Closed Thread
Page 8 of 669 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

This next event should be really good and Im so excited Amir Sadollah is finally going to fight after being removed from his previous two cards due to health issues.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

I'm pumped about the Silva fight, pretty sure that's going to be awesome no matter who wins.

So you quoted the whole thing Dimm?

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    I'm pumped about the Silva fight, pretty sure that's going to be awesome no matter who wins.

So you quoted the whole thing Dimm?
    Yeah I agree. And yeah fuck it why not quote the whole thing LOL

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

TapouT Radio - 080309 TapouT Radio: Scott Coker

above is an interview with scott coker after signing fedor. The most important thing he said is about a plan to have an event where almost all the MMA promotion will put a show where every champion from a promotion fights the other ones.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah cuz it works so well for boxing....not!

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by wyrmtung View Post
    Yeah cuz it works so well for boxing....not!
    I was thinking the same thing.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

although it gave us hatton vs pacman , tyson vs lewis. Boxing business model is not the same as this. so we just cant tell if it will work well, but for me all I care for is the good match up fights that can happen now

the elephant whisperer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by donnie View Post
    although it gave us hatton vs pacman , tyson vs lewis. Boxing business model is not the same as this. so we just cant tell if it will work well, but for me all I care for is the good match up fights that can happen now
    So M-1's champions are going to fight Strikeforce's? Who the fuck does M-1 have besides Fedor? It doesn't even make sense. He can try and justify it however he wants...but it comes down to he just gave half his company away to sign someone who can't draw in the US...where his company is. This whole situation is retarded and they deserve what they're going to get now for being such idiots and agreeing to this deal. Maybe once Fedor's people have bankrupted every org except the UFC...he'll sign.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by noblemountain View Post
    So M-1's champions are going to fight Strikeforce's? Who the fuck does M-1 have besides Fedor? It doesn't even make sense. He can try and justify it however he wants...but it comes down to he just gave half his company away to sign someone who can't draw in the US...where his company is. This whole situation is retarded and they deserve what they're going to get now for being such idiots and agreeing to this deal. Maybe once Fedor's people have bankrupted every org except the UFC...he'll sign.
    I dont think Fedor will ever sign in the UFC. His fighting record and title is safe fighting lesser opponents. His Legacy is tarnished in my opinion.

the elephant whisperer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    I dont think Fedor will ever sign in the UFC. His fighting record and title is safe fighting lesser opponents. His Legacy is tarnished in my opinion.
    I think he's sign eventually. I misread the Coker announcement as M-1 and Strikeforce were copromoting, when it's actually Strikeforce and Dream. Although the statement still stands. The only fighters above 170 that Dream has that matter are Soukodjou, Filho, and Manhoef. Maybe Mayhem if he's on his game.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

As far as I know, M-1 have denied the rumors of that 30mil offer so really no one knows what actually happened behind the scenes. Also, Fedor does have a "fight contract" with M-1 and has 3 fight left in that contract to fullfill, so he is a slave to those managers for the time being.So I wont say Fedor legacy is tarnished because he is ducking UFC.

Broke is a hot product of UFC ( now) but he really isnt tested enough with a 4-1 record, as soon as he get knocked out it will hurt the HW division in UFC, where other promotions such as dreams and strikeforce will be filled with much more HW prospects/champions

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

In my opinion he's got to do something epic within the next 2-3 years or his legacy will forever go down as someone who coasted against lesser opponents in his prime years to preserve an image.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Why do people keep mentioning Fedor's legacy being tarnished? He will be the King of MMA for a long time, even if he loses to the next 5. There's no one even close to him. Not all these fighters who cut a weight class to fight smaller opponents, not Couture with his 64% win record or Grappler killer Liddell. With that said I respect Dana and the UFC a lot more for comprimising and doing everything reasonable to get Fedor in the UFC. Vadim is a greedy fag.

Why do people keep mentioning Fedor's legacy being tarnished?
    Because, on the surface, it looks like he is ducking competition. I'm not saying I agree with that..... just that is the way it looks (which is really all that matters).

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm going to go right out and say that he really is ducking the competition. We know that money isn't the motivator for his decision. Either he wants to stay pretty by fighting guys he is a huge favorite against or the Russian mob is holding his sister hostage.

the elephant whisperer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by wyrmtung View Post
    I'm going to go right out and say that he really is ducking the competition. We know that money isn't the motivator for his decision. Either he wants to stay pretty by fighting guys he is a huge favorite against or the Russian mob is holding his sister hostage.
    I wouldn't say he is ducking anyone personally. I just think that he's getting really bad advice from people close to him and trusts those people wholeheartedly. Dave Meltzer is reporting that the UFC's offer to Fedor was a 3~6m per fight deal, 3 being the PPV did absolute shit and 6 being UFC 100 numbers. (1.5+m buys)

I think that after Strikeforce loses money over these next 3 fights and Fedor gets tired of being asked questions about the UFC, he'll wake up and realize that his managers and handlers are not doing things in his best interest and get rid of them.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Fedor will be turning 33 next month. Hopefully, he is as durable as Couture. That way we might see him in a UFC fight in the future. But I would not be surprised if he turns 34-35 and desides to quit before he gets beat.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

so i guess jacare signed with strikeforce yesterday, apparently debuting same night as fedor. if mousasi would stay at 205 they would have unbelievable champions at middle, light heavy, and heavy weight. its a shame the only real challenges for any of them are all the respective UFC champs

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 669 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast