BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: desynthesis and tiers?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

desynthesis and tiers?

does being 11/31/51 over help on desynthesis? i ask because i am a poor lv.99 smither; i cannot have both moghancement: desynthesis and 105 skill. the other night i spent about 800k on heavy quadav chestplates on went 0/38 on moly. i am probably up to about 0/60 at this point. what i'm looking to know is whether i had extremely bad luck or if i set myself up for it.

thanks.

My understanding of it is that no it does not help.

Once you've reached the cap, you have the same odds as any amount of skill over it in terms of NQ/HQ distribution.

I don't have the data anymore, but during inflation I used to desynth silver ingots from rings all day for profit, and my 100GS had same results as my alchemist with 32 skill or whatever it capped at(I had skilled up off it). So I just used whatever character I wasn't doing endgame with at the time to do it, since it didn't seem to matter.

My woodworking is now pushing 85, and I have been slowly running my sub crafts up to 60 on at a time, slowly making progress on all fronts (and making a gosh-awful number of arrowheads to use up) and I've often chosen to desynth my skill up items for chances at some mats to swing again, or even to skill up. (I swear some desynths are loaded to skill one, I did 1.7 on Caraprice Mask desynths when I passed through that part of boneworking)

Anyhow I see a pretty random distribution of NQ, HQ1, HQ2, and HQ3 results when I do this. Being undercap does not seem to change my HQ desyth numbers downward, nor does being over seem to bring them up. (I was screwing around on a low level job and got a bunch of shell shields and they desynth into femurs, Turtle shells, and blow up about equally)

I figure the ingot you seek is a HQ3 and the odds are just cruddy to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Darus Grey View Post
    My understanding of it is that no it does not help.

Once you've reached the cap, you have the same odds as any amount of skill over it in terms of NQ/HQ distribution.

I don't have the data anymore, but during inflation I used to desynth silver ingots from rings all day for profit, and my 100GS had same results as my alchemist with 32 skill or whatever it capped at(I had skilled up off it). So I just used whatever character I wasn't doing endgame with at the time to do it, since it didn't seem to matter.
    My experience its the same, no matter how high you are over the desynth recipe the rates are the same.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

next question: does anyone have typical ratios for desynthesis? i haven't desynthed too much but after farming up a few sets of alky bracelets, i know it's not normal to go 0/60 on gigas sock HQ3. i guess i just have terrible luck with smithing.

might be mentioned in the sticky... I do remember numbers being posted as to ratios of desynth hqs...though I don't recall offhand and the thread is probably buried now.

Edit: Found the thread i was thinking of.. on page 9.
    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/47106-hq1-hq2-hq3.html

ratio mentioned is 12/3/1 for hq1/hq2/hq3

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

thank you. i guess i just have miserable luck.

perhaps desynthesis info should be put in the sticky? it was the first place i checked but there is not so much in there.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

sadly most desynths based on luck.... and i have full str MH desynth.
    Tho crafting on darksday seems to help

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

From an old post of mine on another site...

I have a collection of notes on around 1000 poorly documented, loosely controlled desynths with weak desynth moghancement that suggest the ratios of Break:NQ:HQ1:HQ2:HQ3 are in the ballpark of 21:7:5:3:2. Someday I'll perhaps do a more controlled and statistically significant study.
    Take it for what you will.