Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level

those are probably alternate costumes. I'm sure the default is moogle if you dont change it.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

The sign up page is glitched, at least in Firefox. The selection page for the items you want to use has problems scrolling and displaying the objects.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I saw the note about causing congestion = event cancellation, but it sounds like you get to cause chaos which lasts until a GM shows up. I predict some interesting obstacles appearing at the Colibri camp for no good reason!

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    The sign up page is glitched, at least in Firefox. The selection page for the items you want to use has problems scrolling and displaying the objects.
    Expand the height of your browser (are you keeping your window small to hide it at work?). The page is intentionally keeping you centered over the objects. You have to use the built-in scroll arrows at the bottom of the page to see more items. Your browser's scrollbars won't work (even in IE).

Edit: In other words, you didn't notice the yellow arrow buttons at the bottom of the list of objects, or your browser window was too small and they were hidden from your view.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    Bubbling Bernie Lv1 'HNM' event comes to mind
    lol

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Honestly, this is not a bad thing. Probably not hard for them to do and, if people embrace it, could be a fun addition.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I can see social linkshells hosting their own Chocobo Races, Foot Races, or Scavenger Hunts.
    But from the disclaimer at the bottom, it sounds like you're not allowed to have prizes for your events, what's the point?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gergall View Post
    I saw the note about causing congestion = event cancellation, but it sounds like you get to cause chaos which lasts until a GM shows up. I predict some interesting obstacles appearing at the Colibri camp for no good reason!

Expand the height of your browser (are you keeping your window small to hide it at work?). The page is intentionally keeping you centered over the objects. You have to use the built-in scroll arrows at the bottom of the page to see more items. Your browser's scrollbars won't work (even in IE).

Edit: In other words, you didn't notice the yellow arrow buttons at the bottom of the list of objects, or your browser window was too small and they were hidden from your view.
    My browser is at full size for a full size monitor. I did see the arrows but I was unable to click them because it kept repositioning the page.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimagi View Post
    I can see social linkshells hosting their own Chocobo Races, Foot Races, or Scavenger Hunts.
    But from the disclaimer at the bottom, it sounds like you're not allowed to have prizes for your events, what's the point?
    Not allowed to have RL money as prizes, ingame shit seems ok

Starless

Naked run to Jeuno? Pssh, come on. That's too easy. Make it Throne Room and we'll have ourselves a party.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

We held one last year from Windurst to the Cloister of Storms.

Our sadistic leader wanted to see how people would handle the crabs in the hallway up to it.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Moogle : Monster #60 "My front right foot is on backwards"

Throw that in if you have spare moogle slots just to mess with them! And the participants!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    My browser is at full size for a full size monitor. I did see the arrows but I was unable to click them because it kept repositioning the page.
    Theory 1: You have NoScript or something else disallowing the page?

Theory 2: You are using your browser's artificial zoom feature? This is the feature where you hold CTRL and push + to zoom in or - to zoom out. Try hitting CTRL 0 to reset to the default zoom level and then see if the page works.

I have definitely seen script-heavy pages get messed up by zoom before.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So how has this event been panning out for people, who have tried it so far?

EDIT: btw, with the 106 bytes, I wonder if that is using one byte characters or two byte unicode characters...

That SpellCast Guy
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin View Post

EDIT: btw, with the 106 bytes, I wonder if that is using one byte characters or two byte unicode characters...
    I was going to try it out but after spending a while thinking about it I couldn't figure out anything tha
    Pretty much every potential idea I came up with wouldn't work out with only 106 characters, that isn't ve
    I don't know, maybe someone out there that's less cynical than me can come up with a way to use this feat
    But I don't think so, it's pretty frustrating to me that they waste developer time on this garbage instea

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'll put mine in sea and make it say "Kupo! Attempting to tackle the mighty Absolute Virtue, are you? The secret to disabling him lies solely i"

And maybe sometime later, add a second moogle to finish the sentence with how you can reduce JoL's regen by killing more pets and how you should nuke according to the day.

Unless the 106 byte limit is using Unicode, and it's actually a 53 character limit.

In that case, I'll just add a moogle that says "I'm so scared, kupo! They say Candlejack's been lurki"

That SpellCast Guy
    BG Level

"First they came for the moogles with messages longer than 106 characters, but I didn't speak up because m"

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

So now Galkas can Marry Galkas?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin View Post
    Events are requested 7 to 14 days before the start date. The first events will begin popping up no sooner than August 4th.

Has anyone requested an event?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
    "First they came for the moogles with messages longer than 106 characters, but I didn't speak up because m"
    I lul'ed