1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 59 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 12 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 21 hours, 59 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 102 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

am i? lol

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    You honest expect anything else from a thread like this when "no" info about the game has been revealed aside 4 screen shots and a meshed CG/real time trailer? lol
    Thank god we have moderators to protect this forum from degeneration like this.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    Thank god we have moderators to protect this forum degeneration like this.
    lololol Look who is talking.
    Just saying it's hard to really make this a FFXIV"hardware" thread when no info is released and for all we know is the scaling may be huge to allow top end comps take advantage of what the game can offer, while, at the same time, allowing 2-3 year old comps to still play the game adequately.

Quote Originally Posted by Xello View Post
    "A GTX295 is two overclocked 9800GTX" ?

Just shoot me now.

Again not interested in arguing here, just putting the message out there to anyone who is reading that to disregard all of this info as pretty much nothing is correct.

Or don't, it's up to you :D Anyone seeking clarification for their own benefit is welcome to PM contact.
    The experts disagree with you (not me but tomshardware lol) so you can keep your PMs, i did post a chart they made

Charts, benchmarks Gaming Graphics Cards Charts 2009 (High Quality), Fallout 3

Nvidia is playing a filthy game were they update their drivers focused at GTX200 series then they say look huge 50% boost in that game ! those cards are insane go buy them. but overtime when all gpu drivers get updated we go like wtf.... where is the insane boost it's gone, pure marketing BS.

GT300 will make all these cards obsolete on raw power boost plus if FFXIV used Directx11 none of the old cards can display the extra shaders/effects from Directx11 and they properly will if they are series about using latest tech available as they claim, Directx11 is already in the hand of developers and FFXIV is a year and a half away "FFXIII = summer 2010/FFXIV fall 2010 i bet"

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    lololol Look who is talking.
    Just saying it's hard to really make this a FFXIV"hardware" thread when no info is released and for all we know is the scaling may be huge to allow top end comps take advantage of what the game can offer, while, at the same time, allowing 2-3 year old comps to still play the game adequately.
    It is not just this thread and hardware concerns. For example go look at the Beastmen Speculation thread, which is now about Zilart missions and AV and uh... whatever. Pretty sure almost every thread is like that or is on its way to becoming like that.

It is not just this thread and hardware concerns. For example go look at the Beastmen Speculation thread, which is now about Zilart missions and AV and uh... whatever. Pretty sure almost every thread is like that or is on its way to becoming like that.
    What does it matter? this forum is still much better than Alakazam and others. People will resume talking about XIV as soon as we get more info, which should be very soon anyways. Do you have thread OCD or something? You keep going into every thread and saying the same shit lol

Banned.

BG Level

A good pre-release MMO forum!

But honestly, speculation is fine when put into the corner it belongs. I wasn't speaking about speculation(wild or tamed) specifically, just an entire forum degrading into chaos and babble. I would disagree with you on here being better on Allakhazam. Allakhazam only looks worse because it got a headstart. This board was somewhat sensible save for 2-3 threads, now the opposite is true.

EDIT: Oh hey, you edited your post. Guess it was too kind sounding. I don't go into every thread, just the most ridiculous ones.

Just look away until release or something if you think it'll be much better then.

Banned.

BG Level

Ah, but then I can't enjoy myself with these absurdities. Why don't you look away from my posts until then? Interesting how that plays out.

EDIT: Oh hey, you edited your post. Guess it was too kind sounding. I don't go into every thread, just the most ridiculous ones.
    Yes as I was finishing that post I noticed your other posts which made me lol. Now let's keep derailing the thread about how much you think threads suck because they are constantly being derailed.

Ah, but then I can't enjoy myself with these absurdities. Why don't you look away from my posts until then? Interesting how that plays out.
    You have so many of them it's kind of hard to ignore them.

Banned.

BG Level

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/78483...er-browse.html

Anyway,
    I will continue to reply to posts that are directed at me. Despite this, the thread is quite difficult to derail. It never really was on a track.

Yet it was still some sort of useful just a couple of posts up. Not anymore though, yeah.

Banned.

BG Level

Hmmm useful in a manner that doesn't pertain to FFXIV perhaps. Well, as quannum said:

Quote Originally Posted by quannum
    so this thread is really about epeen pc specs? and has nothing to do with any sort of real info on ffxiv?

Tamale Baby
    Groundskeeper of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

if ur all knowing then do u have any spec info that we don't currently have? on FFXIV or do u just want to keep derailing.
    i would really like to see some FFXIV system req info.
    even tho it turned into a Hardware discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Seph View Post
    The experts disagree with you (not me but tomshardware lol) so you can keep your PMs, i did post a chart they made
    If you want to call TH experts (lol) then you are free to do so. I will indeed keep to my PMs, having answered three already, because i'm not interested in feeding you, unlike certain other members of a 42-page thread elsewhere on the forum.

For a free bit of advice i would recommend anyone buying hardware to check out reviews from more than one site before drawing their own conclusions, and making sure to read the whole review and not just pull up a single graph. For example:

GeForce GTX 295 review - BFG
    Nvidia GTX 295 Review - Overclockers Club
    BFG GTX 295 Review: Dual-GPU showdown - Page 1 - Double speed ahead
    PC Perspective - BFG GeForce GTX 295 1796MB and Quad SLI Review
    Gainward’s GeForce GTX 295 Reviewed Introduction :: TweakTown
    HEXUS.net - Review :: Inno3D (NVIDIA) GeForce GTX 295 Platinum single-PCB graphics card : Page - 1/11
    bit-tech.net | Review - Gainward Single PCB GTX 295 Review
    EVGA GeForce GTX 295 SLI Video Card Review - NVIDIA Brings Forth The GeForce GTX 295 To Battle AMD - Legit Reviews
    Overclock3D.Net :: Review :: XFX GTX295 PCIe Graphics Card :: Introduction
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 295 | Graphics cards | Reviews | Custom PC
    Gigabyte GV-N295-18I-B rev2.0 GeForce GTX 295 Review
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 295 Graphics Card Review - 3D Graphics, Audio & HDTV by ExtremeTech
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 295 - VR-Zone.com: News and Reviews

Would be a decent selection of reviews.

@ DX11 in FFXIV, that render path cannot be used with a ps3 game - it's not even fully dx10 certified.

Sorry to others for going OT, i just cannot abide false information being pasted here left right and center. I'm starting to get the feeling though that certain members here are commonly known to provide such info and are generally avoided

If you want to call TH experts (lol) then you are free to do so. I will indeed keep to my PMs, having answered three already, because i'm not interested in feeding you, unlike certain other members of a 42-page thread elsewhere on the forum.

For a free bit of advice i would recommend anyone buying hardware to check out reviews from more than one site before drawing their own conclusions, and making sure to read the whole review and not just pull up a single graph. For example:

HEXUS.net - Review :: Inno3D (NVIDIA) GeForce GTX 295 Platinum single-PCB graphics card : Page - 1/11
    EVGA GeForce GTX 295 SLI Video Card Review - NVIDIA Brings Forth The GeForce GTX 295 To Battle AMD - Legit Reviews
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 295 Graphics Card Review - 3D Graphics, Audio & HDTV by ExtremeTech

@ DX11 in FFXIV, that render path cannot be used with a ps3 game - it's not even fully dx10 certified.

Sorry to others for going OT, i just cannot abide false information being pasted here left right and center. I'm starting to get the feeling though that certain members here are commonly known to provide such info and are generally avoided
    Awesome list and hey, it's cool man. It's still related to XIV. A bunch of us are going to upgrade/get new comps for it

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I know I'm going to upgrade when XIV comes out. Though it has me wondering about "PS3 limitations" though . The irony >_>;

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuushin View Post
    I know I'm going to upgrade when XIV comes out. Though it has me wondering about "PS3 limitations" though . The irony >_>;
    It's a valid concern, but I think it's a little different this time as has been said already the ps2 was the weakest console last generation, where as this generation it's quite the opposite and the ps3 is the best possible choice to have the console version of FFXIV on (though i still think it will inevitably come to 360)

Some incredible things can be done on the ps3 when you consider its relatively weak hardware in some areas, for obvious reasons - studios will spend a lot more time and money on 'optimizing' a game for a console because they know it will be worth it in returns as there is only one version of that console available. For the PC it's different, you cannot optimize a game for a certain hardware configuration due to the fact that there are so many.

This is why consoles manage on the most part to keep going for years without falling too far behind in the visual department, combined with the fact that as the console life cycle matures studios will learn and code more efficiently, allowing time for more polish and improvements in areas across the board leading to (in theory, and sometimes in practice) better games.

For these reasons and judging from what we've seen so far i reckon FFXIV is going to look absolutely fantastic on ps3, and will look a whole lot better on a modern PC

P.S come on Fairy!

Vuitton

Thanks for the links.

You keep going on about false information in a general manner, but fail to ever specify anything in particular. Furthermore, you never provide accurate information in regards to your blanket statement of "everything in this thread is bad information". You could at least provide correct information. Why you only do so only via PM I find odd. Wouldn't it be in everyone's best interest for someone to provide correct information, rather than just saying "oh yeah this info is all wrong, I know the correct information, but I won't provide it for the benefit of everyone reading".

So, please PM me with all of your information that you won't put in this thread. Because I would like to know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 102 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast