1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 41 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 3 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 6 hours, 41 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 102 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It simply won't launch lol.

Gargoyle

And even if it did, Fraps would quickly put it on its deathbed.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Someone is trying to play a brand-new, DirectX 10-11, graphically-intensive MMO with an integrated graphics card?
    Link to where it says its going to be Dx10-11. I was under the impression it was being developed in Dx9.

Pelvic Thruster
    BG Level

It is being developed with DX10/11 IN MIND is what he meant. Yes FFXIV is a DX9 game. If you're poor get a Radeon 4850 for ~$100. I guarantee it will play the game on medium just fine and we don't even know the specs yet. If you're poor and have a lol system that can't be upgraded like a Dell just play on PS3.

I don't look into laptops that often, but last I knew you couldn't replace the GPU on them anyway.

It'd be PS3 or a new computer for Spliffy.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Lol well thanks for the feedback guys really appreciate it. Any way to put in a video card on a laptop?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Spliffy View Post
    Lol well thanks for the feedback guys really appreciate it. Any way to put in a video card on a laptop?
    Yes and no. You can, but the video cards available for laptops are usually vastly inferior to what's available for a desktop, and most people will tell you to run an external monitor with one.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

So use a desktop monitor and run it with a laptop? kinda like use the laptop as the tower.. and just use the desktop screen for the screen..

See I have a PS3 but its from japan and idk if it can run ffxiv I havent touched that thing in years. I know it can't run PS2 games (I tried KH1 and 2) but it can run Need for speed: Carbon and Virtue Fighter 5. And I know you have to press O to accept/select instead of X and X is to exit/decline.

Sorry about all the noobness but I'm really not a comp or playstation guy, more of an xbox 360 lol.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Totally building a new machine for this.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

just got a new pc the other day.

1TB hard drive
    amd phenom 2 x4 quad core
    8 GB memory
    1 GB xfx radeon hd 5750 graphics card

new pc should run ff14 np i hope lol.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by sruon View Post
    something along quad core - gtx 260 / radeon 4870 - 2-4 gb ram should be able to handle the game well, it's SE, not crytek.
    IDK, last I checked, my PC ran Crysis better than it ran Whitegate.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Fenux View Post
    IDK, last I checked, my PC ran Crysis better than it ran Whitegate.
    That would be hardware related. Many of us easily run maxed out settings 29 FPS fine in whitegate/aery.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pikarya View Post
    That would be hardware related. Many of us easily run maxed out settings 29 FPS fine in whitegate/aery.
    Really? Pretty sure SLI 9800 GTX @760 and a Q6600 @3.0GHz shouldn't have a problem with an 02 game if it was developed for the PC. I get my 29 FPS from time to time in both Aery and WG but for the most part, I think it's the interwebs kicking in. 32MB connection and all.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Fenux View Post
    Really? Pretty sure SLI 9800 GTX @760 and a Q6600 @3.0GHz shouldn't have a problem with an 02 game if it was developed for the PC.
    Overpowered specs aren't going to help if there are driver issues with your video card and XI's spaghetti code. While your new shiny card might work great for Crysis or MW2. It doesn't mean its going to scream through XI just cause its an "02" game.

If you were around for the Nvidia flop (8series), and XI 1-2 years ago, you'll know what I mean. Lag issues in populated areas, bard song slowdowns/etc.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

That's really one of the things I don't like about my Nvidia. I run Borderlands like nothing but slow down to 18FPS in Dyna with everything turned off. Probably going to be switching to a different brand once my current computer shits the bed.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

very noob post, but I have no clue what are good graphics cards from the average one.

so I am planning to buy the alienware m15x that has 512MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ GT240M graphics card, 8 GB ram and Intel® Core™ i5 Processor 540M(2.53GHz,3MB cache). How does this specification fares with other laptops in 2010? ;o

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kawfee Demitasse
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Sargeras

Quote Originally Posted by donnie View Post
    very noob post, but I have no clue what are good graphics cards from the average one.

so I am planning to buy the alienware m15x that has 512MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ GT240M graphics card, 8 GB ram and Intel® Core™ i5 Processor 540M(2.53GHz,3MB cache). How does this specification fares with other laptops in 2010? ;o
    Probably some of the best specs you can get for a gaming laptop. I'd look for an alternative brand to alienware though, they are way overpriced just for slapping the alienware sticker on it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by donnie View Post

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-...M.17654.0.html

I was linked to this site when I was looking at notebooks recently.

You can try that link for an overview of that 240m card. There is also a list of approximate performance for specific games and cards if you browse around as well as a tier list. I'm not sure how accurate it is, since notebook specs differ so much (as well as shipped GPU clocks) and most of the cards don't have benchmarks. It's probably a good approximation anyways.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

PS3 and its associated games are region-free. PS2 games however are still region-locked.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterxi View Post
    Link to where it says its going to be Dx10-11. I was under the impression it was being developed in Dx9.
    Love the avatar, and yeah, its launching with Dx9, but will have Dx10 soon after. I assume it'll finish with Dx11.