BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Fields of Valor reviews     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The only flaw FoV has, is the limit of 1 training regime every vanadiel day, otherwise it could be "Decent" 3-4k exp per hour soloing.

I'VE CHOSEN A TITLE FOR THE LIKES OF YOU!
    BG Level

I agree.

2 FoVs a Vana'Diel day would probably be ideal! Any more than that might be a bit too much...

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

If you pull the trick to do 3 pages in about 1 RL hour, the exp rate is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    If you pull the trick to do 3 pages in about 1 RL hour, the exp rate is fine.
    Which does no good if you can't really plan your time around it.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

In addition to my earlier post about some quick exp in 30-45 min spurts. Its also rather rewarding for skilling up or breaking latents. I've found it a lot easier to ask "lets go break XXX weapon and spam FoV while there" and gotten a lot more positive results then methods in the past. Signet making DC or lower mobs easier to handle solo also greatly helps.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

FoVer's in Ro'Maeve beware!

As of last hour (on this server anyway) Killing and Ominous weapons started linking like crazy. Called a GM about it and apparently it's something seriously broken as he rushed off to tell a supervisor.

Sorry, don't know how to spoiler things for possible table-breaking pictures :S

http://i42.tinypic.com/2uswf1v.png

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Am I whooshing? Killing Weapons and Ominous Weapons have always linked. ALWAYS.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Yeah, they have.

Anyway, FoV is great. At higher levels, it is especially nice when you want to get easy extra EXP/LP while doing things like getting WS points or getting your NPC some EXP.

As for lower levels, I took my MNK from 20 to 54 almost entirely on FoV soloing. DNC sub + the occasional Regen or Protect support makes a decent chunk of EXP, to the tune of about 3k per level at the speed which I could kill things. Formed normal EXP parties whenever I needed to skill my weapons for new weaponskills. Took it to 54 til Birdbanes and have been rocking a few MMM Bird mazes and Aht Urghan colibris since then.

I still do some FoV on it occasionally mostly because people think MNK sucks because it doesn't normally have piercing options. =(

EDIT: Forgot to mention, it's pretty damn good for leveling Guard too.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

My biggest gripe is the 1/day restrict.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

If you translate Priran's image into American English you'll see that this post was a necro from '09 for no other reason than to warn us about linking Wep mobs.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

With some timing you can get 3 fovs in 1 hour. I usually hit terrigan right before logging out and pick up and fov. When I log back in the next day, I do the fov, grab another immediately afterward (since it's a different vanaday than when I got the one the previous night), and by the time those 2 are finished, the day has either changed or is just about to. It's a great way to grab a fast 5k or so xp for very little effort.

Also, you can definately level any sub to 37 with fov. I usually did west saru to 12~13, then moved to grabbing birds in canyon til that ran out, and moved to buburu til 24 or so, then qufim til 37+. It isn't as fast as good party xp, but you'd have to TRY to die most of the time, and it's still faster than a lot of PTs I've encountered.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Chuburger View Post
    FoVer's in Ro'Maeve beware!

As of last hour (on this server anyway) Killing and Ominous weapons started linking like crazy. Called a GM about it and apparently it's something seriously broken as he rushed off to tell a supervisor.

Sorry, don't know how to spoiler things for possible table-breaking pictures :S

Yeah, "I'll look into it" is totally him rushing off to tell his supervisor. Or maybe he was rushing too the toilet to throw up all that non-sense you just force fed him?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4