1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 35 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 35 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 102 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

FFXIV Hardware Requirements

First, no I dont know the requirements for ff14 ^^.
    Just wanted to start discussion, what the minimum hardware req could be.
    If Square Enix will give us information about it (maybe at GC) I will update my post.

My thoughts:

Since FF11 was very old code/emulated for pc, even latest computers have little issues at dynamis/staying at faffy.

But FF14 wont have these problems I guess, since its wont be emulated like ff11 from ps2.

I guess, you need at least
    Dual Core
    2000MB RAM
    GFX Card with Directx 10 (maybe the game will have directx 11)

Just my thought ^^ The Beta (in September) will show more. Hopefully SE will make a benchmark like they did for FF11.

What do you think about hardware requirements?

Its being built for PS3, so its very possible they could do the same retarded shit they did with FFXI

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I wouldn't mind having to upgrade my system for this game, but I can't see them making the same mistake (shitty port from PS) that they did with FFXI. In fact, I'm going to be optimistic here. I expect them to learn from all their mistakes with FFXI. I'm sure at least they won't make quite so many mistakes this time around.

I know what you mean, but lets take an example like Crysis.
    Its only available for PC. Why? Because PS3/XBOX360 wouldnt handle this game with stable FPS on High Settings. (Crysis 2 will have a new engine, which is also focused for consoles).

If they would emulate FF14, our computers wont handle it ^^.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

This is probably the worst speculation you could start at the moment.

We've seen 4 seconds of in-game footage.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Yeah no shit. But if you absolutely NEED to speculate... Go by SE's porting track record. Anyone play Last Remnants on PC? Was it laggy/choppy on high end PCs?

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

I hope they will support dual/quad video card setups O_o

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Windows 7 64 bit ultimate

Phenom II/I7 core
    Ati 2gig video card
    24mb or ram
    200gig of (solid state drive)

Ok just kidding

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

I know you're kidding but the OP is not. Just saw the main post and lawled at the 2GB video ram spec... They're trying to have people play this game you know. This would be something a little more credible:

Windows Vista - this is a given.
    2GHz Dual Core.
    2GB RAM
    256-512 MB GFX card.
    10GB HD space.

And even this seems a little high given the PC specs for PS3/360 ports like DMC4, Bioshock, etc.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'd say lotsa more than 10GB HDD actually. Wasn't FFXI more than 8GB at the start?
    Also I somehow see a bigger CPU requirement, but I just hope they won't make this so CPU dependent like FFXI :/

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Nah yo. It was like 4-5GB in Beta. Its about 8-11GB now after all the expansions, not sure since I don't have the game installed. Maybe someone can correct me on that.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yakoo View Post

Just my thought ^^ The Beta (in September) will show more. Hopefully SE will make a benchmark like they did for FF11.
    How come nobody has called him on this? Did I miss some notice on XIV being out in beta in Sept, which is just a couple weeks after they show XIV in Gamescom?

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Wishful thinking. Hes probably going by the fact that SE is hiring a lot of GMs in Europe in September. Probably for - you guessed it. While it would be amazing, I highly doubt Beta will be out in September. I'd say keep your eyes peeled during October-December though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well that were the first rumors that appeared, but no many people believe that anymore I think :D

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Well they originally said, they are making the game to where, 5 years down the road most pc's can play this on max settings on a "average" PC

Considering how INSANELY large of a change a PC goes through in 5 years, I'm expecting the PC requirements to be pretty high just for minimum settings for today.

2004 video cards "high end" were like 256MB, and cpu's were like pentium 4 single core 2.66-3 ghz which cost hundreds, like $300-400 back then probably.

actually they may have been starting dual core back then don't remember...

256 Mb video card 2004 (maybe even 512) hardcore gaming -> 4GB hardcore gaming
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150349
    (actually I think you can even cross fire 4 of those... think you need a special board though...)

Anyone play Last Remnants on PC? Was it laggy/choppy on high end PCs?
    Plays pretty decently actually on my year-old PC. Very smooth.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've got a 2 year old PC and Last Remnant plays fine too.

I'm gonna buy a new comp for XIV. Even though this one is new, it's one of those all-in-ones pcs that have laptop specs so playing it on this is out of the question. I'll buy something strong enough to run it max settings @ 1680x1050 and up resolutions.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Hmm interesting. I'm gonna see if I can get the game and mess around with settings to see. Mind posting your specs by the way so I can compare?

E6600 @ 3GHz
    ATI Radeon X1650XT
    3.25GB DDR2 800 (fuck you Vista 32)

If that w/ a graphics card upgrade is not enough to run FFXIV at low to mid settings I guess I'm shit outta luck. Gonna purchase a 4850 sometime soon. Waiting for DX11 cards seems like a waste since it most likely won't be used in XIV. Least not on release.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by gugru55 View Post
    How come nobody has called him on this? Did I miss some notice on XIV being out in beta in Sept, which is just a couple weeks after they show XIV in Gamescom?
    There was some picture floating around about beta taking applications this month and beta starting in September, but it was all in Japanese and most believe it was shopped. Probably won't get more details until the game expo this month or at least TGS next month.