Closed Thread

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Starting another account, wondering what the current best leveling guides are?

So instead of going from 60-80. I've decided to level a new account from scratch (BE/Horde) and was wondering what were the current/most updated guides on low leveling and such.

Back in the day I would level 1-60 in less than 4-5 days using some Pay-2-Guide PDF I got off of a torrent. Forget the name of it, but it was some guys name "Leveling guide". Worked out extremely well for fast leveling.

I have the option to do RAF. But I feel I should maybe pass on it since I feel I need to grasp everything from the beginning and move past 60 through BC, then on forward. (Just to note, I quit pre-BC/2.0).

Thanks

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Jame's Horde Leveling Guide | World of Warcraft Pro

Best horde guide out there I think. That might even be the one you used to pay for lol.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

tourguide + tomtom

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Jodwahh View Post
    Jame's Horde Leveling Guide | World of Warcraft Pro

Best horde guide out there I think.

Yeah, was just doing the typical Google and noticed that guide.

Just as a FYI. The guide I used to use pre-BC was "http://www.freewarcraftguides.com/recommends/links.php?id=joana" (Joana's Guide).

There are a few here, mostly high rated. But not sure other than the James guide to go with. World of Warcraft Guides Review

Some are definitely more detailed than others (videos on how to kill little bosses, etc.) Things that will just make me lazier it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    tourguide + tomtom
    This. There are a few bugs with certain quests but it's free and really good.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Someone referred Carbonite to me, is that similar to Tourguide+TomTom?

Quote Originally Posted by Pikarya View Post
    Carbonite is similar to TomTom in that it shows you where to go for your quest objectives (such as the location of the mobs you have to kill). As far as I know it isn't an actual leveling guide but it is helpful. You can use it instead of TomTom in conjunction with TourGuide if you prefer a map showing you the specific location rather than just a waypoint.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Pikarya View Post
    I use carbonite+james leveling guides for tourguide on my alts.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Jame's leveling guides are fucking amazing. You can still torrent Joana's guide which is still just as good as it has always been, but I prefer Jame's guide now. Or simply just use questhelper addon.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

No need to torrent anything, james made his into tourguide guides

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

you'd have to torrent brian kopps or joanna's guide, is what i was saying

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Going along with the Jame's Horde leveling guide + Carbonite. Got to 20 in just a few hours, thanks for the suggestions!

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Pika, you should roll on Ner'zhul. A few of the old Kupo guys still play with us, though not many you probably remember.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle View Post
    Jame's leveling guides are fucking amazing. You can still torrent Joana's guide which is still just as good as it has always been, but I prefer Jame's guide now. Or simply just use questhelper addon.
    This I have used Jame's guides for lvling 6 characters its pretty damn fast.

Old Lady Harem of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mne Jing
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Jame's guides are the best, I don't think there is any comparison. Pop in tourguide and you don't even have to alt+tab to read the guides any more. Only problem is the guides stop at 77 after Grizzly Hills. That may or may not be a problem depending on instances that you do, but questing in Outland/Northrend is a lot more straightforward than vanilla WoW, so even without guides, you can still go fast. Of course, that only matters if you haven't hit 80 when you finish. My last 80 took me through Sholazar and part of Stormpeaks to finish, heh.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Toxictaru View Post
    Jame's guides are the best, I don't think there is any comparison. Pop in tourguide and you don't even have to alt+tab to read the guides any more. Only problem is the guides stop at 77 after Grizzly Hills. That may or may not be a problem depending on instances that you do, but questing in Outland/Northrend is a lot more straightforward than vanilla WoW, so even without guides, you can still go fast. Of course, that only matters if you haven't hit 80 when you finish. My last 80 took me through Sholazar and part of Stormpeaks to finish, heh.
    The heirloom shoulders will have you at 80 before you leave Zul'Drak, assuming you did both starter zones. I'm guessing that + chest and you'll be 80 before you even finish Grizzly.

The normal guides that come installed with tourguide also include Sholazar and Storm Peaks. Not that you really need them if you have a flying mount and experience running quests in either zone, of course.

Old Lady Harem of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mne Jing
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

I haven't seen the normal guides. I did my pally with heirloom shoulders, but I had no rest and did like 45-80 in about 6 days, so no time to even get any.

The chest is great though, 20% bonus, should make it really damn fast to level. Of my 80s, none of them have leveled in grizzly. My first 80 went through fjord, tundra, db, grizzly, sholazar and zul'drak, and finally hit 80 off of K3 quests. My second did a lot of instances, with minimal rest, and got it off of the Drakuru chain in Zul'Drak. My recent one didn't do zul'drak, but did basin and got 80 from an Everfrost turn-in, about 5 minutes after I opened Dun Niffelem. I haven't seen consistency, but I suspect part of it does require you to not go to Northrend at 68 and instead waiting until 70.

Ah well, good times. Just wish I had more use for my plate heirloom, don't really want to level a warrior.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

My personal favorite is using these 3 addons which work together -

Tourguide - A simple, well-made ingame leveling guide
    Lightheaded - Extra information about quests scraped from wowhead
    TomTom - Waypoint addon that both tourguide and lightheaded can make use of