Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fields of Valor reviews     submit to reddit submit to twitter

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

FoV fucking owns.

1. Make a party of 5-6 with a sync level 10-11 (Valkurm), or 18-19 (Qufim). Have outside RDM/WHM/etc. Curing and handling aggro
    2. Run around the zone killing everything. Use outpost at Valkurm to do a page every day. Additional 500-700 exp per page, plus tabs. Same goes for qufim.

If you do this you will accumulate a LOT of tabs over the course of a good exp run, and the extra exp is really nice. I like it.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fridell View Post
    Groundkeepers are easier to kill then Elementals lol, I can't see why you say this Plow?
    Not a blm, just know all the blm's I've ever talked to that soloed in sky stuck with elementals.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Spungy View Post
    The Antican Lanista's are very close to a book. There is a book at the north end of Revelation Rock that most people do not know about. About 1 minute walk north of that there are several Lanista, you need 6 of those. You also need 4 Secutors (WAR) and they are hanging out to the East of the book.
    Nice, I didn't know about that book; I was normally using the one at H-10 (OP to Kuzotz region, and just zone to the next desert), which has loads of the warriors, but very few blms (I think only one pops around there, in the lower areas).

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    Not a blm, just know all the blm's I've ever talked to that soloed in sky stuck with elementals.
    I found page4 elementals was eaiser than page5 mostly because I'm lazy and don't like running. The downside to page4 is you have to deal with Wind Elementals.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

FoV is honestly the best thing to happen for leveling jobs from the low to mid levels. Just doing a couple of pages each day over the course of leveling a new job really adds up. Like it's already been mentioned, the regen/refresh makes a big difference and allows you to keep playing without resting. Augments are just a bonus and that's fine with me.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I hope more FoV appear in more zones.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

FoV is a godsend for me since I am not into endgame but rather I like to spend my time exping (not sure why, it's fun)

I've taken 3 jobs so far from 19 -> 37 with FoV. It takes me about a week if I get into it and have some time to spare. I also did 50 -> 61 with PUP on FoV quickly~ Just have to gauge what you can handle and what you can't handle for books. The northland books suck a bunch. (bones with ice spikes, blood aggro not pretty)

But if you're not into soloing but have some spare time before events and you don't want to commit to a party, go FoV for that extra 1k to your level! Hell, grab a friend to make the time go by faster.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it but I took Sam from 37 to 42 in Yuhtunga doing the page with Makaras and Sahagins on it. Process is come on new day, drop down, kill all bard Sahagins and all page mobs and once you complete page do a circle back to OP killing all the RNG gobs on the way back because they are just stupid easy. I was getting about 9k an hour there selectively leveling only using Emp band and doing pages. Just go /dnc and go full out attack full time hasso and drain samba to help. Go for kill speed over everything else and ignore lolevasion and what not. It really was an amazing camp for awhile but it seriously starts to go down once you hit 42 iirc. Great camp if anyone else wants to give it a shot.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

if I dont have anything going on for a day and I dont feel like meriting and focusing to keep up mob after mob after mob, I'll load up PLD/DNC go solo a few NM's and then go to Ro'maeve and just chill, go after and do something else, come back earn some more exp, maybe even focus on poping nightmare vase as a goal for the day.

simple things really, I enjoy it its a great addition.

assburgers
    BG Level

Between solo FoV grinding, an astral burn that bumped me 15 > 23, and a party today 31 > 35, I finished my /Drk from 11 to 37 in the last couple of days.

FoV refresh on low level Drk and Pld is so epic, I can't imagine what it's like for mages getting to have this.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    I hope more FoV appear in more zones.
    this, ^ if SE put in CoP[mostly likely place next] the outdoor areas for it might quit being deadzones where no1 ever exps in at all.

I cannot vouch for the higher level area manuals but I have put a lot of time in the lower level.

It is great for soloing, this coming from a player who only solos. One thing is that it may spoil a player who is not already used to a habit of being without refresh/rr/regen at lower levels. I do not buy the food because I craft but I have seen some good stats on the food compared to other food, especially the STR and DEF food. I don't see many people spending tabs on the food, however.

The manuals have a plan to keep you going up to the next zones. I like the choices in mobs but you have to consider the pages that are not in heavily used areas or you will be competing for page mobs.

Check the pages in the zones and examine the mob head count before you use it, so you know how many mobs are available in the area per page. People tend to gravitate towards the easier mobs, so if you like a challenge and want less competition, it helps to find the sections with the harder FOV mobs, the ones on the higher range of the mob level.

An example is Buburimu/Kolshushu. Most players avoid the carnivorous crawlers that flank Mhaura but pick off the gobbies in the section. They tend to avoid the other beach to the East of Mhaura. That beach has higher level Pugils and is usually empty on my server. Compare that to the beach on the West nearest the town. The 4 FOV page pugils are always gone as well as the FOV leeches, which are simultaneously being farmed by higher level players.

Most areas I have tried, tend to have a convenient imbalanced pattern like above and it works well for solo to find the niches of mobs.

The manuals go way beyond the suggested levels, so if you consider time to keep your skills capped outside of that exping, it is possible to solo and also earn chump change for a while on EP. The pages come in handy later for buffs and NM so it can be resourceful to save them if you do not absolutely need the buffs all the time.

The repatriation is handy but it costs a sizable amount of credits/tabs if you can't get home another way/op warp.

The only downside of the manuals is that they get me used to having constant buffs during battle, causing me to neglect checking my levels because they are always topped off. As a mage, I prefer use of the Regen, getting the higher tick Refresh from drinks I bring instead.

Warrior Tank
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

It's a great addition and good gil in the early levels.. but I find the 1 FoV per day extremely restrictive for leveling up solo.

No Pants, No Problem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

There's a guy in my LS who leveled 65-75 BRD and majority of RDM to 75 in Valley of Sorrows using nothing but FoV. Just dual boxes another character to do majority of the work.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

One dumb thing about FoV IMO is the lack of a level cap on either the regimes you can pick up or the subsequent rewards. On my server, JP players like to do FoV in zones way beyond the range of the mobs being too weak. IE: level 50-75 players camping on top of low level players/parties in places like qufim for FoV mobs, it's pretty retarded.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That doesn't make any sense because you have to get exp to get credit for the page.

Those guys are probably farming Brown Caskets for the rare/ex item in each zone.

assburgers
    BG Level

Yup, there's an absolute level cap, once you bump into not being able to find EP mobs anymore, you're done there.

The 1 page per day isn't so bad, just have to pace it better, and think ahead. Go flag a page right now while you're surfing BG, when you get back, ideally game day will have changed, and you can finish that page as close to the end of the next game day as you can manage comfortably (I've ran up and hit the book as my clock ticked 23:58 > 23:59 a few times) and flag a new one.

Do that one, don't stop killing, kill things besides the FoV mobs if there are good targets around, flag the next one as late in the next day as you can, should carry you at least to the third day before you have a full game day wait again.

Im loving FoV. Im hoping they add more zones.

Atlasion

FoV looks pretty good. I haven't tried any yet, but have been looking for a way to get my ninja to 75 without using too many parties (I don't like being tied to this game for several hours at a time). Where is best to FoV from 68 onwards?

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

FoV is Really awesome D:

I'm just hoping if they add CoP Zones to the list of FoV/Treasure Casket zones that they add Gothic Body/Head/Legs, Or at least body/legs lol, Would be so hot ;;