+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one..     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Am I the only one..

..Who finds the music video for "7 Things" by Miley Cyrus to be extraordinarily pretentious? What the fuck does this tirade of prepubescent, fourteen year-old estrogen-pots know about the trials and tribulations of being in love?

YouTube - Miley Cyrus - 7 Things - Official Music Video (HQ)

I'm just sayin'.

Some of the comments are wonderful, though.

FRANKMANNACO700: MILEY I WILL SUCK YOUR FEET!!!!!!!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

dumb video, but I'd still slay the bitch

Shadow of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Needed its own thread?

Kind of related, but today on twitter one of the trending topics was #nomoreemotweets or something about this very subject(Miley thinking she's had a hard life)

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

please don't move this to spam

Quote Originally Posted by Overburn View Post
    Needed its own thread?

Kind of related, but today on twitter one of the trending topics was #nomoreemotweets or something about this very subject(Miley thinking she's had a hard life)
    Kinda' like all the fucking rap sensations going on about their incredibly hard lives on the streets in their songs that they record from the home-studio in their multimillion-dollar mansions?

Quote Originally Posted by residue View Post
    Tonight, I learned a new dance.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuko_Asura View Post
    ..Who finds the music video for "7 Things" by Miley Cyrus to be extraordinarily pretentious? What the fuck does this tirade of prepubescent, fourteen year-old estrogen-pots know about the trials and tribulations of being in love?
    Have you forgotten what it's like to be a teenager? You think you know everything, when in reality you know jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    Have you forgotten what it's like to be a teenager? You think you know everything, when in reality you know jack.
    Miley Cyrus: More serious than initially anticipated

Ridill
    BG Level

Holy crap @ how bad that really is, even the opening "1-2-3-4" is completely off-beat...

But seriously guys, she knows all about love. She's dated like 3 guys on hanna montana.

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    Holy crap @ how bad that really is, even the opening "1-2-3-4" is completely off-beat...

But seriously guys, she knows all about love. She's dated like 3 guys on hanna montana.
    Chill bro, Hannah is a teenager.

Sleep Deprived Galka BLM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    Yeah, the most offensive part of her and other disney bands successes is that they fucking suck.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Komm Suesser Tod View Post
    Yeah, the most offensive part of her and other disney bands successes is that they fucking suck.
    MMM BOP!

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuko_Asura View Post

YouTube - Miley Cyrus - 7 Things - Official Music Video (HQ)

I'm just sayin'.

Some of the comments are wonderful, though.

FRANKMANNACO700: MILEY I WILL SUCK YOUR FEET!!!!!!!
    What does she know? Nothing. She doesn't write her own material.

I could go on for awhile about this, but I can't truly hate Miley and her ilk. Pity, maybe.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

She is dating a guy like 7 years her senior if I recall correctly. If I were her father I'd never let that happen but apparently he's cool with it too or even set them up, I forgot how it went. So I'd assume she's fairly mature for her age, which is to be expected, most famous kids are forced to be pretty mature.

Besides that though, yeah the songs are made to appeal to the teenage audience who will think "I know exactly what this feels like" and relate to it. Of course as adults we look at it and laugh, but as kids they look at it and relate and that sells.

For the record, I would destroy Miley Cyrus, dear god. She would struggle to stand up after I was done with her.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Quote Originally Posted by Chuyu View Post
    MMM BOP!
    Whoa whoa whoa, let's leave the rock gods Hanson out of this m'kay.

Casty

I don't really have anything against Miley Cyrus, but I really hate the fact that her stuff PLAGUES the airwaves. Usually the radio sucks, but now it's even worse.

Unfortunately, I kind of find "See You Again" kind of catchy... FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUU
    YouTube - Miley Cyrus-See You Again(HQ,Album Version FULL)

maybe someone else wrote that song for her to sing?...

..just putting that out there..

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Jodwahh View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa, let's leave the rock gods Hanson out of this m'kay.
    Yeah, those young ladies are talented, hard-working role models for today's youth.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Casty View Post
    I don't really have anything against Miley Cyrus, but I really hate the fact that her stuff PLAGUES the airwaves. Usually the radio sucks, but now it's even worse.

Unfortunately, I kind of find "See You Again" kind of catchy... FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUU
    YouTube - Miley Cyrus-See You Again(HQ,Album Version FULL)
    The radio in Southern Ontario is absolutely amazing. So many classic/hard Rock stations compared to any others its wonderful. Just picking up my car on the way back I had my choice of Van Halen, Zeppelin, or Pearl Jam.

As for this Jonas brothers, Cirus thing going on.... its disgusting. I hope that someday soon the entire market for that kind of music crashes like it did for Disco. So many good Rock N' Roll bands are finally coming out of the woodwork yet again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast