+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level

What do you use to shave your head?

I like a handful of people I've run into, simply don't have time to do the whole 'go out and get a haircut' thing. With school & work I've opted to simply shave it all off to save time and money. Unfortunately I just busted the shears (or shaver, not sure the term) I got from a friend a while back and am looking to buy a new one. Any retrogradations on a cheap buy or quality piece of machinery?

For that matter, what's a good shaver for facial hair as mine grows faster than should be deemed natural.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

A guillotine offers the closest shave bar none.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

just go buy a hair clipper, it costs like $40 at most, and you get the whole set (clipper/trimmer/etc in 1 box).

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

My advice to you would be to stop crying and get a haircut every month or so. If you turn 40 and start losing your hair, you're going to want to spend any amount of time and money to try and get it back. My hair grows like a fucking weed and there aren't many people who's hair grows faster. I need a cut every 3 weeks really, but if I'm good with styling I can stretch it out to a month easy.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

For facial shaving I'm lazy and use a Norelco body groomer to trim my scruff down then I use my regular Norelco shaver (don't know the model # off hand, but it's the blue one that uses Nivea gel) to take care of what's left.

As for head shaving I use to just use some old clippers my dad had laying around the house and then I'd just bic it. But that's only if you want clean shave which in the long run will end up costing you a bit less than a regular haircut per month.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Due to my forehead being more of a fivehead I shave my head, I just use an electric hair trimmer with none of those black plastic clip on thingies on it. For shaving my face I just use an electric trimmer with a bad cord that I have to manually hold in place in order for it to not short out.

Using a bic takes way too much time, and razorburn on the neck/head is the worst.

Tyven's Xbax Fren
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

I've been buzzing my hair myself for about 15 years now. Buy a good pair of clippers and they will last you for a really long time, I'm only on my second pair, and they are about 10 years old.

I normally use a #3 guard (5/8")

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by ertyu View Post
    My advice to you would be to stop crying and get a haircut every month or so. If you turn 40 and start losing your hair, you're going to want to spend any amount of time and money to try and get it back. My hair grows like a fucking weed and there aren't many people who's hair grows faster. I need a cut every 3 weeks really, but if I'm good with styling I can stretch it out to a month easy.
    ^
    This

Hair is one of the most important fashion accessories you adorn.

Each person's bone structure, face shape, complexion and individual style interplay, can be enhanced by a suitable hairstyle.

Go to the hairstylist.

Depending on the amount of money you want to spend, you can get quality electric shavers for hair or cheap ones but they both work. The variable is on how long the equipment will last and how long the blades can go without proper oiling and cleaning.

I use an electric shaver for hair care for shaving my head and for close shave, the smaller blade tip. For bald, many types of razors can be used but use good antiseptic shaving cream or go to a barber if you want it done often and have the cash.

Quote Originally Posted by wop View Post
    ^
    This

Hair is one of the most important fashion accessories you adorn.

Each person's bone structure, face shape, complexion and individual style interplay, can be enhanced by a suitable hairstyle.

Go to the hairstylist.
    Only gay guys go to a stylist. I'm 22 and am already losing most the hair on the top portion of my head. So like many guys in NYC, I've opted for the #2. Most girls dig the bald/shaved look tbh.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by *Shinzon* View Post
    Only gay guys go to a stylist. I'm 22 and am already losing most the hair on the top portion of my head. So like many guys in NYC, I've opted for the #2. Most girls dig the bald/shaved look tbh.
    Wow, absolutely none of your post is true! (except the parts that you talk about yourself)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wow, absolutely none of your post is true! (except the parts that you talk about yourself)
    We could laugh at his balding head at least.

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

For those of you that rock the bald look what do you do to help lengthen the time between shaving? I know some guys have the shiny look for like two or three days. My problem is that I have have stubble like 14 hours after the fact.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

If you want shiny head all the time, you have to shave it everyday. Really no way to make your hair not grow.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

A woman.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Who places sharp objects near their penis anyways?

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Who are you to say that hos in Da South Bronx don't like the bald look? You manhattanite yuppie.

Best headrazor that I know of

HeadBlade® | Ultimate Head Shaving Razor & Head Care Products

no hidden affliate code..

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by ZarakiKujata View Post
    Who are you to say that hos in Da South Bronx don't like the bald look? You manhattanite yuppie.
    Haha. I'm living in Queens atm and working out in the city, I want to get an apartment here but its way too expensive. Brooklyn and the Bronx suck, and don't even get me started on SI. I was thinking of Hoboken but... New Jersey.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Hey, I fucking grew up on Brighton Beach.

Fuck you and the Arizonian horse you rode in on.

Also, I agree with ...... New Jersey