1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 3 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 3 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

A Duo Core 2 & a 512mb-1gig Graphics Card would be a must. It won't break the bank. Max the RAM close as possible. Cheaper more Memory is better then Expensive least Memory at least 4gigs+.

I agree Kurokikaze. Those specs are extremely low. If you don't have an e6600 processor or higher and a 512, preffered 1gig Graphics Card, and 4gig of memory then start trying to meet at least those requirements.

Kurokikaze if you could splurge the extra $100 for a 4890 instead of the 4850 then you'd be extremely happy. The e6600 is still one of most versitile core 2 duo processors. If you had the cash laying around or were deciding to upgrade to a e6600 get a quad core Q9550 instead. Only $20 bucks more and worth it. It can double computing power. But since most games don't use multi core processing it's about the same in non multi core games. It will extend the life of your gaming by many years. And your PC will fly.

Think of how much time you spent on FFXI. If plan to play as much or more on FFXIV then start saving the pennies. IT will be worth it. And make your adventure more appealing to your senses.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Hmm money has been tight lately but I'll try to see what I can get. Thanks for the advice.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by displace View Post
    A Duo Core 2 & a 512mb-1gig Graphics Card would be a must. It won't break the bank. Max the RAM close as possible. Cheaper more Memory is better then Expensive least Memory at least 4gigs+.

I agree Kurokikaze. Those specs are extremely low. If you don't have an e6600 processor or higher and a 512, preffered 1gig Graphics Card, and 4gig of memory then start trying to meet at least those requirements.

Kurokikaze if you could splurge the extra $100 for a 4890 instead of the 4850 then you'd be extremely happy. The e6600 is still one of most versitile core 2 duo processors. If you had the cash laying around or were deciding to upgrade to a e6600 get a quad core Q9550 instead. Only $20 bucks more and worth it. It can double computing power. But since most games don't use multi core processing it's about the same in non multi core games. It will extend the life of your gaming by many years. And your PC will fly.

Think of how much time you spent on FFXI. If plan to play as much or more on FFXIV then start saving the pennies. IT will be worth it. And make your adventure more appealing to your senses.
    You think a Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz processor, 4GB of DDR2 RAM, the 1GB HD4850, and such would work? I know we don't know what this game will need, but I'm basing my specs on what you listed.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dana Key
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by displace View Post

This probably makes the most sense. As I was a past e6600 owner and just upgraded to a q9550. I have 2 4850s in crossfire so hopefully SE supports SLI/Crossfire setups. I think I should be good to go with 4 gigs of ram, q9550 oc'd to 3.8 ghz, and 2x 4850's with 10% OC each.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Yeah. I definitely think you'll be okay, Haha. I'm just curious about me. D:

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Given your specs, if you cant run the game well on low-medium settings... Most people will play this on PS3. You should be fine.

Wonder why they haven't released the specs yet.. Certainly taking their time with that.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Yeah. Well i mean.. I can run Fallout 3 and such on max settings outside of AA/AF, where I have them at a decent setting. I can't remember exactly what I have em on, but I run it at 1680x1050 and it runs fairly smoothly.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dana Key
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Yeah. I definitely think you'll be okay, Haha. I'm just curious about me. D:
    Well, I'm assuming that if there are 5 levels of Detail (Very Low, Low, Medium, High, Very High), I think I'll be High and you'll be Medium. I can run Crysis at 1680x1050 with 2x AA pretty smoothly so I'm not sure about you when it comes to Crysis since Crysis is a beast of a game. As for 3DMark06 score, I get around 20.5k. So depending on how well SE optimizes this game for PC, We both may be able to run it on very high.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

You score 20.5k? Crikey. I score like 12.3k due to my CPU getting destroyed. It's the Triple Core AM3 X3 720, but it's at 2.8GHz and not overclocked like I could get it. Basically, I'm worried about cooling and such, so I haven't bothered with trying to OC it yet until I get the Aftermarket Cooler for the CPU, and another fan or two for the case. The card scored 4.9k and 5.7k respectively.. but yeah. It's only a single HD4850 that's not OC'd at all either.

So yeah, I'll probably be running Medium or something unless I go without the need of a lot of AA, then maybe I could squeeze 1680x1050 out of it. I hope so. I'd hate to have to run at low, poopy settings.

I haven't run Crisis, but I have a friend with a similar system who said he runs it at "High" with 2AA and such as well with about 30-40 FPS on average.

Averrinicus

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Hmm money has been tight lately but I'll try to see what I can get. Thanks for the advice.
    Don't forget but XIV isn't expected until Next year for you have atleast 4 good months to start saving up.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Yeah yeah haha. By then the 4890 will probably drop 100 bucks.

Averrinicus

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Yeah yeah haha. By then the 4890 will probably drop 100 bucks.
    I'm busy buying a new TV, Upgrading my PC, and Buying a PS3 lol thank fully I have a signing bonus on hand, but I can't use as much as I would like.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
    I would say the minimum requirements will be very accessible to the majority. Something like
    1.5GHz CPU
    128MB GPU
    512MB-1GB RAM
    Win XP
    This is actually a very good "minimum requirements" speculation... I'd up the cpu to 2.0ghz and 256mb gpu but that's about it. They aren't making a benchmark game like Crysis, afterall.

FFXI's minimum req's were around the same, able to run on 4-5 year old computers.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dana Key
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    You score 20.5k? Crikey. I score like 12.3k due to my CPU getting destroyed. It's the Triple Core AM3 X3 720, but it's at 2.8GHz and not overclocked like I could get it. Basically, I'm worried about cooling and such, so I haven't bothered with trying to OC it yet until I get the Aftermarket Cooler for the CPU, and another fan or two for the case. The card scored 4.9k and 5.7k respectively.. but yeah. It's only a single HD4850 that's not OC'd at all either.

So yeah, I'll probably be running Medium or something unless I go without the need of a lot of AA, then maybe I could squeeze 1680x1050 out of it. I hope so. I'd hate to have to run at low, poopy settings.

I haven't run Crisis, but I have a friend with a similar system who said he runs it at "High" with 2AA and such as well with about 30-40 FPS on average.
    Yeah I had to OC my system so it'd be good enough to play PS2 games on PCSX2. Yeah I'd say the main problem is your processor. I'd wait to upgrade it though until system specs are released unless the recommended specs are low. Otherwise, if you decide to stick with AMD, you may have to upgrade your mobo as well. Your single 1 GB 4850 should be fine I think. Same with 4 Gigs.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Personally I will be waiting until late this year or early next to get a new pc. By then everthing out now will be cheap and more optimized.

Averrinicus

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidu View Post
    This is actually a very good "minimum requirements" speculation... I'd up the cpu to 2.0ghz and 256mb gpu but that's about it. They aren't making a benchmark game like Crysis, afterall.

FFXI's minimum req's were around the same, able to run on 4-5 year old computers.
    Think it will be Worse than WoW on ultra spec? lol

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Yeah. I'm actually on XP, so I'm getting around 3.3Gigs of my RAM instead of the full 4GB, so maybe that may be a little difference too.

But yeah, by time the specs get released and what not, I may have a cooler for my processor and fans for my case by then to OC it to about 3.2GHz or so safely without worrying. This is a black edition I have, so I've heard OCing it can get insane.

About those specs, they actually are pretty good. I'd say:

2.0GHz (or maybe Dual Core? I dunno. I think that's part of Aion's)
    at least 1GB of RAM
    at least 128MB-256MB Video Card (not sure of the nVidia/ATI type)
    Windows XP (This is a hopeful one. Knowing them, they may go Vista/7 only)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dana Key
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Well, you're limited to 3.25 GB because of running a 32 bit windows operating system. If you want the full use of the 4 GB, you need to upgrade to 64 bit. I'm sure FFXIV will have 64 bit support since I think, correct me if i'm wrong, that the cell processor in the ps3 is a 128 bit processor.

But yeah, I was big on windows xp and could not stand vista at all. But once I upgraded to Windows 7 beta, I was extremely pleased. Windows 7 and Windows Vista is like Windows XP and Windows Me, respectively, in terms of comparison.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Im wondering if I should buy a desktop PC for this. Currently Im using a mac laptop (the 13.3 Aluminum Macbook) but I have a Vista partition and it runs smooth enough to run Fallout 3, COD4 & WOW, Red Alert 3, Bioshock, and a few others.

Although the graphical requirements havent been released, could my laptop potentially be able to run it?
    2.0 ghz processor
    2gb ram (2x1gb)
    Gforce 9400M graphics card

I should hope this is enough....

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Epedemic_Optikz View Post
    Well, you're limited to 3.25 GB because of running a 32 bit windows operating system. If you want the full use of the 4 GB, you need to upgrade to 64 bit. I'm sure FFXIV will have 64 bit support since I think, correct me if i'm wrong, that the cell processor in the ps3 is a 128 bit processor.

But yeah, I was big on windows xp and could not stand vista at all. But once I upgraded to Windows 7 beta, I was extremely pleased. Windows 7 and Windows Vista is like Windows XP and Windows Me, respectively, in terms of comparison.
    Yep. That's exactly how I see it, so that's why I was going to wait a while until Windows 7 came out and then upgrade straight to that.

Also yeah, I know that's why I get that much usage out of my RAM. I actually knew that going in, but I figured "Why buy any less than 4GB when I plan on going to 7 soon anyway?" So yeah, I'm looking forward to taht.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast