Thread: Trial of the Crusader     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Coke of Vanilla
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Maelstrom

Quote Originally Posted by Rama View Post
    As a caster, Kobolds can kindly find a roadside ditch in which to rot and die.

They interrupt anything with a cast bar, inducing a school lockout. I have exactly 2 instants worth casting, one 8s cooldown, one effectively a 12s cooldown. The rest of the time? I suppose I could wand?
    Fucking this. Snobolds are so annoying. Ruins a good Eclipse with a school lock out.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

I thought the icehowl fight was hilarious

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

So my impression of the first encounter is that it's extremely simple compared to some of the Uld fights, but it's more healing intensive for sure. I'm sure it's disappointing for anyone looking for a challenge but I'm willing to wait to see how they tune the heroic versions. Normal mode will probably just be there to be stomped for your 10-15 emblems while you work on hard modes anyway.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The jorms are retarded. :/

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

2nd boss, lord jaraxxus downed. took 2 tries.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2653/...2871413a_b.jpg

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Bosses are a joke, we 1shotted them both tonight and barely anyone had even seen them before.

easy 245 loot that any 25man guild is capable of doing, this instance so far is taking a shit all over the work people did in ulduar for 239s. Maybe they should have waited a little longer to release it, idk, really really really really hoping heroic25 is WAY harder, but I still think the normal 25drops shouldnt be ilvl 245.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

These complaints sound pretty similar to when Ulduar came out. Then people tried the hardmodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    These complaints sound pretty similar to when Ulduar came out. Then people tried the hardmodes.

I shouldnt have to fight a boss, then fight him again but NOW he suddenly hits harder and shoots lazer beams out his ass for a challenge. Give me some easy bosses and give me some hard bosses. Too bad blizz is a cop-out and is using hardmodes instead of designing real bosses that look and feel original.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

That was how it was pre-WoTLK. Gotta cater to the casuals breh, or they'll fill up the forums with tears due to not being able to see all the content.

That's not even the problem with ToC though, I mean they literally put zero effort into this new "dungeon". Is there a single new boss model in the entire tournament? Never mind the fact that the majority of T9 are recolored versions of one another.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Too bad blizz is a cop-out and is using hardmodes instead of designing real bosses that look and feel original.
    They did that with Sunwell and every raid brought 5 shamans and 6 leatherworkers to a 25 man raid. You make the task of striking a balance on content accessability sound trivial. What is a 'real' boss anyway? pre-nerf Vael? pre-nerf Kael'thas? BT was on farm for multiple guilds within two lockouts. Are any of those bosses 'real?'

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    That was how it was pre-WoTLK. Gotta cater to the casuals breh, or they'll fill up the forums with tears due to not being able to see all the content.

That's not even the problem with ToC though, I mean they literally put zero effort into this new "dungeon". Is there a single new boss model in the entire tournament? Never mind the fact that the majority of T9 are recolored versions of one another.
    cool my earthfury shoulders suddently have spikes sticking out of it, thanks blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    They did that with Sunwell and every raid brought 5 shamans and 6 leatherworkers to a 25 man raid. You make the task of striking a balance on content accessability sound trivial. What is a 'real' boss anyway? pre-nerf Vael? pre-nerf Kael'thas? BT was on farm for multiple guilds within two lockouts. Are any of those bosses 'real?'
    Real bosses would be bosses that have brand new and interesting abilities that have not been used before and you arn't required to access a hardmode after 5 weeks to fight them.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

New shit is cool, but we 2 shot the first thing and 1 shot the second boss without really reading up on it. :/

Little Mother
    BG Level

Same here, two shotted northrend beasts and one shotted whoever the second guy is. I can't even remember his fucking name, THATS HOW MUCH I READ UP ON HIM.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Anyone mind giving me a quick and dirty strat for the 2 jormungars? My guild isnt up to par with most of your guys' and it falls to me to find a good strategy for taking them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Anyone mind giving me a quick and dirty strat for the 2 jormungars? My guild isnt up to par with most of your guys' and it falls to me to find a good strategy for taking them down.

Honestly, all we did was just DPS the guy down that paralyzes. If you get paralyzed, go get breathed on by the other one. Voila, collect loot.

All the ToC stuff seems brutally undertuned in non-heroic honestly. We went in and one-shotted Jaraxxus with no real knowledge of the fight aside from "heal the fuck out of the guy with the healing debuff".

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Ranged tank (warlock/hunter/whatever) on the one thats rooted into the ground, regular tank on the one that crawls. Hunter's MD onto ranged tank each time they swap. Melee on the one thats crawling, ranged on the one thats rooted. Whatever one is crawling is kited around the edge of the room like Grobbulus. Whoever gets hit by Burning Bile or whatever the fuck the flame debuff is runs around the other group dispelling the annoying as fuck slowdown poison as the poison eventually roots you. Repeat 2 or 3 times and they die. Dont worry if one gets lower than the other through ranged/melee imbalance as the worms themselves switch between rooted/crawling and hp will get evened out naturally. Make sure to have the tanks call if they get the poison debuff as it's easy for them to get missed by the person running about with the flame debuff dispelling the poison. Simples!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Awesome thanks you two. So the flame debuff is constant enough that the poison shouldn't be a problem then?

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Pretty sure the flame debuff is on roughly the same timer as the poison one. As long as the people who get the flame one do actually run about and not just stand there going iDPSDERPDERP then the poisons a non issue. If the tank thats kiting gets the poison debuff the safest way to do it is to have another tank taunt it off him and continue to kite until someone with the fire debuff can cleanse it.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

new boss is pretty crazy

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast