Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Trial of the Crusader     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    I could really use some help.

My guild attempted the faction champions on 10 man normal, and just got assraped. No matter what we tried, they would wipe us in 2 minutes or less. Does anyone have any helpful tips on how to deal with this fight? I realize we have to approach it from a pvp fight standpoint, but is there any real advice anyone can give that would make our lives a bit easier?

This was the situation, in case we just got dealt a bad hand:

champions:
    resto druid
    resto shaman
    fury warrior
    affliction lock /w felhunter
    shadow priest
    You shorted us a champion.

I think is just a pretty tough composition, we had the same plus the ret pally as the 6th yesterday on my shaman. It brick-walled us. We had no priest for mass dispel, but I was spamming purge. But then I'd get feared with a long tremor totem tic, or hexed with a slow decurse, and he'd regain 40% of his health.
    Also our only pally would end up cleansing an unstable affliction, and then the shadow priest/warlock would build up quite a few dots while he was locked out, doing quite a bit of damage. Tough comp, and we didn't have great counters (only one offensive dispel, one defensive magic removal.)
    Ironically, I think I would have preferred rogue + DK to s.priest + warlock, as we could have cleansing-totem'd a large part of their damage.

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

I could really use some help.

My guild attempted the faction champions on 10 man normal, and just got assraped. No matter what we tried, they would wipe us in 2 minutes or less. Does anyone have any helpful tips on how to deal with this fight? I realize we have to approach it from a pvp fight standpoint, but is there any real advice anyone can give that would make our lives a bit easier?

This was the situation, in case we just got dealt a bad hand:

champions:
    resto druid
    resto shaman
    fury warrior
    shadow priest

us:
    prot paladin
    warrior (started prot, changed to fury for this)
    DK (me)
    ret paladin
    disc priest
    resto shaman
    resto druid
    2 mages
    marks hunter

Any tips? we'd focus on burning down one of the healers (shaman was easiest to down first), but about then we'd get annihilated. we had mages open with sheeps on the dps, tried the hunter concussive shotting the warrior ( i had heard it wasn't subject to diminishing returns, thus good kiting), i tried my damndest to interrupt, everything we could think of, but nothing worked. the lock would chain fear us near endlessly, and the warrior would whirlwind everyone down in a fraction of a second. All while the druids' hots were going for 28k/tick or so. Help!
    Focus the Tree down first, make sure your healers are assisting with Purge whenever they can. You (the DK) should be on the Warrior full time, keeping him Chain of Ice'd and Death Gripp/Taunting him whenever he's on a clothie. Have your Warrior stay on the Resto Shaman interrupting him until you guys kill the Tree, then have him switch to one of the caster DPS doing the same. Make your two mages and your Resto sham focus the Spriest and Warlocks and interrupt their spells everytime its on CD. Make sure your Hunter is keeping Aimed shot up on the kill targets.

Your Ret should be assist cleansing any CCs, and your Disc priest needs to Mass Dispel their Heroism. Blow all cooldowns on the first few and work them down, make sure your Mages are still sheeping everything not being focused once their DRs reset, and your Hunter is throwing Frost Traps every CD for people to kite through. Just focus on controlling their DPS, and don't be afraid to have people pull off the main target to do so.

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Faction Champions is an atrocious excuse for raid content. If I want to play arena games, I'LL GO PLAY ARENA GAMES, don't ram them down my throat.

Quote Originally Posted by Norellicus View Post
    Faction Champions is an atrocious excuse for raid content. If I want to play arena games, I'LL GO PLAY ARENA GAMES, don't ram them down my throat.

In 25s it's actually a pretty entertaining encounter. 10s doesn't scale as well though since you need certain PvP tools to do well, and with a bad raid comp you're pretty boned.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

You shorted us a champion.
    It was 3 am when i wrote it, and after wiping to champions + mimiron all night, it was a long stressful night, so i completely forget who the 6th was lol. ( i think the felhunter counted as the 6? that sound right?).

I really appreciate all the advice, ill try your guys' tactics this week when we go for them again.

It was 3 am when i wrote it, and after wiping to champions + mimiron all night, it was a long stressful night, so i completely forget who the 6th was lol. ( i think the felhunter counted as the 6? that sound right?).

I really appreciate all the advice, ill try your guys' tactics this week when we go for them again.
    Naw, it's 6 and a pet I think. Doesn't matter too much though, which dps you get generally only affects which you want to keep under control via tank. The Death Knight is a fucking cock though.

Old Merits
    BG Level

The group I go with doesn't really have a problem with the death knight. The past two weeks we have had the enhancement shaman, and we ended up just burning him first to make it easier. It's nice if one of the healers is the paladin, then we just leave them until last (screw wasting dps time only to have them bubble with no mass dispel) with somebody interrupting the big heals.

The Death Knight isn't hard, he's just annoying. :D Death Grip, Strangulate, etc.

Ridill
    BG Level

champions:
    resto druid
    resto shaman
    fury warrior
    shadow priest

us:
    prot paladin
    warrior (started prot, changed to fury for this)
    DK (me)
    ret paladin
    disc priest
    resto shaman
    resto druid
    2 mages
    marks hunter

Any tips? we'd focus on burning down one of the healers (shaman was easiest to down first), but about then we'd get annihilated. we had mages open with sheeps on the dps, tried the hunter concussive shotting the warrior ( i had heard it wasn't subject to diminishing returns, thus good kiting), i tried my damndest to interrupt, everything we could think of, but nothing worked. the lock would chain fear us near endlessly, and the warrior would whirlwind everyone down in a fraction of a second. All while the druids' hots were going for 28k/tick or so. Help!
    It does matter who the 6th is, they're so fucking pro with dispels, if you got spriest + ret pally on top of the 2 healers, all I can say is fucking ouch.

Not having a lock, you've only got 1 decent cc for the druid, cyclone, which isn't nearly enough to let him sit around.

If I were doing it from your standpoint, here's what I'd do:

Focus druid, spriest is going to have to spam dispels, so you're going to have to beat occasional lifebloom spams.

1 mage needs to take care of the shaman, the other needs to focus on spriest (it will dispel your cc's like such a pro if it's not in cc itself). The mage holding shaman needs to be letting people know in vent which DR he's on. Set up an order: something like hammer > priest fear > strangulate > spriest silence > hammer, to cover the time in between sheep DR's. Save your shield for when you see something free and absolutely have to silence it asap (including druid about to die but going to heal itself in time).

Meanwhile, your shaman needs to babysit his totems, and hex random shit that's fucking people up, most likely the lock.

Another potential strategy would be again to burn down the druid, but let the mages focus on dps, and put your warrior (as prot) on the shaman. You may want to have the prot pally helping him as well, depending on how good the war is. An amazing war can lock the shaman down almost indefinitely, an average to good one may need a bit of help, depending on how fast your dps is taking down the druid.

Also remember, while it's important to burn down the healers as fast as possible, after they're down you should start worrying about more CC, your healers may be strained on mana, dps cooldowns will be down, etc. I'd recommend going after the lock soon as the healers are down, he just absolutely devours mana with his corruption and hellfire. The spriest will be trying to mana burn, too.

As far as general survival, frost traps are pretty much the key to everything, also remember that taunts "work" for 7 seconds to start, and follow normal pvp DR pattern.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

MM pvp spec with entrapment+trap mastery works wonders on faction champ. concussive barrage and concussive shot is not being resisted at all combined with all the multiple frost and snake traps+ CC from entrapment it makes faction champion way easier.

Ridill
    BG Level

Another thing I think was mentioned here is succubus, aggressive + auto-seduce and nothing else, it'll sit there spamming seduce on anything that's not on dr. Make sure healers know it's there and have it on their raid frames.

Coke of Vanilla
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Maelstrom

So our 10 man group has issues on Heroic Beasts. Think we wiped nearly 10 times lol. We had issues with tanks hitting the floor really fast on Gormak and people running wrong direction on Icehowl. I even had to shapeshift out of Moonkin to help heal tanks on Gormak.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

faction champions really.. really.. sucks if its got like.. 3 healers in 25man...
    fighting for like... 20min and people doing over 4mil damage is just /wtf

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

faction champions really need to be toned down in non-heroic, honestly. I don't mean faceroll easy, but it's a little absurd as it is. I love a challenge but when a lock can chain-fear endlessly, or a resto druid can tick hots for 28k+, it's a little much.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Stormscale

faction champions really need to be toned down in non-heroic, honestly. I don't mean faceroll easy, but it's a little absurd as it is. I love a challenge but when a lock can chain-fear endlessly, or a resto druid can tick hots for 28k+, it's a little much.
    Your DPS should be pushing that without a problem, some guilds focus on DPS 1st, like mine and others do healers like my 10 man group.

Unless its a pally with BoP or a Priest with just a shitty set up for us, its not a problem. even in 10 man our DPS is just pushing through w/e heals they can toss you gotta make a point to use CD's on the healers and interrupt w/e they try to do. Warrior can Shattering on the BoP and just continue as if nothing

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

You just need to be smart with CC yourself to do faction champs. Assign a few people to harassing the major melee classes, prot warriors and death knights are good for that. Blow AoE fears and stuff on cooldown. Its probably the easiest encounter in the zone on heroic.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

We got to Anub in 10 heroic yesterday but didn't manage to get the kill. Twins gave us the most difficulty, wasted like 20 tries or something ridiculous on them. I like the more challenging version of TOC though, it's fun! Plus I got an awesome belt so I'm happy.

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

So, as things would have it, we narrowed Faction Champions down to the resto druid today (was warlock+felhunter hunter+cat holy pally resto druid enh shaman spriest healerpriest warrior rogue and...i forget the last)...apparently blizz didn't bother to encode any kind of offensive logic in the healers, cause it just sat there healing itself. We had our RL/ML disconnect shortly before this so we killed time and got unarmed/weapon skillups on it xD

Twins in 10 heroic isn't too bad, it really helps if people have great awareness. We have 3 healers who go the opposite essence as DPS. We tank the light one by a light essence so if we need a quick switch on a twins pact they can click it and swap over to the opposite one.

As for all the champion QQing, its a really easy fight you just need to maintain control on the melees and lockout the healers. Use CCs wisely, spread out and just be aware that they tunnel on people so you need to blow a CD on them or spam heal them.

Coke of Vanilla
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Maelstrom

Any tips for Anub'Arak Normal 25? We hit the enrage timer every time with like sub 1% hp with awesome wipes. Think its managing the adds thats causing us dps trouble.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast