Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Trial of the Crusader     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by brisk View Post
    Any tips for Anub'Arak Normal 25? We hit the enrage timer every time with like sub 1% hp with awesome wipes. Think its managing the adds thats causing us dps trouble.
    tank anub'arak next to the permafrost, and bring the adds close into him so its in cleave range and people can use their living bombs, cleave, etc and take them out that way. 2 tanks, 5-6 healers. when he's locust swarming we keep the adds off permafrost and just have them burrow. we burn down anub, and our offtank blows CDs on all the adds if they even reappear and we get another set.

Coke of Vanilla
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Maelstrom

Think we tried having all 4 adds by him but tanks died along with everyone else due to them being in range of each other getting buffed up.

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

We just ignored the adds entirely until p2, was working fairly well but one of the tanks wasn't paying attention to permafrost and kept losing one in a submerge...we just kept getting further and further behind.

Coke of Vanilla
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Maelstrom

10 man Heroic Faction Champs. What the fuck is this shit. Either we had a bad raid comp or we got unlucky with their raid comp. 4 priests, lock, 2 druids, shaman, DK, and paladin vs warrior, tree, shadow priest, lock, ret pally, and resto shaman. People we're dying way too early and I think we're overdoing it on CC. I'm putting the blame on 4 priests lol.

Ridill
    BG Level

10 man Heroic Faction Champs. What the fuck is this shit. Either we had a bad raid comp or we got unlucky with their raid comp. 4 priests, lock, 2 druids, shaman, DK, and paladin vs warrior, tree, shadow priest, lock, ret pally, and resto shaman. People we're dying way too early and I think we're overdoing it on CC. I'm putting the blame on 4 priests lol.
    Seems to me like against that setup you could just have dk charge in and hungering cold, war or priest fear when it's about to break, and have one of the druids ready to cyclone the shammy if he trinkets one of em. Have your pally stun the druid at about 70%, and you should be able to get the tree down that way before your healers even have to do anything.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    Seems to me like against that setup you could just have dk charge in and hungering cold, war or priest fear when it's about to break, and have one of the druids ready to cyclone the shammy if he trinkets one of em. Have your pally stun the druid at about 70%, and you should be able to get the tree down that way before your healers even have to do anything.
    I'm the shaman in that group (enhance) and we went on the shaman 1st all the time but when we downed him we always had someone dead.

So you say we should go for the druid 1st, then kill some dps?

Also about the charge in with DK or tank.... you mean they will all go on him for some time before the aggro reset?

Thanks.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Furion View Post
    I'm the shaman in that group (enhance) and we went on the shaman 1st all the time but when we downed him we always had someone dead.

So you say we should go for the druid 1st, then kill some dps?

Also about the charge in with DK or tank.... you mean they will all go on him for some time before the aggro reset?

Thanks.
    The idea is that the DK charges in and uses hungering cold, which freezes everything for 10 seconds. When they start to break, either the warrior or the priest fears, giving another 10 seconds.

Altogether it gives you a solid 15 seconds to zerg something down with nothing damaging you. This means your healing priest is free to spam dispel on the druid, keeping you, the enh shaman, and also the spriests, using gcd's exclusively for dps. Use a pally stun on the druid to make it even easier.

If you can't kill the druid in 15-20 seconds with nobody having to worry about incoming damage, I'm not sure how you got past Jaraxas heh ;p If you have a ret pally, tell him to repentance the shammy when fear about to break if you need more time, and maybe have the druid tossing cyclone on the ret pally in case he breaks out and starts cleansing shit.

Once you've got the druid dead with nobody in your raid dead, it's pretty much a cakewalk, kill whatever is annoying people the most.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Thank you for all the help Plow. We are now 4/5 on 10man Heroic

Ridill
    BG Level

Nice, np and grats! Glad to be of any assistance!

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

Fuck the faction champions.

No, really.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lexa View Post
    Fuck the faction champions.

No, really.
    I almost got kicked from a ToC pug for dying to that encounter...seriously not fun if your job is to keep the mage focused so she doesn't kill people while you DPS down the Skull-marked mob.

"Pop Evasion and Cloak!"
    'I did foo, as soon as Cloak wore the fireball landed and guess what that did the 8k required to kill me.'

Note to self, just stay on the mage and fuck what anybody else says, interrupt her casting over the healing.

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

That whole fight is an abortion, I wish Twin Valkyr wasn't after it cause that one is fun >_>

Old Lady Harem of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mne Jing
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Any tips for Anub'Arak Normal 25? We hit the enrage timer every time with like sub 1% hp with awesome wipes. Think its managing the adds thats causing us dps trouble.
    Bit of a necro but meh.

We've found that bringing 3 tanks is pretty simple. We have MT on boss, a tank on either side holding adds. We have 2 ranged dropping frosts on either side to keep that up.

DPS hard, can do 35-40% on the first phase easy. One he drops, we send our melee to one side (and to be honest, we really usually only have like 4-5) and ranged to the other. Kill adds, then group up the little ones.

Kill off little adds as fast as you can. If Anub pops while you do this, kill them anyway, they like healers.

You really want to try and push Anub hard at this point. The closer to 30% that you can get, the better. We typically don't get him to 30% until AFTER the second submerge. Basically repeat.

Once we get past the second submerge, we push to keep him from spawning more than one set of adds, and get him to 30%, immediately breaking off to kill the adds that are up. From there its just a race to the finish. It doesn't require amazing DPS, just very steady.

Of course, the final mechanic can screw overzealous healers, and its an adjustment that you need to make to be successful.

This strat dropped Anub for us tonight in 7 minutes. Disregard this if you've taken it down since then. That was a few weeks ago.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9