1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 41 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 18 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 4 hours, 41 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 hours, 18 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 102 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

• 1 GHz processor (32- or 64-bit)
    • 1 GB of RAM (32-bit); 2 GB of RAM (64-bit)
    • 16 GB of available disk space (32-bit); 20 GB of available disk space (64-bit)
    • DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver

official system reqs for windows 7, which the game is going to require, it or vista So you can extrapolate that it will most likely be 2 ghz cpu and 2gb ram with at least a 128 meg video card for proper preformance, possibly 256 or 512. So we dont entirely know, but we can have a good idea from the official specs. Its annoying that XP isnt going to be supported and that does feel like a mistake on thier part, but 7 is really really nice.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Is 7 really that good? If 14 delivers I'll upgrade to 7 just to play it but moving away from XP is kind of hard right now

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    • 1 GHz processor (32- or 64-bit)
    • 1 GB of RAM (32-bit); 2 GB of RAM (64-bit)
    • 16 GB of available disk space (32-bit); 20 GB of available disk space (64-bit)
    • DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver

official system reqs for windows 7, which the game is going to require, it or vista So you can extrapolate that it will most likely be 2 ghz cpu and 2gb ram with at least a 128 meg video card for proper preformance, possibly 256 or 512. So we dont entirely know, but we can have a good idea from the official specs. Its annoying that XP isnt going to be supported and that does feel like a mistake on thier part, but 7 is really really nice.
    i hope 7 doesnt have that many compatibility issues like vista did when it came out

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by richardd View Post
    i hope 7 doesnt have that many compatibility issues like vista did when it came out
    7 is like fucking gold man, works better than vista ever did or ever will. 7 pro even has XP mode. MS just wants to leave vista and its thoughts behind entirely, pretending it didnt exist in my opinion

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I'd bet that they recommend vista/7, but minimum is XP. 2010/2011 will still be weaning years from XP to 7 for many people, not many are going to want to jump to 7 for no reason - unless they're buying a new PC.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yea, like all my friends that use 7 RC say they didn't have driver problems like with Vista. Even some of their old stuff like tablets etc. worked pretty fine. Overall, the opinions seem really nice, and it's coming from people testing it for some time now in general, not some fans posting shit based on previews. That's why I want to get it as soon as it's released. (Price seems to be crappy, but oh well)

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Gonna have to agree. Been using Win7 on my laptop since March and it has been really solid in comparison to how Vista was back before its release... or even how it is now. Definitely a day 1 upgrade for me.

Vista is gonna get branded as Win ME when people look back on it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I have about a 3 year old computer but put in a new video card like a year ago when my old one broke. I hope I won't have to upgrade anything on this to get FFXIV to run. My processor seems a bit dated now but it will run stuff like The Last Remnant flawlessly.

Core 2 Duo 2.4ghz
    4 GB RAM
    Geforce 9800 GTX 512 MB RAM
    Vista, but already preordered Windows 7

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

I put vista on my netbook and it runs better than XP did, Im pumped tbh

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I bought my laptop the same time (well, a little after) Vista came out, and I have no problems with it. Hell, it's way more stable and reliable than the Win98 machine it replaced.

I really don't get the problems most people have with Vista.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Did SE actually announce no XP support for 14 or is that speculation?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by 100percentile View Post
    IIRC I read something a long time ago about Crystal Tools being developed from the ground up to be a multiplatform engine so this won't just be a ps3 port like XI was a ps2 port.
    Crystal Tools engine Wikipedia entry

Old Merits
    BG Level

this game will require a PS3 or a PC

Vuitton

Quote Originally Posted by Kilhart View Post
    this game will require a PS3 or a PC
    If you're using a PC and want to upgrade to play FFXIV with graphics maxed, ect. I would just aim to build a PC that can play Crysis on maxed settings with good FPS. No way FFXIV will be more graphically intense than that.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I would say the minimum requirements will be very accessible to the majority. Something like
    1.5GHz CPU
    128MB GPU
    512MB-1GB RAM
    Win XP.

For playing with everything maxed though, i think that you need a really good GPU. I also dont think the game will use DX11 since its been in development for years. Now i am assuming that SE learned from their mistake and programmed the game well for PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton View Post
    If you're using a PC and want to upgrade to play FFXIV with graphics maxed, ect. I would just aim to build a PC that can play Crysis on maxed settings with good FPS. No way FFXIV will be more graphically intense than that.
    It could in say areas with many chars on screen like say HDAery or something like that.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
    I would say the minimum requirements will be very accessible to the majority. Something like
    1.5GHz CPU
    128MB GPU
    512MB-1GB RAM
    Win XP.
    When have GPUs ever been measured in bytes?

A GPU is a graphical processing unit. It runs on a clock speed and will be measured in hertz.

And fucking lol at this anyway. You have no idea what you're talking about. This is going to require at least 2.0 ghz dual core, a geforce 8 series or higher, 2 gigs of ram. XP will probably be compatible, but not supported.

Averrinicus

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post

A GPU is a graphical processing unit. It runs on a clock speed and will be measured in hertz.

And fucking lol at this anyway. You have no idea what you're talking about. This is going to require at least 2.0 ghz dual core, a geforce 8 series or higher, 2 gigs of ram. XP will probably be compatible, but not supported.
    I was gunna say Windows 7

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
    1.5GHz CPU
    128MB GPU
    512MB-1GB RAM
    Win XP.

For playing with everything maxed though, i think that you need a really good GPU. I also dont think the game will use DX11 since its been in development for years. Now i am assuming that SE learned from their mistake and programmed the game well for PCs.

It could in say areas with many chars on screen like say HDAery or something like that.
    Don't mean to be a jerk but those specs sound like the performance specs for FFXI. Impossible for it to be that low. >.>;

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by richardd View Post
    Don't forget that XP had a lot of compatibility issues too when it came out. I recall months before that stupid nv_disp4 BSOD went away. 7 is like a revamped vista which has already been established for a couple of years so driver/compatibility issues should be relatively small compared to 98->XP or XP->Vista changeovers.

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post

And fucking lol at this anyway. You have no idea what you're talking about.
    woah jesus christ, he wasn't quoting the requirements for the entire spectrum of a GPU but simply the VRAM which they write on the box. Do they write the hertz requirements on the box? No, so stfu.

And no, you can run FF11 on a Pentium 3 with a 32mb graphics card. It's not pretty, but it runs. Any Core 2 Duo and 256mb VRAM will be a minimum requirement for FFIV, it's pretty much standard.