Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Deep Breaths? Oh yes.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Bigger bags please. 22 slot isnt enough still.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    Ugh I guess I should start soloin the NQ for the time being for money, wasn't too bad for easy money.
    They nerfed the money to where by the time you run out there and kill her solo you could've gotten more from dailies, quite a while ago.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

lol @ 3.2.2 changes. Rogues everywhere are cryin.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Ehhh, it's not that massive a nerf, but it does seem pointless to nerf an ability that's already pretty weak with daggers. Why not just reduce the damage when using other weapon types? Even with the damage% mod daggers still don't put out very impressive FoK numbers. I also wonder how Yogg - Thorim is going to go now that interrupting drain lifes isn't trivial. "Quick, someone bring a BE to the raid for Arcane Torrent!"

Quote Originally Posted by Res View Post
    I'm kinda pumped about it, myself. A mini-Onyxia mount would be cool.

Wait...does this mean this is relevant again!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtvIYRrgZ04
    That was brilliant, ive never seen it before but I imagine a lot of people i know are like this behind the scenes. LOL

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Loziel View Post
    That was brilliant, ive never seen it before but I imagine a lot of people i know are like this behind the scenes. LOL
    Wait till one of the drops gives 2 attack power upgrade: YTMND - Huhuran is Serious

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    lol @ 3.2.2 changes. Rogues everywhere are cryin.
    This is an aweful change. They NEEDED to do something about it in PVP, I swear one night in the 2300 3's bracket there was 10 different teams abusing it...

However, this fucking rapes us on freya+3 and Yogg 0Lights.

Goooooooooood luck doing P3 yogg without this.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

you're preachin to the choir here. I've been saying that for ages with DK.

It's the same old story, nerf the class to balance pvp and ruin pve. /sigh

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    you're preachin to the choir here. I've been saying that for ages with DK.

It's the same old story, nerf the class to balance pvp and ruin pve. /sigh
    Dude, our DK's are still doing 8-10k dps on most encounters, and rape our meters in pve. No matter how hard they've nerfed DK's, they are still topping meters and tanking just as well.

This nerf to rogues makes the yogg encounter practically impossible, it has nothing to do with dps or meters.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

My point was i'm tired of pvp affecthing pve at all, whether it's my class or not. I'm sure the FoK nerf is at least partially because of Yogg, but it seems like a strange way of going about a fix. usually it's fix the enounter, not nerf a class.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Dude, our DK's are still doing 8-10k dps on most encounters, and rape our meters in pve. No matter how hard they've nerfed DK's, they are still topping meters and tanking just as well.

This nerf to rogues makes the yogg encounter practically impossible, it has nothing to do with dps or meters.
    I'd like to see these parses of DKs doing 8k-10k on most encounters minus Yogg 0 or normal mode XT or Hodir. DKs are good dps, but 8k-10k is stretching it. DK tanking took a hit with the recent patch as well. Healers definitely noticed it with our last 10 man Alg.

Honestly, FoK as it is is pretty OP for some fights. HaT is also broken in general. I suspect that they'll change the Yogg encounter somehow to compensate for the Imp Throwing change.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    In a straight single dps fight with no gimmicks like Algalon 25, I cap out at around 7k-7.2k with Army. The only fights a DK will see 8k+ is on encounters that modify your damage (Hodir, XT), or have a ton of potential aoe damage (Freya, Yogg, Kologarn, possibly Iron Council depending on how your guild positions them). If you look at the DPS leaderboards on WoWMeter for Ulduar you'll see the top slots for every single boss filled with everything but DKs.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    In a straight single dps fight with no gimmicks like Algalon 25, I cap out at around 7k-7.2k with Army. The only fights a DK will see 8k+ is on encounters that modify your damage (Hodir, XT), or have a ton of potential aoe damage (Freya, Yogg, Kologarn, possibly Iron Council depending on how your guild positions them). If you look at the DPS leaderboards on WoWMeter for Ulduar you'll see the top slots for every single boss filled with everything but DKs.
    Word. Also a dumb question related to this, if you pop Army while you're phased in the Algalon encounter, do they come out with you?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Probably better to just blow it at the start before they get splattered if you're not unholy, its instant cast now too isn't it?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

They come out with you if you start the cast while inside the portal waiting for Big Bang to cast but yeah, I generally just summon them before the pull.

I wish the spell was instant, but it's still channeled. However, you do take a percentage equal to your parry rating of reduced damage now while you're casting it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    They come out with you if you start the cast while inside the portal waiting for Big Bang to cast but yeah, I generally just summon them before the pull.

I wish the spell was instant, but it's still channeled. However, you do take a percentage equal to your parry rating of reduced damage now while you're casting it.
    How are you pulling 7k dps O_o. What is your rotation and do you do anything different? I need DK tips kinda bad :/

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Pretty much just the standard UH rotation

PS->IT->BS->BS->RP Dump->OB
    OB->OB->OB

Random stuff:

Gargoyle - try to line up your buffs for Gargoyle since it copies the stats you currently have when you summon it. Generally the best time to use it would be when you're Bloodlusted and have either Greatness, Fallen Crusader, or (if you have it) the Virulence sigil proc. Pop a speed pot with that and you'll have some sick Gargoyle damage.

AMS - Always take advantage of AMS to get a free bar of RP. There is a subsection in the Blood thread on the EJ forums that outlines all of the Naxx/Ulduar bosses just for this.

There are a few things that are generally out of your control such as optimal raid composition - missing raid melee haste and +ap% hurts. Without army on Algalon, I'm generally at around 6500-6700 so that's another factor to keep in mind. I'm probably forgetting some stuff but I don't want to derail the thread any further.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I thought you were blood, it says on your armory that you are blood lol.