Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The canoe trip was amazingly uneventful. The only casualty were two iPhones because the people were too fucking stupid to leave them at the campsite. They had them in a plastic bag with all their cigarettes. Sure enough the canoe tipped over and the bag was open. Though there was massive pinball gathering at my buddy Brian's over the weekend. There were definitely some shenanigans. So that could be story worthy. Let's just say Gentle Ben was so rocked that I took him home at ten.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

And thank you Dim.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

Rumours are that the last deal put forward by the ufc is a 6 fight deal at ............30 million dollars. They also have relented about combat sambo and offer ppv cuts to m1 global and allow fedor to wear all the m1 he wants. The sticking point still seems to be the co promotion. To me M1 would get more attention just by being on fedors shirts and mentioned in post fights than they probably would with a co promotion with strikeforce

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Aggramar

If that offer is true and Fedor's management turns it down because of the co-promotion sticking point, him and his team can go fuck themselves. That's beyond ludicrous of an offer with the UFC bending over backwards on just about everything.

Time will tell I guess.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

Fedors brother has said that the manager, Vadim, is using fedor to further his business goals. Fedor does cut a % of what m1 makes, and m1 paid a big chunk of fedors salary with affliction, but if that ufc contract is true his money should be well secured.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm fairly interested in the news conference for Friday.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

man fuck M-1 and fuck fedor, that is some bullshit to turn all that down

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Blarg View Post
    Fedors brother has said that the manager, Vadim, is using fedor to further his business goals. Fedor does cut a % of what m1 makes, and m1 paid a big chunk of fedors salary with affliction, but if that ufc contract is true his money should be well secured.
    Don’t Believe The UFC Spin: The Real Details on Fedor’s Offer
    By Ty Lannister

The MMA media is abuzz with the latest in the Fedor Emelianenko-UFC negotiations. Carmichael Dave, one of the UFC’s favorite go-to guys in the media, announced the terms Zuffa is offering Fedor:

-The UFC offered Fedor a 6 fight, 30 million dollar contract. That’s 5 mil a fight

- The UFC offered Fedor an immediate title shot

- Lesnar/Fedor would be the biggest PPV in MMA history (we assume), and the UFC offered M-1 Global a cut of the PPV on top of Fedor’s purse.

- Fedor was free to wear as many M-1 logoed items as he wished.

- The UFC also relented on allowing Fedor to compete in combat sambo.

Apparently, for good or bad, M-1 refuses to sign a deal unless the UFC agrees to co-promote

That’s the story. The question: why is everyone buying it? Our new special contributor Jonathan Snowden, the author of Total MMA: Inside Ultimate Fighting has the real scoop on the UFC’s offer.

“The numbers being floated there are a little misleading. The UFC’s offer of $30 million over six fights isn’t a guarantee,” Snowden learned from a source. “The number is based on Zuffa’s projections of what Fedor’s take of the PPV money would be, and the numbers they are projecting are based on selling a ton of PPV’s. The actual guarantee for Fedor is much more modest. It’s true that if business stays at record levels Fedor could walk away with $30 million. But that is no guarantee.”

In reality, this is a deal no more generous than many others Zuffa has offered to most of their top fighters. It’s a deal that is risky for a fighter like Fedor who prefers getting his money up front, rather than take a risk on whether the UFC’s business will continue to grow.

As long as Fedor can get guaranteed money elsewhere, he isn’t likely to take a chance on a deal that only pays him huge money if the business model continues to grow at an astounding rate. He seems willing to wait for the next promotion to come along and throw money at him: guaranteed money.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Monson pleads guilty to graffiti charge, can't leave U.S. to fight

By Maggie Hendricks
    http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_spor...ohkpBDFqxl0DbK

Veteran MMA fighter Jeff Monson pleaded guilty to graffiti-related charges stemming from a picture that was published last year in ESPN the Magazine (right) of Monson spraypainting an anarchy symbol onto the Washington state Capitol. Monson pleaded guilty to the Capitol charge, and entered an Alford plea on the charge for graffiti at an armed-forces recruiting center, meaning that he doesn't admit guilt, but does believe that there is enough evidence that he will be convicted.

Monson, 38, is scheduled to be sentenced in October, with the prosecutor recommending 90 days in jail. He was also slapped with a $21,894 fine for restitution. However, the crushing blow for Monson is that he was forced to hand over his passport. He is reported to have fights scheduled in Russia and Japan in early 2010, and won't be able to travel for them. When asked to turn the passport over, he asked the prosecutor, "Are you going to support my family now?"

Monson's last three fights have not been in the United States, but the idea that he won't be able to find a fight within the U.S. is just silly. His name has drawing power, and there are plenty of shows that would clamor to have Monson on their card.

They probably won't pay as well as the Japanese and Russian shows, but Monson should have considered those consequences before he whipped out the can of spray paint and defaced government property. His graffiti may have been an act of civil disobedience to bring awareness to anarchy, but, as he well knows, acts of civil disobedience are frequently punished.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

He's a fucking idiot. Next time deface a local government building. Not a federal one.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

jeff monson ever beat anyone worth a damn? i know he has a silly W-L record but i feel like he lost to every big name he fought. oh well, i like his G&P style, what a dummy

just checked his wiki. mark kerr and rico rodriguez loooool. oh well, he still has one of the best nicknames in the sport

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    jeff monson ever beat anyone worth a damn? i know he has a silly W-L record but i feel like he lost to every big name he fought. oh well, i like his G&P style, what a dummy

just checked his wiki. mark kerr and rico rodriguez loooool. oh well, he still has one of the best nicknames in the sport
    Ever heard of Sergei Kharitonov and Roy Nelso? :/ Monson has been on a tear lately.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

i actually no zippy about either of them

edit: after a google i do know roy nelson, i remember watching AA fight him on elitexc last year. he is a big fat guy and therefore i will support him, i will not however consider him a good fighter

edit 2: im an idiot, i just read an article about him like 3 days ago @ BE about TUF10, i hope he won and now he is my new favorite fighter.

I trained with Monson down in Florida when he was preparing to fight Tim Silvia. For such a big tough dude, he is pretty soft spoken and all around a "nice guy".

Sad to see him make a stupid mistake like this though.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Dana's twitter

Dana on Fedor - We tried everything that we could possibly do to get Fedor in the UFC – we went above and beyond.

I hear that Strikeforce offered 1 million a fight, which is less than the UFC offer, but M-1 gets to Co-Sponser.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

fedor is about to become the most hated man in MMA

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm going to be honest... Im a huge fan of Fedor but if he never enters UFC on that note (over that much money) I'm going to take away about a thousand cool points from him...

This is really dissapointing to hear. For anyone at all, fans or not, to doubt how big a Fedor/Lesnar fight would be is just beyond stupid

Cue the "Fedor is ducking Lesnar" comments.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

UFC Press Conference

The press conference starts at 2:00pm EST. Make sure to stay at BloodyElbow.com for what should be big news.

- We're under way. Dana had said this would stream on UFC.com but no one can find it so follow our updates here.

- Dana says they tried everything possible to get Fedor in the UFC and went above and beyond, the only thing they wouldn't cave on is co-promotion.

- Dana White confirms that they have signed Vitor Belfort. Belfort will fight Rich Franklin at UFC 103.

- A 3 year deal has been signed with ESPN UK. Free, Hi-Def starting with UFC 101

- Tito Ortiz is officially back in the UFC. Dana White says "Tito will retire in the UFC"

- Tito: "Time cures everything. Dana apologized to me....It was about competition...financially I'm ok...Dana stuck by his word."

- Ortiz states that there was no one to fight if he went to Strikeforce and that he feels totally healthy.

- Tito is working with Freddie Roach and says he expects to fight in November or December.

- It is confirmed that Vitor vs. Franklin will be at light heavyweight (205 lbs)

- White confirms Tito's first fight back could be against Mark Coleman and expects some ring rust.

- Dana says they are always working to complete a network deal but need "the right deal" which they don't yet have.

- Tito says it was an offer he couldn't refuse and you'll never hear him complain about money again.

- Dana claims that Dan Henderson is next in line for a title shot at 185.

- From twitter.com/mmanation:

White: M-1's going to "co-promote"? They're going to help US? "That shit probably works in Russia. Not here."

- Dana says the UFC is going to come to Japan and it "can't be stopped"

- White says that no one wants to watch Mayweather vs. Marquez, they want to see Mayweather vs. Pacquiao.

- Dana says he has no interest in bringing back Tim Sylvia or Andrei Arlovski.

- White claims that M-1 can call him right now if they're ready to make a deal. He was very confident this was going to happen.

- Again from MMA Nation's twitter:

White: the deal that White said "would change the UFC forever" is "very close" to happening and NOT the Tito Ortiz deal.

- White claims they were willing to make a deal at almost any cost to get Fedor but he doesn't want to fight the best.

- Dana says he feels it is his job to make Fedor/Lesner a reality since it is what fans want. And Fedor can do sambo every Thursday night for all he cares.

- White confirms that if they get a network deal they're putting "real fights" on TV.

- The call is over

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 669 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast