1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 50 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 50 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Avanarius View Post
    woah jesus christ, he wasn't quoting the requirements for the entire spectrum of a GPU but simply the VRAM which they write on the box. Do they write the hertz requirements on the box? No, so stfu.
    They don't write "GPU" on the side of the box either moron.

They say xxx mb graphics/video card.

He said specifically GPU and measured it in megabytes which is semantically incorrect. That is what I was pointing out.

I'm trying to make a new decent and cheap PC build since mine is already 4~5 years old.

- Motherboard: ASUS P5QL Pro
    - Processor: INTEL Core2 Duo E8400 (3.0 DualCore LGA775)BOX
    - RAM: 2x2 Go DDR2-800 PC6400 Corsair Value (kit)
    - GC: ATI HD 4890 1 Go Vapor-x (PCI-E)

Do you think this setup would be good enough? Should I aim for higher specs?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by luciferu View Post
    I'm trying to make a new decent and cheap PC build since mine is already 4~5 years old.

- Motherboard: ASUS P5QL Pro
    - Processor: INTEL Core2 Duo E8400 (3.0 DualCore LGA775)BOX
    - RAM: 2x2 Go DDR2-800 PC6400 Corsair Value (kit)
    - GC: ATI HD 4890 1 Go Vapor-x (PCI-E)

Do you think this setup would be good enough? Should I aim for higher specs?
    I'd say that'd do pretty well on medium settings. Speculatively.

Rikus

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaru View Post
    Its being built for PS3, so its very possible they could do the same retarded shit they did with FFXI
    except for the fact that the ps3 is a beast of a machine & is light year more powerfull then the ps2.

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    If I want to upgrade it (like 2-3 years later) to run it higher, should I just change the graphic card?

(My only real PC game is FFXI so I don't know much about newest PC games like Crysis or Aion.)

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    I'd imagine much better than medium. In a year's time, I think that system will still be well over the average.

Sure, they say that the game is aimed at top end machines, but that's probably just smoke and mirrors. They need to cater to the average system at the time or people won't buy their game.

Check out Steam's hardware survey. It's a good benchmark of where most gamer machine's are today. There are a lot of poor video cards in the top ten. The 7-10th most popular cards are Nvidia 7600, 8500, 9500, and 7300. Those cards are low-end and still widely used.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Yeah. I'd think those would at least handle High depending on the resolution used. D:

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp View Post
    I'd imagine much better than medium. In a year's time, I think that system will still be well over the average.

Sure, they say that the game is aimed at top end machines, but that's probably just smoke and mirrors. They need to cater to the average system at the time or people won't buy their game.

Check out Steam's hardware survey. It's a good benchmark of where most gamer machine's are today. There are a lot of poor video cards in the top ten. The 7-10th most popular cards are Nvidia 7600, 8500, 9500, and 7300. Those cards are low-end and still widely used.
    I'm running a machine more powerful than that and it struggles to stay at 60 fps in Aion PVP. I'm fairly certain FFXIV will require more than Aion.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Well heck, I'm not talking about staying at 60FPS solid. A little less, as long as it still runs well is good enough for me. My system drops in FPS a little if I'm next to a ton of people clumped together or a ton of stuff on the ground. Granted that's not Aion, but another game I'm playing, but still. I guess we just really have to wait and see.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

There's no use guessing at this point, they might lessen/improve the graphics depending on the results of beta.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

This is my comp spec's, I know nothing has been released but I anticipate having np running the game on max lol

Power Supply: ( 850 Watt -- Coolermaster Real Power Pro 850w Power Supply Quad SLI Ready )
    Processor: ( [New !!] Intel® Core™ i7 965 Processor Extreme Edition (4x 3.2GHz/8MB L3 Cache) )
    Processor Cooling: ( Coolermaster V10 Hybrid TEC CPU Cooling Fan System Full cover of DRAM & CPU cooling )
    Motherboard: ( Asus P6T Intel X58 Chipset CrossFire and SLI Supported w/7.1 Sound, Triple-Channel DDR3, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, 3-Way SLI PCI-E MB 3-Way SLI )
    Memory: ( 6 GB [2 GB X3] DDR3-1333 Triple Memory Module Corsair XMS3 Dominator w/DHX technology )
    Video Card: ( NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 2GB w/DVI + TV Out Video )
    Video Card Brand: ( === High Performance === eVGA Brand Video Card Powered by NVIDIA )

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Show off!!

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Faptastic.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    This is my comp spec's, I know nothing has been released but I anticipate having np running the game on max lol

Power Supply: ( 850 Watt -- Coolermaster Real Power Pro 850w Power Supply Quad SLI Ready )
    Processor: ( [New !!] Intel® Core™ i7 965 Processor Extreme Edition (4x 3.2GHz/8MB L3 Cache) )
    Processor Cooling: ( Coolermaster V10 Hybrid TEC CPU Cooling Fan System Full cover of DRAM & CPU cooling )
    Motherboard: ( Asus P6T Intel X58 Chipset CrossFire and SLI Supported w/7.1 Sound, Triple-Channel DDR3, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, 3-Way SLI PCI-E MB 3-Way SLI )
    Memory: ( 6 GB [2 GB X3] DDR3-1333 Triple Memory Module Corsair XMS3 Dominator w/DHX technology )
    Video Card: ( NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 2GB w/DVI + TV Out Video )
    Video Card Brand: ( === High Performance === eVGA Brand Video Card Powered by NVIDIA )

You've got 6GB of memory but only one graphics card? Fail.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Nitpicking much? Not many games take advantage of SLI/Crossfire so in most cases 1 high end card is more than enough. Its a great PC build, let's leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Nitpicking much? Not many games take advantage of SLI/Crossfire so in most cases 1 high end card is more than enough. Its a great PC build, let's leave it at that.
    He appears to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xopher
    They don't write "GPU" on the side of the box either moron.

They say xxx mb graphics/video card.

He said specifically GPU and measured it in megabytes which is semantically incorrect. That is what I was pointing out.
    wtf are you talking about? Graphic card memory is measured in megabytes (MB to be precise, but that's details). Also GPU is synonymous with the word Video Card. We're talking about minimum system requirements (hertz isn't a requirement on the box), not a word for word print off of the sticker going on the box.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

gpu isnt synonymous with video card because there are such things as dual gpu cards

anyways his psu has so much more wattage than he actually needs it isnt even funny, the i7 965 is a waste of money for a nominal performance increase over the 920 that can easily be regained through minimal overclocking, the v10 is could only be more ricer if it had blue leds on it (also its a waste of money etc), the p6t series is extremely overpriced for what it provides, corsair dominator ram is downright stupid (i think they have a 6gb set of 10-10-10-30 ddr3 2000), and the gtx285 is outdated

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

so he basically built an alienware pc

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Windows 7 - DirectX 10/11

Intel I7 - Nvidia 200 Series+

PS3 (1BD Disc 25 GB) - PC (3-4 DVD)

In the future, BD will be added for PC.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by zanx3210 View Post

In the future BD will be added for PC.
    Um... you can use it w/o problems already? Aside from it being on th expensive side of course.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast