1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 30 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -1 hours, -31 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 10 hours, 30 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

12 times Ko.

Rootz

LalafellM Geomancerish type "class"

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Id like to see better pet AI system, if we get pets (God I hope we do)

Mayhaps something along the gambit system for your pet, the higher your skill or class or strength or however SE make sit, the more gambits for your pet.

Also, I want to be able to fight from the top of a goddamn chocobo. Seriously. Chocobo Combat. Do it.

No damn caps on crafts, putting a 40 pool of points on your crafst was just retarded, if I want to spend the money to get every craft to 100 I should be able to!

Weapon wise, I want some FF7 style freaking sweet attacks at the high levels. Daggers "final" weaponskill, eviscration, looks retarded. Whoo I made a couple flashy white lights. Dancign edge is kinda flashing, but I want my guy jumping around and dicing up the monster like no ones business omnislash style!

Same goes for magic, AM really isnt super flashy. Some spells kinda look ok but really there's so much more potential. Maybe its a case of PS2 limitations but if so I want some amazing stuff for the dark magic classes when they reach the pinnacle of said class. Meteor, ultima, etc etc.

Following this, I want some epic bosses. HNMs are kinda big, but I wanna see some giant ass beasts of doom that completely dwarf your character. Read: Shadow of the Collossus.

Make the game more epic. Get some voice acting, signature final fantasy breathtaking cutscenes. In fact, voice chat. I'd adore a voice chat MMO with characters mouths that moved with what you say and everything.

I know you can definitly do that, even littlebigplanet has voice synch.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

The only thing I care about wanting to see in FFXIV under the assumption I even play it, is a system where everyone can be rewarded based on the time they commit to receiving something. Einherjar is the best reward system in FFXI, I think. You not only get ampoules, but also have a chance at some decent rewards within the treasure chest. Rework the system so that you can buy anything accessible from any Einherjar treasure chest (even Odin's drops) with ampoules, and you have a perfect system in my eyes. There's no reason I should not be rewarded with something for the amount of time I've put into something.

I'll just make an example:

You need 50,000 ampoules to get an E.body abjuration. Still gaining the same amount of ampoules per run per tier as you do now, it would take (if you only did Tier 1 for whatever reason) a little over 50 runs to be able to purchase the abjuration, while still maintaining it as a possible drop from Odin. SE still keeps their time sink fetish, and we still get rewarded for the time we sink.

There's absolutely no reason anyone should commit the time and effort to any event and not be rewarded due to shitty drop rates, competition between members of your OWN LINKSHELL, anything.

Something like this is the only thing I hope is implemented in FFXIV, everything else I honestly could not care less about. I'll adapt to anything new, but if I subject myself to years of this game and still don't have the items I'm looking for after years of commitment, then it's still a flawed game.

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by Ivaden View Post
    The only thing I care about wanting to see in FFXIV under the assumption I even play it, is a system where everyone can be rewarded based on the time they commit to receiving something. Einherjar is the best reward system in FFXI, I think. You not only get ampoules, but also have a chance at some decent rewards within the treasure chest. Rework the system so that you can buy anything accessible from any Einherjar treasure chest (even Odin's drops) with ampoules, and you have a perfect system in my eyes. There's no reason I should not be rewarded with something for the amount of time I've put into something.

I'll just make an example:

You need 50,000 ampoules to get an E.body abjuration. Still gaining the same amount of ampoules per run per tier as you do now, it would take (if you only did Tier 1 for whatever reason) a little over 50 runs to be able to purchase the abjuration, while still maintaining it as a possible drop from Odin. SE still keeps their time sink fetish, and we still get rewarded for the time we sink.

There's absolutely no reason anyone should commit the time and effort to any event and not be rewarded due to shitty drop rates, competition between members of your OWN LINKSHELL, anything.

Something like this is the only thing I hope is implemented in FFXIV, everything else I honestly could not care less about. I'll adapt to anything new, but if I subject myself to years of this game and still don't have the items I'm looking for after years of commitment, then it's still a flawed game.
    if SE wanted to make an mmorpg that everyone could finish in a year, they would do that.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    if SE wanted to make an mmorpg that everyone could finish in a year, they would do that.
    Because they definitely did not continue to add more gear into the game as it progressed, as well as more quests, missions, events, etc.. Sure, the gear added wasn't better for the most part, but that's something else they can improve on. I'm sorry if you feel uncomfortable with people not getting what they deserve with the amount of time invested into a game. Besides, since your comment is only really effective under the example given, then up the price on whatever it is while keeping the amount of whatever you'd use to purchase the reward lower. I'd like to know that, regardless of the outcome of the current event, I'll end up rewarded eventually. Or, you can include it for land-spawned HNMs or whatever the fuck people call them, where they drop tokens similar to ampoules per kill in order to purchase items from an NPC somewhere. So now, you can have your bots and competition and not have a shot at guaranteed ampoules/whatever. Obviously this way is not a step in the direction of correcting anything, but it'd keep the spiteful people who dislike seeing others with good gear relatively calm if they're in the right linkshell.

This system is basically what runs a point-based linkshell, only implemented in the game. Shut up.

Turtle Apprentice
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kame Aoren
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ivaden View Post
    Because they definitely did not continue to add more gear into the game as it progressed, as well as more quests, missions, events, etc.. Sure, the gear added wasn't better for the most part, but that's something else they can improve on. I'm sorry if you feel uncomfortable with people not getting what they deserve with the amount of time invested into a game. Besides, since your comment is only really effective under the example given, then up the price on whatever it is while keeping the amount of whatever you'd use to purchase the reward lower. I'd like to know that, regardless of the outcome of the current event, I'll end up rewarded eventually. Or, you can include it for land-spawned HNMs or whatever the fuck people call them, where they drop tokens similar to ampoules per kill in order to purchase items from an NPC somewhere. So now, you can have your bots and competition and not have a shot at guaranteed ampoules/whatever. Obviously this way is not a step in the direction of correcting anything, but it'd keep the spiteful people who dislike seeing others with good gear relatively calm if they're in the right linkshell.

This system is basically what runs a point-based linkshell, only implemented in the game. Shut up.
    Einherjar is a good system and one of (if not) the bests systems in FFXI, it requires low commitment (30 mins, max 1hr from gather time every 3 days), and has some excellent gears if you do beat it completely. What i do really dislike is that a lot of people just what the equip to be handed on a silver plate with 0 commitment, if we could get E.bodies exchanging ampoules then what is the reason to kill odin, none, remember that elite gear is what defines hardcore players from the common casual player, and every game needs something elite to keep players interested and business running.
    On topic, i would like to see more like Einherjar and Salvage, both are good systems, require a set amount of time which makes them easier to schedule, and requires teamwork.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by tsaroth816 View Post
    No auto-attack worked for Diablo 1 and PSO right?
    Great MMORPGs.

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

PS3 Limitations.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Jaggedy Eared Jack ... asshole bunny ><

In somewhat seriousness, how about a way a player can truly customize their gear (looks) to where everyone else can see the customized gear? People love doing that now through modified DATs.

Inb4 rampant naked tarus on every server.

OH and <rant> they will ALWAYS be called tarutaru! Period!</endrant>

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kmexe View Post
    Einherjar is a good system and one of (if not) the bests systems in FFXI, it requires low commitment (30 mins, max 1hr from gather time every 3 days), and has some excellent gears if you do beat it completely. What i do really dislike is that a lot of people just what the equip to be handed on a silver plate with 0 commitment, if we could get E.bodies exchanging ampoules then what is the reason to kill odin, none, remember that elite gear is what defines hardcore players from the common casual player, and every game needs something elite to keep players interested and business running.
    On topic, i would like to see more like Einherjar and Salvage, both are good systems, require a set amount of time which makes them easier to schedule, and requires teamwork.
    Using Einherjar as an example again, make Odin's title a requirement to start doing something else -- like, I dunno, continue on through missions in ToAU. I still think people would fight Odin though for drops, why not? When it would drop something, that's one less thing people would have to use their ampoules on. Even make the ampoule amount so severe that realistically, you might be able to get the drop you want from Odin, but if not, you gained enough ampoules to purchase it so you don't feel like you've just wasted your time. I know that you should be happy for fellow linkshell members to be getting something, but no one can convince me that they do anything in FFXI at this point without expecting something in return regardless of what it is. Or that you're at least not bitter for not being able to get something for your time invested.

Obviously the system I suggested would not be at all how it was implemented in the game, and there'd be kinks to fix in the system in order to keep the mouth-breathing hardcore elite players happy while still maintaining contentment from the casual player.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boye Fran
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by jessee View Post
    In somewhat seriousness, how about a way a player can truly customize their gear (looks) to where everyone else can see the customized gear? People love doing that now through modified DATs.
    It was said already that your gear can be modified in terms of color. Full customization would be nice though! I know it can be done, as recent MMOs have this option.. like Aion for instance. I even remember some Neverwinter Nights modules having this and it made your character feel that much more originally your creation and shown your uniqueness as a player.

It would be interesting to see this in FFXIV, too!

Make is so that that to buy from the vendor that sells odin gear...you have to have killed odin a certain number of times.

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

Assuming XIV is going to have a lot of players that never touched XI, I wonder how much of the XI slang is gonna be carried on and how much is going to be replaced by WoW slang. Granted, I think the only reason they're different at all is the Auto-Translator. I'm just wondering if we're gonna see more LFG/LFM and WTB/WTS in place of A-T phrases since, presumably, a lot of newcomers won't have experience with the A-T.

Also, I think the " / " for "yes" is exclusive to FFXI. I wonder if that's gonna spread. Hell, I remember before that even existed. I'm left to wonder exactly how and when it started, as I came back from an extended hiatus and it was just there, lol.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Solution: put e.body+1 on odin. There you go, you got a gear progression, and "leet" can still be "leet", while people with less dedication (commitment sound wrong when it involves a game) can progress and enjoy shiny new gears.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvrdragon View Post
    Also, I think the " / " for "yes" is exclusive to FFXI. I wonder if that's gonna spread. Hell, I remember before that even existed. I'm left to wonder exactly how and when it started, as I came back from an extended hiatus and it was just there, lol.
    Maybe this is just my muddled interpretation, but I think it eventually became a shortening of (^.^)/ or similar emotes you'd from the JP moonspeak. The more specific application of / then becomes a matter of the question at hand. We've probably all raised our hand at some point during schooling to denote we're present when asked if here. I've seen it function as a simple wave like the emote itself. I guess the common thread is it does become a form of confirmation, or yes.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I want to finally be able to scan creatures/enemies to see level/HP/MP/elemental affiliation/resists/weaknesses/etc. and drops/steals you've previously seen. Perhaps working towards filling a completable bestiary like FFXII with item drops/steals filled in too (like castlevania's bestiaries) only with perhaps some rewards/purpose for completing entries other than personal satisfaction. (I hope and doubt the Codex and it's missing entries was a hint towards this)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I want to finally be able to scan creatures/enemies to see level/HP/MP/elemental affiliation/resists/weaknesses/etc. and drops/steals you've previously seen. Perhaps working towards filling a completable bestiary like FFXII with item drops/steals filled in too (like castlevania's bestiaries) only with perhaps some rewards/purpose for completing entries other than personal satisfaction. (I hope and doubt the Codex and it's missing entries was a hint towards this)
    I don't see why they couldn't/wouldn't do something as simple as add a Libra spell to XIII. It's easy enough to determine everything about a mob within a couple times of fighting it, shouldn't hurt any game to have the spell in it. As for the rest of it, I don't really know how well something like that would fit into an MMO.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Oh god no, they need to stay the fuck away from any systems they had in FFXI. SE's message about 14 needs to be more about "we have learned alot from 11 and will do things differently this time". Lots of people are still skeptical about 14 till they see the beta and see how the game unfolds.

I know myself and many probably won't play if this is just XI 2 with better graphics. Einherjar, kings system = bad. Dynamis was another system that got boring, I fought the urge to fall asleep just about every Dynamis unless it was DL kill time. Limbus was partially ok, Apolloyn was awesome, but Tenemos was badly designed and had some lame ass worthless loot that bad JP Blms would blow their loads over and nuke in it.

FFXIV needs to basically be about change, getting away from bad development systems that plagued XI because they put blame on PS2 limitations.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Lordender View Post
    Einherjar, kings system = bad.
    Replace Einherjar with Dynamis and you have the two things that SE needs to get rid of. Einherjar was a good thing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast