FFXIV Character
    Mne Jing
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

I think its fun, but I'm waiting to pass judgment on difficulty until later bosses come out. Faction champions might be a pain if thats the so-called MgT fight. I hadn't really been paying attention to ToC info during the 3.2 ptr, so maybe I'm missing something.

I agree though, the two bosses we have really are pushovers if people are actually paying attention. I'm also hoping heroic is more difficult, sounds like it could be fun. As it stands, though, currently normal modes are going to be easy to clear without deaths if the trend stays the way it is.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I can see how they could be really really hard on hard modes, but so far they are a joke and we as well as other guilds are 1shotting them without knowing the encounter. Hoping the champions is a lot more difficult, but blizzard really has a lot of room to play with in terms of how hard they can make the heroic version.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They made WoW easy(ier?) :/. You can get some pretty spiffy shit from doing ToC regular and spamming it. You can pretty much just skip naxx10 and do KT runs for betrayer unless you get walked through Uld10. Now everyone gets t8 easily Q_Q

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    They made WoW easy(ier?) :/. You can get some pretty spiffy shit from doing ToC regular and spamming it. You can pretty much just skip naxx10 and do KT runs for betrayer unless you get walked through Uld10. Now everyone gets t8 easily Q_Q
    I think people don't have the proper hindsight on why this is happening, because it was meant to help progression raiders as much as casuals. Back when attunements were still very necessary to so much as zone into The Eye, any amount of guild turnover could really fuck with guild progression because each potential new recruit would need as many as four lengthy attunements done, which severely narrowed the pool and made rerolling a near necessity on some servers. The removal of attunments and the addition of ilvl 141 gear from Badges with the Sunwell patch meant an entirely new system: fuck the attunements, and fuck running rerolls/alts through old content mulitple times to gear them for new progression phases. Next patch I bet they'll even remove the restriction of clearing all four wings of Naxx before Sapph/KT.

BEES OH GOD BEES
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Why care that it's easier to get old items anyways? it's not like the best players are still using all of that. It's still easy to tell who's in a good guild and who's not.

Little Mother
    BG Level

Champions is supposedly AoE-able down, which is going to be lulz if true.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They really screwed up the difficulty in this one. It's significantly easier in both strategy and gear requirement than much of ulduar and drops a tier higher of gear. Yes, Heroic will probably be just fine in difficulty, but the fact that the 25man regular drops better gear than Uld Hardmodes is really lame.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

lord jaraxxus fight is a bit of a pain, but i do think it's hilarious if you let a mistress of pain add run around she'll piledriver someone. I was like wtf o.o

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin View Post
    They really screwed up the difficulty in this one. It's significantly easier in both strategy and gear requirement than much of ulduar and drops a tier higher of gear. Yes, Heroic will probably be just fine in difficulty, but the fact that the 25man regular drops better gear than Uld Hardmodes is really lame.
    I'm really curious; not trying to be sarcastic: Are the folks who are saying it's too easy already equipped with Ulduar hardmode gear? Because I'm pretty sure folks decked in that shouldn't find reg 25m Trials very tightly tuned to their rDPS, what with half of the bosses out and everything.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

as a more casual 10 man group, mix of naxx/uld gear in our crew, the normal is tuned perfectly. It's hard for us, but still doable without being hair-pulling frustrating. I think what people here are seeing is they're decked out in the best of the best; some of these guys are in the top 25 servers in wow, of course the normal is easy for them. It wasn't meant for someone with that high of gear levels.

i hope blizzard reads all of these cries of how content is so easy so they fucking make shit hard again because i crave delicious tears of too hard complainers

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

I'm gonna disagree about these being tuned anywhere near "average." I'm in a 10man that's run Uld pretty much since it came out. Most of us have very limited amounts of 25man gear.

First week of ToC, phase 2 gave us the most issues but even with 3-4 people dying we basically coasted through phase 3.

Second week, 2-shotted Jaraxxus.

Compare this to the fact that we have yet to kill Yogg despite 50+ attempts because of some real stupidity during phase 2 (like hey, maybe you shouldn't stare into those skulls so you won't go insane) and the fact that our feral druid is retarded and the difficulty of the new raid isn't even close to some of the ulduar fights. Sure, the gear requirements might be slightly higher, but complexity wise they're a joke. There are flat out just fewer ways for people to mess up in these new boss fights than in Ulduar even compared to a lot of the normal mode fights.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet View Post
    I'm gonna disagree about these being tuned anywhere near "average." I'm in a 10man that's run Uld pretty much since it came out. Most of us have very limited amounts of 25man gear.

First week of ToC, phase 2 gave us the most issues but even with 3-4 people dying we basically coasted through phase 3.

Second week, 2-shotted Jaraxxus.

Compare this to the fact that we have yet to kill Yogg despite 50+ attempts
    I think it's pretty unfair to compare the first two boss encounters of ToC to Yogg-Saron. Just sayin'

You can play like shit on normal mode FL/Ignis/Razorscale/Deconstructor, too and still win.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    I'm really curious; not trying to be sarcastic: Are the folks who are saying it's too easy already equipped with Ulduar hardmode gear? Because I'm pretty sure folks decked in that shouldn't find reg 25m Trials very tightly tuned to their rDPS, what with half of the bosses out and everything.
    lol no. My 10 man group has no uld hardmode gear, probably half uld/half naxx. In the 25 man, dpses range from 5.4k (me) to 2.5k (lol). Most fall around 3.5k. That's Naxx level. The 25 didn't win, but that has nothing to do with gear and everything to do with some people who are literally too retarded to dodge icehowl's charge.

Ignis is harder than this shit.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Arvin View Post
    i hope blizzard reads all of these cries of how content is so easy so they fucking make shit hard again because i crave delicious tears of too hard complainers
    I just want some technical skill involved. Doesn't necessarily have to be hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    I just want some technical skill involved. Doesn't necessarily have to be hard.
    i would enjoy more fights that are somewhere along the lines of kael'thas and vashj technicality. i thought they were tuned pretty well and people definitely had to have a brain to do that stuff. DBM wouldn't help the retarded on those encounters

Ridill
    BG Level

I think part of the problem is that for Kael etc., they were balanced around 1 tier of gear, i133.

Now one single person might be rocking bis or top 2-3 on every spot and still have 20-30 ilevels of difference.

Old naxx I guess would be the best example of this, sapph for example was tuned to the point of being a few pieces short of the best previous gear on one healer out of 10 could mean near-impossibility.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

I'm honestly of a mind that the same people that are bitching about how easy toc is right now, will be back in 1 month from now going "wtf how is this possible" at the hard mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    I'm honestly of a mind that the same people that are bitching about how easy toc is right now, will be back in 1 month from now going "wtf how is this possible" at the hard mode.

Till they nerf the hardmodes a week later due to complaints. XD

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast