1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 55 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 3 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 6 hours, 55 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I have a feeling since they've released a bit of info already as it is, they'll probably just have a non-playable tech demo or something of that sort.

A. Body
    BG Level

Frankly, I'd be surprised if we get any extra information from GC now. What we got from the fuimasu/site update was kinda what I expected to get from the show. Odds are they'll update parts of the website periodically from now on, one of which might coincide with GC, but I'm betting the big guns will wait until TGS.

Quote Originally Posted by LD View Post
    Frankly, I'd be surprised if we get any extra information from GC now. What we got from the fuimasu/site update was kinda what I expected to get from the show. Odds are they'll update parts of the website periodically from now on, one of which might coincide with GC, but I'm betting the big guns will wait until TGS.
    Yeah I agree. I don't think we'll get any new info until TGS at the earliest. And even then I can see them just showing a glorified version of the E3 teaser. It's S-E we're talking about here.

Averrinicus

Quote Originally Posted by 100percentile View Post
    Yeah I agree. I don't think we'll get any new info until TGS at the earliest. And even then I can see them just showing a glorified version of the E3 teaser. It's S-E we're talking about here.
    I want at least a little tiny piece of in game footage

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Actually, since the website got updated, I've changed my stance.

Before, I figured the magazine info was for the JP, because they were going to be doing this info at GC.
    But when all the websites updated I thought, "Wait, if they were going to show this at GC, wouldn't the site be updated AFTER?"

Now, I'm thinking they will have more at GC, if not something new, then at least more in depth info for what we've already seen. Reporters are going to have had a week to develop questions for SE based on the materiel they've seen, and SE has to be ready for that.

Averrinicus

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    Actually, since the website got updated, I've changed my stance.

Before, I figured the magazine info was for the JP, because they were going to be doing this info at GC.
    But when all the websites updated I thought, "Wait, if they were going to show this at GC, wouldn't the site be updated AFTER?"

Now, I'm thinking they will have more at GC, if not something new, then at least more in depth info for what we've already seen. Reporters are going to have had a week to develop questions for SE based on the materiel they've seen, and SE has to be ready for that.
    Don't forget the other two cities aren't updated yet on the main website. so we will have at least that so maybe they are holding back more?

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

So with all this talk of translation, I'm wondering if anybody won't play the beta if it were somehow accessible to non-jp AND not translated into English or your language.

I know I would. In all reality, you don't really need to read much to figure out controls or what to do, and if the quest writers work in XIV like they do in XI, then what the npc says to do can be pretty vague and you'll just end up finishing quests/missions by what the forum or wiki suggests.

Averrinicus

Quote Originally Posted by Jakson View Post
    So with all this talk of translation, I'm wondering if anybody won't play the beta if it were somehow accessible to non-jp AND not translated into English or your language.

I know I would. In all reality, you don't really need to read much to figure out controls or what to do, and if the quest writers work in XIV like they do in XI, then what the npc says to do can be pretty vague and you'll just end up finishing quests/missions by what the forum or wiki suggests.
    I would do it just to see in game mechanics I don't think I would get very far. back when I was younger and pokemon was still cool I always imported my games and played them in japanese not knowing a whole lot myself. so it would be a yes if I could sneak into a JP beta somehow.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Don't care what language it's in. I'll play that Beta!

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

can't wait!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kawfee Demitasse
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Sargeras

Can't wait, looking forward to GSC. I would expect the new info released in famitsu and the website is just to prime the media for talking points, that will be elaborated on during the Con.

Old Merits
    BG Level

gamescom-Lineup from Square Enix
    11.08.09 - Square Enix announced their Lineup for gamescom in Cologne (19.08.09 - 23.08.09)

Attending Developrt:
    - Yoshinori Kitase (Producer) and Motomu Toriyama (Director) present Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, Xbox 360)

- Hiromichi Tanaka (Producer) plus members of the Development Team present Final Fantasy XIV.

Game-Lineup
    - Supreme Commander 2 (Xbox 360) **playable**
    - Final Fantasy XIV (PS3) **Special-presentation**
    - Dissidia Final Fantasy (PSP)
    - Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, Xbox 360)
    - Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (NDS)
    - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (Wii)

Source: www.gamefront.de
    FF Main Page: FINAL FANTASY XIV

PS: I should know by tonight if Final Fantasy XIV will be playable at gamescom. There is also a section not for “normal” gamescom attendees, so chance is game can be playable there. My own guess is: Not playable before any official beta. If not playable I will not attend this years gamescom. If playable chances are I will go.

Quote Originally Posted by bercus View Post
    Attending Developrt:
    - Yoshinori Kitase (Producer) and Motomu Toriyama (Director) present Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, Xbox 360)

- Hiromichi Tanaka (Producer) plus members of the Development Team present Final Fantasy XIV.

PS: I should know by tonight if Final Fantasy XIV will be playable at gamescom. There is also a section not for “normal” gamescom attendees, so chance is game can be playable there. My own guess is: Not playable before any official beta. If not playable I will not attend this years gamescom. If playable chances are I will go.

Since Tanaka and his team is going to be there plus SE already showed us ingame pictures
    i see no reason why wont they show live footage from FFXIV it will properly wont be playable for normal people.

I did post this before
    http://uman.square-enix-europe.com/c...es/text_en.jpg

^ every game on that list will have playable demo expect FFXIV so i believe they will show it indeed, we already have seen the game trailer.

gamescom-Lineup from Square Enix
    11.08.09 - Square Enix announced their Lineup for gamescom in Cologne (19.08.09 - 23.08.09)

Attending Developrt:

Game-Lineup
    - Supreme Commander 2 (Xbox 360) **playable**
    - Final Fantasy XIV (PS3) **Special-presentation**
    - Dissidia Final Fantasy (PSP)
    - Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, Xbox 360)
    - Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (NDS)
    - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (Wii)

Source: www.gamefront.de
    FF Main Page: FINAL FANTASY XIV

Oh shit this is going to be awesome

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Damn it next week.
    COME FASTER!

[
    PS: I should know by tonight if Final Fantasy XIV will be playable at gamescom.
    Can't wait for your news, bercus.

Thanks for the info Bercus and Seph, much appreciated and eager to see what is coming.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

shit, anyone else think that Pony Friends game is going to be fucking amazing? HELL!

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Disappointing to see Supreme Commander as **Playable** but FFXIV as **Special-Presentation**

I hope that presentation is a quick look into the in-game world (even if it's not real-time playable) and a date for DA BETA!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trine Traverse
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybar View Post
    I hope that presentation is a quick look into the in-game world (even if it's not real-time playable) and a date for DA BETA!
    Would be awesome indeed.

Still a bit bummed that they haven't even updated the EU site with the new info yet. Yay for the usual 3rd world treatment.