Thread: Deep Breaths? Oh yes.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Deep Breaths? Oh yes.

Appears onyxia was feeling lonely so the developers are revamping her in a mini-patch.

She has lurked in her lair and done battle with the many brave adventurers who travelled to that familiar location over the years. Now, in honor of the World of Warcraft 5-year anniversary, the dreaded brood mother Onyxia is being revamped to make a return to the forefront of Azeroth, as part of our big plans for the upcoming 3.2.2 content patch.

This permanent update to Onyxia will convert the dungeon into 10- and 25-player modes. We will be adding new items to Onyxia’s loot table that have the same model as some of the classic loot from this dungeon, like Tier 2 helms, with stats updated to match the current level of content. There will be a special new item too: a normal drake-sized 310% speed flying mount modeled after Onyxia herself called an Onyxia Broodling. We will also be updating the encounter mechanics to be more fitting for modern raiding, but we can guarantee players will get to experience the frightening horror of deep breaths once again.

Then for a limited time, after the 5-year anniversary event officially begins in November, anybody who logs in will receive an Onyxia Brood Whelpling pet.

We’re very excited to bring this classic encounter back to provide a fun new experience for both new and veteran players. Further details will be available in the near future, and we will be setting up the Public Test Realms soon to help test out this fight along with all the new content we have planned for the patch. Keep an eye on the forums for updates!

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

coolest things are the part about the helms, and baby onyxias for all

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

onyxia mount? Yes please.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

So uh, is the 310% mount from a hard mode achievement of some sort, or will it be a random drop? I might have to replace my mini Razorscale depending on how easy it is to get.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

I'd expect it to be a random drop, even if its a hardmode achievement it can't be too hard because it is just a single encounter. The prestige of having a 310% mount is dwindling quick.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Prestige was long dead and buried when pally and DK can fly faster than that at the first place, imo.

I'm still pissed the 100 mount achievement mount isnt 310% I'm damn near done climbing that hurdle and i get a 280% for my trouble. Lame.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Good thing we won't be able to enjoy it. Or if we do, it will be a 5 hour wait of spam checking instance gates at the current rate of things.

Coke of Vanilla
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Maelstrom

Am I the only one that hasn't experienced the "cannot launch additional instances"? Could be that Ghostlands is a backwater server. Granted, I only run the Heroic daily and raids.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by brisk View Post
    Am I the only one that hasn't experienced the "cannot launch additional instances"? Could be that Ghostlands is a backwater server. Granted, I only run the Heroic daily and raids.
    World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> Additional Instances Cannot Be Launched

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by Pikarya View Post
    Good thing we won't be able to enjoy it. Or if we do, it will be a 5 hour wait of spam checking instance gates at the current rate of things.
    I don't think I've ever run into any of the "instance cannot be launched" problems that seems so widespread. So glad we transferred to backwater/low pop Ysondre back in January.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ugh I guess I should start soloin the NQ for the time being for money, wasn't too bad for easy money.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    I don't think I've ever run into any of the "instance cannot be launched" problems that seems so widespread. So glad we transferred to backwater/low pop Ysondre back in January.
    I couldn't even run my gf through rfk last night ; ; They really need to upgrade their servers or whatever they need to do to handle more instances.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

She's... long dead lore-wise. Blizzard is becoming retarded. They seem to be adopting SE's philosophy of "LOL INSTEAD OF MAKING NEW GOOD GAMES LETZ JUST PORT AND REMAKE EVERTHING!@!!!1"

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

idk seemed like peeps were pretty excited in here. I bet a lot of people that started when it was 70 cap never even got to kill her. Plus its a 5 year anniversary thing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They should just make all bosses 60+ have hardmodes that drop lvl 80 gear. How baller would an Onyxia Hard Mode be :3?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aylin Celesse
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Hellscream

I'm kind of excited for it- I never got to do any Vanilla raid~ish content, or any of the TBC raids (I hit 70 as WotLK was released). I don't necessarilly think that Blizzard adjusting older content for the higher level cap is a bad thing though- gives it a twist for the older players, and gives most of the newer players something "fresh" that they've never really had a chance to experience before.

Oh yay, a recolored and reskinned and redone boss fight and gear to boot! WoTLK has to be the most creative expansion of any MMO to date.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Oh yay, a recolored and reskinned and redone boss fight and gear to boot! WoTLK has to be the most creative expansion of any MMO to date.
    It's not something to be that upset over I don't think. As was just stated a shit ton of people never got to do this fight.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Its a minor patch with a revamped instance intended to celebrate the 5th anniversary of wow. Its blizzard's birthday and you're the one getting presents, don't poop on them.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

No shit. It's an anniversary thing. It's just supposed to be a special treat. I swear, the level of bitching some wow players do rivals FFXI crap.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast