Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Trial of the Crusader     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

keep in mind my guild is a 10 man casual yada yada, but we had all DPS on the one rooted in place, lusted and beat the fuck out of it, then turn to the one roaming around being kited. caused no issues whatsoever, and made the fight quick. Might try that next time.

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

First of all, have your DPS concentrate on one. Also a lesser known trick is to just kill Acidmaw first, the Enrage is trivial and if you can kill him before the 2nd burrow it makes the rest of the phase a ton easier not having to deal with Acid pools and Paralytic toxin.

As for your melee, make sure they spread in a semicircle along the back of the WOrm being kited. At worst you shoudl get maybe 5 with Burning Bile; Rogue's can cloak it and anyone with it needs to move out and spread. If its really wrecking, you watch your boss timers. The Worm always puts its Bile out a good 10 seconds after they emerge, and then another 15 seconds after. Keep count in your head or watch the timer and tell your melee to stop attacking and spread out until it comes out.

Yeah we always did the concentrated DPS on acidmaw, but for whatever reason our dps were getting rocked by his sweep + toxins. Maybe we have too many melees, but yeah. I guess we'll try to just keep at it like that.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

If your worried about enrage, on the worms, if you kill one while the other one is submerging/submerged, is coming up process, the one still alive won't enrage.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Quote Originally Posted by Arvin View Post
    Yeah we always did the concentrated DPS on acidmaw, but for whatever reason our dps were getting rocked by his sweep + toxins. Maybe we have too many melees, but yeah. I guess we'll try to just keep at it like that.
    How many melee are you running in a normal 25 man? I'm usually loathe to bring more than 8 to any fight, 9 ish OK but pushing it. I like fitting all the tanks and melee into 2 groups for easy organization and healing.

Ridill
    BG Level

You might try having a lock or priest tank Dreadscale when he's stationary. On normal mode now I generally tank Dreadscale, and when he popped in the middle of a poison circle and was stationary, I found it worked pretty well to switch to healing weapon and take care of myself for a bit, standing back obviously.

Haven't done heroic and I'm no expert by any means, just a thought.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    You might try having a lock or priest tank Dreadscale when he's stationary. On normal mode now I generally tank Dreadscale, and when he popped in the middle of a poison circle and was stationary, I found it worked pretty well to switch to healing weapon and take care of myself for a bit, standing back obviously.

Haven't done heroic and I'm no expert by any means, just a thought.
    Unfortunately in Heroic mode the rooted Worms spit for a good 6-7k per second, with the spew doing upwards of 20k over 3 seconds or so. They'd pretty much rip a caster apart.

Ridill
    BG Level

Pretty sure a properly set up lock can reduce magic dmg more than any tank other than dk cooldowns, and have similar hp, no?

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    Pretty sure a properly set up lock can reduce magic dmg more than any tank other than dk cooldowns, and have similar hp, no?
    Similar HP? Maybe in pure PVP gear, probably still would be well under. His DPS was be pretty cruddy, in which case you're better off using a real tank anyways.

Tonight we had 9 not including the tanks. I try to balance it out a bit but we have issues with personnel. Some of our ranged can't DPS worth shit.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Palin View Post
    Similar HP? Maybe in pure PVP gear, probably still would be well under. His DPS was be pretty cruddy, in which case you're better off using a real tank anyways.
    I think you're missing the point of a warlock tank.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Not too sure a warlock tank would be able to hold aggro on acidmaw when its rooted and people are going balls to the wall dps on it since he would need a like 35,000ish HP to be effective in surviving the burst the thing throws out like a machine gun.

Searing pain effectiveness died with tbc, so not too sure what the lock would be doing to keep up with people doing 6K dps if they are wearing pvp gear...

we've not had any problem with a warrior tanking it, just the poisons at times.
    main problem we've faced is on icehowl charge, next attempt were all getting sprint pots

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Not too sure a warlock tank would be able to hold aggro on acidmaw when its rooted and people are going balls to the wall dps on it since he would need a like 35,000ish HP to be effective in surviving the burst the thing throws out like a machine gun.

Searing pain effectiveness died with tbc, so not too sure what the lock would be doing to keep up with people doing 6K dps if they are wearing pvp gear...

we've not had any problem with a warrior tanking it, just the poisons at times.
    main problem we've faced is on icehowl charge, next attempt were all getting sprint pots
    Tell people to be holding their strafe button so they're moving the second you unstun. You can't afford to even mouse turn and hit w, you have to strafe.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

people raiding at 5 fps or 300ms+ fail ;/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

I could really use some help.

My guild attempted the faction champions on 10 man normal, and just got assraped. No matter what we tried, they would wipe us in 2 minutes or less. Does anyone have any helpful tips on how to deal with this fight? I realize we have to approach it from a pvp fight standpoint, but is there any real advice anyone can give that would make our lives a bit easier?

This was the situation, in case we just got dealt a bad hand:

champions:
    resto druid
    resto shaman
    fury warrior
    affliction lock /w felhunter
    shadow priest

us:
    prot paladin
    warrior (started prot, changed to fury for this)
    DK (me)
    ret paladin
    disc priest
    resto shaman
    resto druid
    2 mages
    marks hunter

Any tips? we'd focus on burning down one of the healers (shaman was easiest to down first), but about then we'd get annihilated. we had mages open with sheeps on the dps, tried the hunter concussive shotting the warrior ( i had heard it wasn't subject to diminishing returns, thus good kiting), i tried my damndest to interrupt, everything we could think of, but nothing worked. the lock would chain fear us near endlessly, and the warrior would whirlwind everyone down in a fraction of a second. All while the druids' hots were going for 28k/tick or so. Help!

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Personally I think getting the druid down first would be best. Full Bloodlust burn on the druid and you want to deathgrip dark command the druid with people spamming dispels while you burn. Make sure your priest is spamming mass dispel. And I really do mean spam the fuck out of mass dispel lol. Have your prot warrior stay prot and lock down the shammy. Make sure the hunter has a freezing trap on the floor at all time and use the trap to kite the warrior as much as possible. It doesnt really hurt to use a pvp trinket in there either.

If you have a frost spec with improved death grip and chains of ice you will be able to keep the warrior busy for as long as you want on your own pretty much while keeping it out of the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    I realize we have to approach it from a pvp fight standpoint.
    If you focus too much on crowd control (which was our problem) you'll have trouble. You want to kill the two healers as fast as possible, from then on it generally gets a bit easier. With a hunter using frost traps for people to kite with you shouldn't have too much trouble unless your dps sucks. We tend to go for the other healer before handling the Druid. With a Mage/Lock he's really easy to lock down until the other healer is dead. Definitely bloodlust zerg the two healers anyways, they should drop like flies.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I've gone up to Twins now in 10toc. We could almost always 1,2 shot Beasts, and Lord J. Factions champions was almost always a bitch though.

Yesterday we had about 30-40minutes of wipes of Champions, then on the 'last pull', the star and planets were in perfect alignment or something, and it was a flawless execution of the champions.

I hate that fight, hate hate.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Why all the hate, it's probably my favourite fight in there lol.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Definitely my favorite fight in that instance. I pugged it last night and it took us two tries. Bloodlust right off the bat and burn one down > Rapid fire and burn the next > Keep going all while CC/Frost traps/etc. Way more fun than the MrT version.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast