BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Pull strategy in Dynamis - Xarcabard

With reference to the DynamisLounge xarcabard map (I'd post a link but I'm under 10 posts - it's the same map found @ ffxiclopedia.org), is there a way to pull 102 & 103 without linking 104 & 105 as well? Once the kindred spawn they seem to make a big line all the way up the hill. Optimally, we'd like to be able to split the pull to bring in 6 kindred and 2 eyes at a time. Is there a particular direction to pull from to avoid getting all 12 kindred? Also, is there are particular eye to claim that avoids the links?

Also, are there any other tricks (besides sac-pulling) to pulls that anyone can suggest? For example, when pulling 053-056, if you pull in the order 056 - 053 - 054 - 055 you can avoid linking all the kindred in the big square, and only have to kill 1 eye + 4/5 kindred per pull. I'd like to get a list of efficient pulls like these so that we can get more kills out of our farming runs.

Thanks for any suggestions.

(Sorry if this is extensively covered elsewhere - I used the search function and didn't find an exact answer)

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kaht View Post
    With reference to the DynamisLounge xarcabard map (I'd post a link but I'm under 10 posts - it's the same map found @ ffxiclopedia.org), is there a way to pull 102 & 103 without linking 104 & 105 as well? Once the kindred spawn they seem to make a big line all the way up the hill. Optimally, we'd like to be able to split the pull to bring in 6 kindred and 2 eyes at a time. Is there a particular direction to pull from to avoid getting all 12 kindred? Also, is there are particular eye to claim that avoids the links?

Also, are there any other tricks (besides sac-pulling) to pulls that anyone can suggest? For example, when pulling 053-056, if you pull in the order 056 - 053 - 054 - 055 you can avoid linking all the kindred in the big square, and only have to kill 1 eye + 4/5 kindred per pull. I'd like to get a list of efficient pulls like these so that we can get more kills out of our farming runs.

Thanks for any suggestions.

(Sorry if this is extensively covered elsewhere - I used the search function and didn't find an exact answer)
    I cant help you too much with the 102 pull because I have only pulled it a couple times clean and am not too sure exactly how i did it. Other times it was low man and we just sac pull whatever we want to.

As far as the 53-56 square, there is a way to pull 55 without linking anything else in the square. It may take a couple tried to get it right, and if you mess it up.. well you get everything, but it can be done. Basically stand in the location between 55 and 34 (Right in the middle like you were connecting the dots) and pull the eye. As soon as you claim the eye, run directly towards 34 and make sure no one touches any mobs or is resting at all. If all goes well, you should only bring back the eye and 1 or 2 demons. You can then pick off 1 or 2 more demons 1 at a time.

Not 100% sure on what to pull next from that square, but i would think 54 would be your next best option doing the same strat but lining up with where 55 use to be.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Hogie View Post
    As far as the 53-56 square, there is a way to pull 55 without linking anything else in the square. It may take a couple tried to get it right, and if you mess it up.. well you get everything, but it can be done. Basically stand in the location between 55 and 34 (Right in the middle like you were connecting the dots) and pull the eye. As soon as you claim the eye, run directly towards 34 and make sure no one touches any mobs or is resting at all. If all goes well, you should only bring back the eye and 1 or 2 demons. You can then pick off 1 or 2 more demons 1 at a time.
    Sorry, my post might have been a bit misleading - we don't have any problems with the 53-56 pull. We stand west of #56 and pull that eye. It pops a line of kindred down the hill to the east toward #55. All the kindred aggro except for the very last one in the line - the SMN at the bottom next to #55. After you clear the 4 kindred and the eye, it is safe to pull 53 and the line of kindred it spawns to the north. Next is #54 and its kindred, and then finally #55 with its 4 kindred and the SMN from the original #56 pull.

Knowing this "trick" saves you from a big mess of links w/o the need for a sac-pull. I was just curious if anyone else had similar "tricks" for the 102-105 pull, or any other pulls in the zone.

If there aren't any other good "trick" pulls, does anyone have any other suggestions for farming routes that limits each pull to no more than 6 kindred and 2 eyes at a time?

After taking a good look at the map, it seems that doing a sac-pull on 106-109 to clear the way up the ramp opens up a lot of easy pulls that only have 2 eyes and 4 or 5 kindred per pull.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I've managed to split that pull (102-105) only once, and it was an accident then. All my conscious attempts to split it have failed; the pops always delay just long enough for the other eyes to notice and spawn their own friends.

We just assume its going to be a sac by default, and if I can ever find a method of reliably splitting it, then hey, one less death in the run.

For 53-56, I believe we always start with 55. The SMN that spawns closest to 54 doesn't link with the rest of the bunch if you're pulling from the north of 55. Then we get 54, then 56, and finally 53 I believe. I don't actually use the lounge map for xarc runs, so I'm just sort of going from memory; I pull those eyes automatically without thinking about it. The one time I started trying to remember which eye was next, I pulled the wrong one and bought 3 eyes and friends...

A favorite end-of-the-run farming pull for me is 93-96 near the animated shield. Its a large group of demons, but its really easy to sac and split them since some of them stop constantly to spam hecatomb wave; if I have mijin up I just pop it on the first demon to reach camp and it typically cuts the pull in half.

Its also possible to split the pull near the animated dagger. Its BLMs and RNGs. We've only pulled it a couple times, and managed to split it the first time without being sure how we did it. With lower attendance all summer, and increased competition for xarc runs, we've not had a chance to really try it consistently and figure out if it can be split consistently.

STR-1 DEX-1
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Never split 102-105 without a sac. Just hit one of the north and south eyes at the same time, it splits it nicely.

You can time nuke 106-109 eyes and pull the kindred that pop clean, no need to sac it. There are some easy pulls when you get up there.

89 comes with 90 and 91 with 92 plus a few kindred with each, just be sure to stay away from the tower.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Secksi View Post
    Never split 102-105 without a sac. Just hit one of the north and south eyes at the same time, it splits it nicely.

You can time nuke 106-109 eyes and pull the kindred that pop clean, no need to sac it. There are some easy pulls when you get up there.

89 comes with 90 and 91 with 92 plus a few kindred with each, just be sure to stay away from the tower.
    Can the 106-109 eyes be time nuked-individually, or are you talking about with a timed -aga spell? My linkshell hasn't actually gone up that ramp to farm yet, so I'm pretty unfamiliar with the layout of the eyes and the positioning of the kindred they spawn.

If you're talking about timed nuke with an -aga spell then I don't know if we'll be able to do that. We typically have 3 or 4 BLM per run, and that won't be enough to -aga 4 eyes at once.

the way my shell has done 102/103/104/105 is to gather claimers (3-4 people with provoke/flash for easy mode) on the east side (outside of agro range), have someone run through from the west side (heading eastbound) and sac the whole line. book it back in behind the teleport and die around 058 or so (which is long dead). have the claimers grab the middle mobs (two eyes and some demons) and take them to camp, which is at the wall to the west of there. we also have already killed 099/100/101 by this point too, so no chance of linking that in.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

the # of mobs are above what you requested but it works pretty well.. you cam do 44 ~ 47. if you camp at demon NMs. use a movement speed sac, pref. nin to aggro n train the pull.(we usually pull other mobs and when night time hits we stop n let the nin do this pull to take advantage of the night effect) All the mobs are rngs n blms, they will stop to cast/shot,( no diff. than kiting NIN, RNG NM).. stop every so often to to let them shoot/cast, then start running again to range it and keep them from cutting you off with a pincer move, just loop around from NRS to OSG in 1 big circle and peel them off eyes > blms > rngs without too much trouble.

just cant have anyone resting inbound on the initial pass by to avoid rest aggro.

there's afew others but you havent mentioned what your regular farming path/#s are

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I know when my linkshell does it the blms time nuke at least 102 and 104, then either move to the other side and time nuke those statues too. we also TIV time nuke 106-109 but 1 messed up nuke will aggro the whole row of statues leading to dead blms.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by liggy 0 View Post
    there's afew others but you havent mentioned what your regular farming path/#s are
    We don't really have a regular farming path yet. We've only done 2 farming runs in Xarcabard, so we're kind in the stage of trying to figure out what would be the most efficient path for us to take. We typically handle the pulls with 6 kindred and 2 or 3 eyes without much difficulty, so that's the types of pulls I was trying to look for. The times where we've aggro'd 12 kindred at once (144-149 & 102-105) has resulted in wipes due to sleepga's getting resisted. I'm not sure what our upper limit would be with respect to how much we can handle, but 6 kindred and 3 eyes seems to be efficient for us.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

well..
    ~then you could do 1-4 blms time nuke and snipe the 4eyes, after they are all dead sleepga then proceed

~25 ~20 doesn't link

~55, 56, 53, 54 doesn't link

~57, 58, 59 doesn't link

~do TE 43, and use the open area from 53~59 to range kite all the eyes(try n get some 100s for non af comments)

~demon NMs
    (if you choose to kill the eyes as well. we just have sac kite them around 53~59 spawn. its a pretty big area to avoid AM lol)

~if its night time 44~47

~if not snipe 89 & 91 then pull them (1eye 6mobs per pull)

~camp where 20 was and do 16~14(can do this early if you dont feel like back tracking, depends on your remaining time)

~TE 50wall(if you havent learned how to do that 1 yet

~snipe 97 then pull 98 with sleepga

~99 100 101

~102 aggro pull is usually luck base for us, i haven't played with that pull enough to figure him out linking always seems to be luck if he will move a bit down the terrain to not link while its casting

if you skip a few pulls you can make enough it to DL with just enough time to win, this is the path we take w/ 25~30 people

if you arent doing DL yet, you can go back to entrance and snipe 26 27 28 from the west side? n pull them

also pull TE 10s mobs if your rng didnt aggro everything, its pretty easy if he didnt. if he did.. we just sac to zone n peel from behind he spine

max mobs are 2eyes 6demons or 1eye 8demons.. im pretty sure lol

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Thanks a lot for the post, that was exactly the type of info I was looking for. I'll try to post back an update after our next Xarcabard run.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

This is how we do it:
    6 BLM/RDM as blm party

PLD/NINx2 WHM RDM BRD WAR/NIN(or NIN/WAR) as tank party

WHM RDM BRD +3 Melee/NIN for melee party, sometimes we get lucky and get more than 18, but not so frequently.

1st Ext(4 eyes surrounding stat, alliance is @ 2 eye tower ext waiting, blm's + thf puller @ 1st ext):
    Thf Ranged attacks an eye, and flees to entrance, BLM's kill stat, wait for call that pull was clean, then move to main alliance.

2nd Ext.: Thf pops flee pulls eye, flees to entrance, PLD #1 flashes right eye, PLD #2 flashes second eye, BLm's assist #1 Melee #2, eyes fall, nuke stat. move north down the hill.

Pull eye on top of hill along with its adds, Pull eye near first NM tower(This eye is crucial if for some reason the 3 eyes don't all die- IT WILL LINK- while otw to raping BLM's and wipe the alliance so its worth taking the time to farm it, dropped a PLD body for us the other night ).

Move behind NM tower, pull 3 eyes 1 at a time starting from top first to prevent linking, kill ext. Stat.

For NM towers rather than sack pulling we do something that saves a lot of time.

The 6 BLM's time nuke thundaga/Blizzaga 3, and kill all 3 eyes simulatenously, sometimes a poorly merited blm will resist or not do enough damage, and 1-2 eyes may remain alive @ like 1-5%, PLD's + War and 1 mage for each to help hold NM's flash/voke the NMs and hold them some distance form each Other. Alliance assists tanks in a specific order:

WAR > RDM > BRD
    MNK > BST(a blm sleeps pet, then blm's manaburn pet once bst dies) > WHM
    BLM > DRK > NIN(easily kited only uses ranged attacks, seems to spam Hecatomb Wave)
    SMN> THF > PLD
    SAM > DRG > RNG

We normally have War or NIN hold the weakest or most easily kited NM and have PLD's hold the harder NMs.

Anyways, kill them fairly quickly, minimal risk of wipe unless a tank or mage screws up.

Kill the NM ext, move alliance to bottom of hill for demon wall.

thf Flee aggs eyes going from bottom of hill up, pld's + nin or war, flash/voke 3 eyes, bring them to alliance and ally kills. With 6 people holding(war's or nin's are best for this) can get all 6 eyes at once. Eitherway works the former requires 2 sacs if you only pull to get 3 eyes. Pulling the eyes first only is key for our group, since most of the demons just refuse to stay slept and having more than 4 demons at a time with only 1 melee party takes forever to kill.

next pulls thf goes from top of hill and flee > ranged attack etc.

We don't pull wall all at once, we break the middle.

Theres 2 DRG's and 2 BLM's position such that if you kill them the wall is broken. So thf ranged attacks again, and we pull those 4.

Wall broken, we can now pull the other 2 groups of 4, and kill ext. w/o sacing again.

We only clear half the dragons otw to DL, generally north path, then do YY normal way, bring yang to 10%, kill ying, kill yang. Then d2 for job changes.

This is how we do it. It results in 5 sac pulls only. Unless something goes wrong, in any case, pulling from the bottom does not work once demons are popped, so oyu must pull from top if they are, or you'll die before you make it up the hill even with flee most likely.

Asumming you don't wipe, and you cut time between flee timer using powder boots, and thief having RR, you can do this + DL and have like 30+mins to spare with a good group of 18. With 2 melee parties, could go alot faster

STR-1 DEX-1
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by kaht View Post
    Can the 106-109 eyes be time nuked-individually, or are you talking about with a timed -aga spell? My linkshell hasn't actually gone up that ramp to farm yet, so I'm pretty unfamiliar with the layout of the eyes and the positioning of the kindred they spawn.

If you're talking about timed nuke with an -aga spell then I don't know if we'll be able to do that. We typically have 3 or 4 BLM per run, and that won't be enough to -aga 4 eyes at once.
    Idividually. Kill the eye and mobs pop in front of where it was, but just outside of linking range of the next eye up the hill.

Screw up a nuke and you get them all though, as was mentioned by another poster.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

As they said 89-90, 91-92 and 93-96 is nice for farm. You can -aga3 94-96 and 93 won't link.

Also, I suppose you know you can -aga3 144-146 and 147-149 as well as time nuke each statue one by one starting from 144.

Same way you can -aga3 97-98 and 99-101.

Quote Originally Posted by Lekotas View Post
    2nd Ext.: Thf pops flee pulls eye, flees to entrance, PLD #1 flashes right eye, PLD #2 flashes second eye, BLm's assist #1 Melee #2, eyes fall, nuke stat. move north down the hill.
    Easier: Time nuke each of the two initial eyes, other eyes as well as TE will pop without link. Only watch out to cast at max distance to avoid getting aggro when eyes pop.
    Then nuke TE from the back of the tower.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Secksi View Post
    Idividually. Kill the eye and mobs pop in front of where it was, but just outside of linking range of the next eye up the hill.

Screw up a nuke and you get them all though, as was mentioned by another poster.
    Thanks, that's very good information to know. Heading up that hill looks like it opens up all sorts of easy pulls.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Regarding 102-104; we split them up once with a sac pull, have people voke off a few eyes and the RDM/BRD/DRKs that pop up in the middle, so you only do the sac pull once. I like Secksi's trick though, going to try that one ^^.
    I have managed to straight pull it without epic links once, I think pigs flew that day.

53-56: Need to pull them in the correct order (N-> S), they won't link that way. The order is important though because of the way they pop (in a big square).

While I'm here, I'm looking for an alternative route to farm the fragments (G Horn & Aegis).

I don't see Aegis being an issue to get to but I see two options for the Horn and they both look like a pain (either 61-65 cluster or 68-72). Could anyone be so kind to provide me more information for a good route?
    We have about 26 people for Xarcabard, BLM pt, tank pt + DD pts.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by TelosIllumini View Post
    I see two options for the Horn and they both look like a pain (either 61-65 cluster or 68-72). Could anyone be so kind to provide me more information for a good route?
    You can hug the south wall around the 61-65 cluster and avoid them all. You can also pull the horn to the space west of the 74-77 cluster and not bother killing that group. So, you don't have to kill anything extra for the horn at all.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Lekotas View Post
    This is how we do it:
    6 BLM/RDM as blm party

1st Ext(4 eyes surrounding stat, alliance is @ 2 eye tower ext waiting, blm's + thf puller @ 1st ext):
    Thf Ranged attacks an eye, and flees to entrance, BLM's kill stat, wait for call that pull was clean, then move to main alliance.

Curious - do you have access to a RNG for 1st ext? RNG can one shot it. Usually takes them the first shot at it to mess it up but once they figure out positioning its over in about 30s

After reading here, we send 5 BLMs to do the second time. Time nuke AM2 on first eye, repeat on second, then timed nuke Tier IV on stat and return to alliance. Much quicker and more reliable.

Think we do eye wall the same as you - good to know about the dragons though, I assumed you had to kill all before reading this.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I had my own questions, but it referred more to Tavnazia than Xarcabard. I would have made my own thread but two Dynamis threads on the first page probably would have seemed sloppy or whatnot so I'll just ask here.

Anyway, is there a trick to pulling the eyes located along the way to the TE on the third floor so that they won't link? I ask because everytime we go to Tavnazia it seems random. Sometimes our puller is able to pull clean, and othertimes he isn't, and he pulls the same way both times.

On the maps (by Lounge), I'm referring to 062, 063, 064, and 067, or it's mirror opposite side.