+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    I'd tap that turian!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Command & Conquer 4 - Bricks everywhere.

Post release edit:
    I got used to the playstyle in beta, I really did. It wasn't great, it wasn't C&C, but I got used to it. It's okay on its own.

Get ready for Ubisoft's implementation of DRM thanks to how EA rolled up this upgrade/exp system. Yes, that's right, if you lose your internet connection mid-game, you lose that mission's progress completely. I've played the tutorial three times now. I get why but this is fucking shitty as hell. I haven't tried playing online yet only because I care more about the story, and it'll probably be a while before I try anyway. (I tend to play with 2 on 1 hard NPCs versus me to get some tactics down first.) Regardless, this persistent connection bullshit is just that, bullshit.

I can bitch and moan a lot so far and I haven't even had this installed an hour, so let me just cut to the chase since I bit the bullet:
    Code:
    Worst "DRM" system ever due to the exp system.
    Fucking awful RA3 camera.
    This isn't the C&C you knew.
    That said, I will give them a little credit like I did in the pre-merge beta... the system will [help] work for multiplayer and give non-vets at least a fighting chance at first. It's a good way to help balance the field a little, but if your team is full of fucktards who deploy wrong and spam support against AA, you're still going to get raped with a sandpaper condom with superglue as lube.

I'll post my story reactions later, just wanted to update the primary post. I'll leave the lolfanboyism original post spoilered below so you can drink my delicious tears. In a way I am.

(minor edit: Fuck you for a cheap UI EA. 2D textures of a 3D object that looks flat? Your engine was fucking beautiful in C&C3, at least run the goddamn thing in the menu like you did in C&C Generals.)

Pre-release fanboyism
    Spoiler: show

Granted it's sitting about a year away, I saw this teaser put up on the official site. (Spoiler in the video if you want to be surprised.)

Needless to say, I shat bricks. From the story perspective I'm anticipating this like Mass Effect 2. I fucking love the Tiberium storyline and C&C3 just turned me into a complete and utter fanboy. So even with the extreme changes they're making for the game, I'm still looking forward to it. They've already said that the ascension Kane's been referring to all these years will be properly revealed.

Trying to put fanboyism aside, the changes are extreme, but they seem to be ones to rejuvenate the RTS series in general. I'm scared on one hand after seeing how RA3 was done. Unless the later patches changed the game drastically, RA3 was utter shit. The blog entries I've read said that they're proud to present C&C4 to fans of C&C3, not C&C fans in general, which is an important distinction. (And leads me to believe they aren't happy with RA3? idk.) Either way, given how high quality C&C3 is/was, I'm daring to stay hopeful for a fun game as well. C&C3+Kane's wrath was fun as hell, both story and gameplay wise.

Jesus fuck 2010 can't come fast enough for all the games I want. D:

Edit: Joseph D. Kucan is such a badass too. Anything with more of him in it is win; I'm sorry.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Fuck I need to install c&c3 and play past like mission 4 ><. I don't even remember the subtle parts of the story from c1/2 and never got into generals. Teaser video is 110% on the anticipation scale.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I didn't even finish C&C3, so I demand they halt all progress on releasing it till I finish, which could be a while cause I'm doing other shit in my life.

I'd tap that turian!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

If you can't find three to four hours (literally) to beat it on easy between now and mid 2010, you've got issues. D:

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Looks pretty cool...but yeah, Starcraft! This reminds me...I should get back to C&C 3 sometime. Still haven't finished it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

The fact that this is the last story in the Tib wars saga is kinda depressing, but that means that we'll see a great piece of RTS story written too. I also loved the teaser movie, saw it the day it came out.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ya I like the not PA approach to the storyline. You get a real sense of "were fucked" from it and neither side is "right or wrong" This is one of the few games I set aside my qualms with the gameplay just to eat up the crazy storyline. I knew exactly what was going on as they started to fly in on GDI's headquarters but still was super excited to see it play out.

Science Fiction Super Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

generals was my fav

I'd tap that turian!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Bump for the title, if anyone missed. The contest was over a while back and EA announced the full title: Command and Conquer 4 - Tiberian Twilight.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/image...x_tiberian.jpg

Now 2010 has to get here.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trine Traverse
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Akucaen View Post
    Bump for the title, if anyone missed. The contest was over a while back and EA announced the full title: Command and Conquer 4 - Tiberian Twilight.
    They had a contest on what to name it?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

twilight are you serious FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

vampire tanks?

ugh

I'd tap that turian!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Since I'm out of the loop on what Twilight is (other than like... some drama show about vampires, I've honestly never seen it) that name isn't tainted for me. That and the name makes sense, if you ignore C&C3, since the games did go Tiberium Dawn, Tiberium Sun, etc. That was going to be the named third game when Westwood was calling the shots. (I may hate EA overall, but I'm glad they didn't end it with C&C3.)

Also, yes, there was a contest. I found out about it about a month after it ended.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Its the end of the series. Thus, the twilight of the human race/tiberium series.

Fucking excited for this game. I finally beat C&C3 this weekend, been playing the series since I was a little kid.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Been waiting for Tiberium Twilight (even if this isn't technically the original I was waiting for) for a loooong time. Huge C&C fan. I'll definitely be picking this one up first day. I just have never had as much fun with RTS as I have with C&C games. If I had to choose between C&C and Starcraft, I'd take C&C any day, but luckily we don't have to make this choice. It's looking to be a good year for RTS.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

i like the RA storyline... :< but i used to be hardcore into tumsun

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I admittedly lost a little interest in RA after the crazy direction they took 2 in. Regardless I still have RA3, just haven't gotten around to playing it yet. Topic creator makes me a little nervous to actually play it. I hate to think of the C&C name tarnished.

I'd tap that turian!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

RA3, in all aspects, is a fanservice to RA2. And while RA2 broke my C&C cherry, I do not like the game overall. Too many gameplay aspects were changed between C&C3 & RA3, and that really ruined the experience after riding the high that was C&C3. It's a terrible game overall in my opinion. :\

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast