1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 47 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 47 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Guess

I want to spend eight hours obtaining a few levels for a class, BECAUSE EVERYONE KNOWS THAT'S A GOOD WAY TO EXTEND THE LIFE OF A GAME LOLOLZ.

Grinding=/=Character Development.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Guess View Post
    I want to spend eight hours obtaining a few levels for a class, BECAUSE EVERYONE KNOWS THAT'S A GOOD WAY TO EXTEND THE LIFE OF A GAME LOLOLZ.

There's no levels in Final fantasy XIV.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Askari0 View Post
    The real Almighty Apkallu
    lol

still never seen that fucker

Quote Originally Posted by Guess View Post

Fuck that, I liked the grind somewhat. It gives you time to actually learn how to play your job decently (though some people will never learn). Just because the game doesn't hand you levels doesn't mean they shouldn't be there. I thought FFXI was on the cusp of being hard and somewhat challenging to actually obtainable. When I see some MMOs I know there is no chance of becoming a high level without at least a year or more of time invested into full grinding.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Fuck that, I liked the grind somewhat. It gives you time to actually learn how to play your job decently (though some people will never learn). Just because the game doesn't hand you levels doesn't mean they shouldn't be there. I thought FFXI was on the cusp of being hard and somewhat challenging to actually obtainable. When I see some MMOs I know there is no chance of becoming a high level without at least a year or more of time invested into full grinding.
    Agreed, abolishing grinding altogether could have a negative effect on the capabilities of the players in endgame, depending on what the alternative to grinding is.

That being said, I don't mind grinding, but don't make it so ridiculously tedious.
    Past 50 pre-ToAU it was crabs, after ToAU it was Colibris, pink birds, of all things, for hours on end. Finally got to 75? Excellent, prepare for even more pink-bird-awesomeness while meriting.
    Thinking about leveling another job? Fear not, level sync and our new add-on will allow you to get started on our wonderfully designed gravity-defying pink birds as soon as you hit 37 for as long as you wish.

Seriously, diversity is the key word here. I hope they won't just doom viable exp spots by introducing yet another kind of their easy-exp-mobs since that's exactly when grinding gives up on the last shred of fun it could have been, when everyone wants to go the same exp camp to kill the same mobs.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

• Fields of Valor equivalent
    • LevelSync equivalent

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Darakor View Post
    Agreed, abolishing grinding altogether could have a negative effect on the capabilities of the players in endgame, depending on what the alternative to grinding is.

That being said, I don't mind grinding, but don't make it so ridiculously tedious.
    Past 50 pre-ToAU it was crabs, after ToAU it was Colibris, pink birds, of all things, for hours on end. Finally got to 75? Excellent, prepare for even more pink-bird-awesomeness while meriting.
    Thinking about leveling another job? Fear not, level sync and our new add-on will allow you to get started on our wonderfully designed gravity-defying pink birds as soon as you hit 37 for as long as you wish.

Seriously, diversity is the key word here. I hope they won't just doom viable exp spots by introducing yet another kind of their easy-exp-mobs since that's exactly when grinding gives up on the last shred of fun it could have been, when everyone wants to go the same exp camp to kill the same mobs.
    I'm not sure I have a lot of faith in SE but it's looking like you'll basically form your quests to "level up" and you'll be able to make solo or group quests. They compared a bit with MMM but really really hope it's far more intuitive than that. My main hope is that they do not make it a see saw system where if you get too high in a mage stat your melee stats start going down. I hope that switching jobs just caps those stats instead but you can switch back and work on them again.

I just loved SE's job system in FFXI for the main fact you didn't have to do all the same story missions every time that you wanted to try some new job. WoW and other MMOs are so annoying that way having to repeat everything many times. Finally they said race will also have less of an impact than in FFXI and honestly I like that too it makes it so you don't feel as obligated to be a Taru if you want to be a Blm.

Honestly it's the simple things that made FFXI a truly great MMO. Amazing story telling, the best job system I've seen (despite getting bogged down later with useless and redundant jobs,) fun party dynamics with SC + MB (QQ why isn't this more popular,) and finally one the most treasured world, music, and art styles in videogames.

Sea Horror

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by coldbrand View Post
    Sea Horror
    And what a horror he was. So many deaths, lol. Nothing struck fear into the heart of players though like zoning into the crawler's nest back in the day!!

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Roscobel View Post
    Absolute Virtue
    Yessssssssss

He needs to become a staple in every FF game afterward imo, like Omega and Ultima and Tonberries and what not

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

i'd like sunrise and sunsets to last longer, its a pain in the ass taking screenshots when you only get a chance like 1 minute every 45 minutes or so in ff11 D:

And regarding the amount of grinding required to be acceptable at endgame, it took people months to get to 75 in ff11 at first, but since TAU and WotG how many blu/cor/pup/dnc/sch did you see at 75 after only a week after release. Regardless of what the grind is, the playerbase is too experienced with know how and will reach "end game" much quicker than ff11. Even though its a different game, bound to become accustomed to it quickly. For example, in ff11, back in the day, how many people didnt know that BLM should use INT rings, etc. These kind of noob mistakes wont be repeated this time round.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Altanass View Post
    i'd like sunrise and sunsets to last longer, its a pain in the ass taking screenshots when you only get a chance like 1 minute every 45 minutes or so in ff11 D:
    lol That's what half of my screen shots were when I was a n00b. Man I wasted too many months before reaching Jeuno. ._.

Ontopic: Colibris - If it's in your face that whole time why can't you reach out and snap its neck??

TheCorvus

i want to mpk again

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorvus View Post
    i want to mpk again
    yesplz

SE is a party pooper. Having a vendetta when you MPK people is wrong, but it's okay if it's random people or friends.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Samurai.

Change this later.
    BG Level

Although it doesn't sound like FFXIV is going to have a strict job system, I hope they keep the AF armor designs in the game. Spruce them up a bit, make the mage AF more robe-like, but as long as they keep the same styles I'll be happy.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

I would like to see the Stage5 Relic weapons and Mythic weapons `of ffxiv` being `almost impossible` to obtain.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Agito View Post
    I would like to see the Stage5 Relic weapons and Mythic weapons `of ffxiv` being `almost impossible` to obtain.
    Why? I don't see the point of having weapons as difficult to obtain as it is to kill AV. If they are that difficult to get then someone with a relic weapon should be able to one shot a Lv 80 MNK Orc.

Cause that's totally the point right?

Quote Originally Posted by Agito View Post
    Something like a dozen per server or so would be awesome but it's not gonna happen.