1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 57 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 57 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

How about GM's that actually want to do something other than saying "Sorry there's nothing I can do"

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by bechyni View Post
    How about GM's that actually want to do something other than saying "Sorry there's nothing I can do"
    GM's do their job (most of the time.) When there's some lv75 in your lv 54 exp camp cussing you killing your exp mobs then the GM will definately do something when called upon. When you drop that item by accident a GM will get it back. The things that GM's fail miserably at: Detecting a HNM claim that was done by a BOT and kicking the RMT asses but that's what the special task force does and they do it well. Everyone remembers when HNM's used to go white while a ls was fighting them, well i claimed a white aspidodechelone and the other ls called GM and i had to give it back heh.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Xello View Post
    What's wrong with having a mob hard enough that only one or two groups of people will ever be strong enough to beat it (genuinely) ?
    AV was never killed since the KC zerg fix. Even PW is retarded, you should never need such huge amounts of people for something that gives so little reward. I would understand it if theese 2 mobs would put a speed belt, d.ring, ridill or whatever in the inventory of each person that is participating, otherwise gtfo.

Definitly guild/linkshell made castles/houses/citys!

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

The whole idea for AV was retarded and badly designed. I would go as far as to say that this mob is a bad running joke that SE spent years keeping it alive by hot fixing every method that was developed in killing AV.

I don't have a problem with bosses that are hard but this fight is nothing more than a vague gimmick that could honestly have over a million possibilities on how to weaken it enough to survive its onslaught of unbalanced abilities. I hope to god they stay away from these kind of bosses and if they do make a boss like AV puts some damn hints in the game that make sense to point the community in the right direction instead of a lame video no one could make sense of.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So I was just informed that ranger won't have auto-shoot in FF14. This seems absurd. I can't figure out why they would not want to give rangers the auto-shoot ability. Can't be that hard for them to code? A button pressed every five seconds on average for The most basic attack for hours on end just seems dumb at this point in MMOs.

Ranger is the first thing I'll try given the chance. This no auto-shoot is a disappontment.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by hagun View Post
    So I was just informed that ranger won't have auto-shoot in FF14. This seems absurd. I can't figure out why they would not want to give rangers the auto-shoot ability. Can't be that hard for them to code? A button pressed every five seconds on average for The most basic attack for hours on end just seems dumb at this point in MMOs.

Ranger is the first thing I'll try given the chance. This no auto-shoot is a disappontment.
    If so, this is really disappointing

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by hagun View Post
    So I was just informed that ranger won't have auto-shoot in FF14.
    Where did you hear this from? They are changing the mechanics of battle a lot from FFXI, but that sounds like a rather specific detail for this stage in development. Also: no rangers, only the Archer discipline.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'd like to see them stop using "demand" of an item as valid reason to deny any new or old class gear[blu ridill, dnc/sch salvage gear, pup/sch everything, all 5 new jobs KC, and etc].

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boye Fran
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by McGoonagle View Post
    Where did you hear this from? They are changing the mechanics of battle a lot from FFXI, but that sounds like a rather specific detail for this stage in development. Also: no rangers, only the Archer discipline.
    It's not that specific and the game was demoed at gamescom. There is no auto-attack option period. It's not just ranged attack. I'm not too comfortable with no auto-attack function. If it were turn based it would make sense, but in an MMO it doesn't sound too great. I'd hate to be a tank. That's more you have to spam to keep hate.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Chakra View Post
    It's not that specific and the game was demoed at gamescom. There is no auto-attack option period.
    It's a specific attachment of a specific ability to a specific job that doesn't actually exist in the game. Furthermore, how do we know that an autoshoot ability cannot be learned and equipped?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It's a specific attachment of a specific ability to a specific job that doesn't actually exist in the game. Furthermore, how do we know that an autoshoot ability cannot be learned and equipped?
    Well, I hope we can when the game comes out. It is too early to tell, but from past experience SE is hell bent on doing what they want while omitting things that are rather practical or logical until they realize it five years down the road: Exhibit A - FFXI.

At any rate, MMOs developed overseas seem to have this knack of being extremely hardheaded about simple things: Aion without a background function for text chat, FFXI's in-ability to have auto-shoot, just to name a few.

One can only hope such closed mindedness would not make its way into 14.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boye Fran
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

We don't know, but it wasn't an option when demoed and the way attack was handled at gamescom was that you had to hit the attack button on your quickbar to swing your weapon. They might come to their senses and install an auto attack option if the users give enough feedback about it in beta (lol), but currently that's where it stands based on the alpha demo.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boye Fran
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

this clears up auto-attack straight from the horse's mouth.

"There is no auto-attack system like in FFXI. You need to select each skill that you want to attack with."

YouTube - Interview with Tanaka Hiromichi while playing Final Fantasy XIV at GamesCom 2009. Part I.

thank you for posting that link, i was going to post it myself but work filters youtube... it was driving me nust that people were grasping at straws for an autoattck feature.

se said they do not plan on implementing an ffxi style auto attack feature. but you will have the ability to place abiilities into que. think of this like kids in a lunch line. the first goes, then the second, then the third. Youll be able to select three normal attacks in que, very similar to the lunch line. youll have a charge meter of sorts, the meter needs to reach X% for Y ability to fire off. the more damage you do, the more your power meter fills. your power meter effects how accurate and powerful your attacks are. you will also have a tp meter, which is assumed to work just like ffxi.

So you will be able to set up an auto attack, but youll need to set it up. It will not be an automatic thing, and it does not last indefinately. you will have to set your abilities back up in que.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kawfee Demitasse
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Sargeras

I don't understand why people are complaining about a battle system they have yet to try out.
    Most people at Gamescom seemed to like it. It doesn't look like you have to spam anything, but rather, about the same pace as you pressing your macros anyways, so I don't think the argument about "omg I have to press things" really holds water, unless you are a melee SMN anyways.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boye Fran
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Kawfee View Post
    I don't understand why people are complaining about a battle system they have yet to try out.
    Most people at Gamescom seemed to like it. It doesn't look like you have to spam anything, but rather, about the same pace as you pressing your macros anyways, so I don't think the argument about "omg I have to press things" really holds water, unless you are a melee SMN anyways.
    This goes both ways. You're defending a battle system you haven't tried out yet. You could possibly try it and realize how much you took auto-attack for

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

No auto-attack worked for Diablo 1 and PSO right?

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Another Demo LS!

Other than that... Just really want to see the whole "You can play for 1 or 2 hours and accomplish something" spiel they have been going on about.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Chakra View Post
    this clears up auto-attack straight from the horse's mouth.

"There is no auto-attack system like in FFXI. You need to select each skill that you want to attack with."

YouTube - Interview with Tanaka Hiromichi while playing Final Fantasy XIV at GamesCom 2009. Part I.
    That's so garbage, RSI button mashing ftl.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    Another Demo LS!

Other than that... Just really want to see the whole "You can play for 1 or 2 hours and accomplish something" spiel they have been going on about.
    I dunno, 2 hours in Campaign and I can get KO'd 6-8 times

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast