Closed Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

I don't like this. I'm trying to like it but it just isn't happening. I don't want to go back to old content and see it be updated. I don't CARE about Ragnaros. I want NEW things and to go to new places and see new things. I don't want to go back to the fucking Barrens and MC and BWL all over again. This is stupid and I really hope it doesn't go through.

Also, as Blizzard is one of those companies that is pretty good at keeping stuff a secret, why is there SO much "info" being leaked a week before Blizzcon? Seems fishy to me.

Also level 85 sounds weird/stupid. I'd rather level to 90 just because it sounds cooler.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Cairne murdered by Garrosh? I seriously doubt this.
    Yeah, I mean it is not like he is half responsible for the formation of the modern horde or anything. And apparently Thrall didn't mind much either.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

They're doing things a lot different this time around. I would not be surprised if 80-85 was not experience based leveling and more quest based leveling. Complete this humongous chain that advances the story greatly to gain your next level sort of thing. Storytelling in WoW has always been a weak point compared to FF11.

This is the part where I tell you, Lbelle, to wait and see before judging. This has the potential to be very cool and we don't know all of the specific details, your mind seems to be set on filling in the blanks with negatives, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle View Post
    Also, as Blizzard is one of those companies that is pretty good at keeping stuff a secret, why is there SO much "info" being leaked a week before Blizzcon? Seems fishy to me.
    Because its a week before blizzcon and information is starting to dissipate? We "knew" about SC2 a good two weeks before it got announced.

From the beginning the devs have wanted to make WoW to continue to provide the great story that has been going on through all the WC games, and each expansion they've done a much better job of doing that. People have long since wondered what became of Deathwing, and probably Azshara too. They've wanted goblins as a playable race, and for old content to be new again.

I think this is Blizzard doing fan-service, but doing it much better than it's usually done, and progressing the story in the way they want it in the process.

Wotlk seemed to me was Blizzard's way of getting back to the central WoW story, Cataclysm is another step in the process, and I think they'll do it wonderfully.

Like Dezzimal said, i'd save your judgment until after you see it, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

they said garrosh kills cairne, orgrimmar is split in 2 and removed, and garrosh takes over the horde, while thrall leaves?

I won't be pleasantly suprised.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

People have wanted the old world to "progress" for quite some time. I'm sure at least a few people here are familiar with the peons/peasants that have been repairing busted up roofs in Hammerfall and Westfall for going on 5 years now. Old world is more or less frozen in time right now.

THIS IS NOT LIVEJOURNAL DOT COM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Detheroc

I'd say Blizzard is pretty good at sort of "faking out" some of their major announcements. If anything this reminds me of the big Iceblock on the website thing they had before Wrath came out and everyone assuming it had to do with Wrath when in reality it ended up being a Diablo 3 announcement. Blizzcon's only a week away so, only have that much longer to speculate. Until then I'm just gonna chillax about it.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Knowing that SC2 is coming out vs. knowing THIS much, down to new classes/playable races and entire storyline content of a huge wow expansion is a bit different to me. I'm not saying that Blizzard won't do a good and interesting job with whatever DOES happen, but I'm not exactly the first in line to go back to MC or BWL if you know what I mean.

If Garrosh kills Cairne, I will reroll Alliance just to bring all kinds of Jihad down on Org and this "New New Horde".

I hate the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal View Post
    Seems fitting doesn't it? I had heard something about them completely wrecking an azerothan continent or somesuch a few weeks ago, which did sound a little exaggerated.
    The Cataclysm was the name for the event when the Well of Eternity exploded and created the Maelstrom. THAT is the Cataclysm, Azeroth is NOT going to suddenly break apart AGAIN. You people and your damn speculation that has no foundation on anything. "Dur dur the tool at MMO-Champion said it so it must be true!" He wouldnt possibly be trying to just rake in webpage hits on mere speculation and bullshit.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

MMO-Champion is generally very accurate when it comes to information, so I can see why people are interested. Also this:

None of the information below has been officialy announced by Blizzard, this is only a compilation of information gathered from reliable sources. Just keep in mind that it takes a LOT to make me post something on the front page and I'm definitely not speculating here.
    In any case, we'll (hopefully) know when Blizzcon rolls around this week.

agree with Dezzimal. there's no much potential if they play that well.
    grinding for 5 levels of well designed, epic quests feels so much better than finding yourself at level 81 killing boars for meat, right after you downed Arthas.

if they really are gonna make huge usage of phasing system, the storyline will terribly benefit from this. ogrimmar could be destroyed at one point and rebuilt along another questline. gives so much sense of progress I love that.

cons?
    some new race/class matchups are terrible. Tauren paladins make me shiver.

also, Worgen looks so badass with the 2 forms this is gonna be re-roll all over again, sigh.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quests that currently say to talk to Baine Bloodhoof now tell you to talk to "Ahmo Thunderhorn" in 3.2.2 files.

Ahmo Thunderhorn - replacement for Baine Bloodhoof?

Certified Enhancement Shaman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

mmo-champion got updated with more info

World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    they said garrosh kills cairne, orgrimmar is split in 2 and removed, and garrosh takes over the horde, while thrall leaves?
    I won't be pleasantly suprised.
    The Guardian of Tirisfal
    Malfurion Stormrage will be returning to Azeroth to aid in the creation of the new Guardian of Tirisfal - Thrall!
    The New (New) Horde
    Thrall will hand over the leadership of the Horde to Garrosh Hellscream, while he serves as a coordinator for both the Horde and Alliance forces in and effort to combat the new threat of the Naga and Black Dragonflight. Without Thrall to keep Garrosh in check, he declares open war on the Alliance. In the political upheaval Cairne Bloodhoof is implicated as a traitor to the Horde and murdered by Garrosh. Cairne's son Baine takes over as the new Tauren chieftan. This could explain why Baine was removed from the game in Patch 3.2.2.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Complete bullshit. Thrall isn't going to just hand over the reigns to GARROSH of all people, who wants to return the orcs to a bloodlusting barbaric state, and then just allow him to kill Cairne. All so he can be turned into the Guardian of Tirisfal by Malfurion?

The Guardian of Tirisfal was chosen by a now defunct High Elven organization known as the Council of Tirisfal, which was decimated by the First and Third wars. Malfurion and the night elven druids aren't about to follow high elven customs and imbue someone with massive arcane powers. Plus, why is Malfurion even out of the Emerald Dream? Last we heard, he, Ysera and Cenarius were pinned down by the Nightmare, unable to escape.

This entire "expansion" would be a lorelol. They aren't going to half destroy Azeroth, make tauren paladins, and make goblins suddenly heroes that save Thrall. Sounds as if they're releasing a semi credible story to hide what they're really planning to announce at Blizzcon. You give Blizzard far too much credit if you think they could even design an event so massive. They couldn't even make Northrend as climactic as it should have been. O HAY GUYZ LETS DISREGARD THE LICH KING AND BUILD A CARNIVAL ITLL B COOL. O LETS ALSO REUSE RAIDS AND LORE CHARACTERS WEVE ALREADY KILLED HURRR

You really think they could do something mildly as revolutionary as this?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

it's not happening. Boubille's "credible source" is somethingawful. A troll intested quagmire. the wow equivalent of 4chan. also, half of what he lists is from another fan site, where people post alot of fanfic. mmo-champ is going to fade into obscurity next week when all of this is debunked and the site's credibility falls to zero.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post

The Guardian of Tirisfal
    Malfurion Stormrage will be returning to Azeroth to aid in the creation of the new Guardian of Tirisfal - Thrall!
    Utter and complete bullshit. The Guardian of Trisfal is the title given to a powerful mage by the council of Tristfal (They are all mages too, Like Jaina Proudmore). Malfurion is not even on the council lol. Besides all that, The guardian of Tirisfal's soul duty is to guard Azeroth from the burning legion, which is obviously not the case seeing how Thrall is waging a campaign against Naga and black dragons. Thrall is not even close to a mage, so why would they choose him to imbue with powerful magics to enhance his non-existent arcane abilities?

Oh wait I figured it out! They are gonna let Orcs be mages so they can do a ret-con on thrall and make it so he was a mage the whole time! GG

Edit: GOD DAMN IT! I was too slow lol

it's weird that a lot of things were datamined so early in 3.2.2...
    I'm quite sure Blizzard knows pretty well about internet and spreading rumors, and it'd be that they're working on this huge joke to catch everyone offguard.

i wouldnt rule out even mmo champ is part of this...

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

yeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh..... shits retarded.... no thanks.

wut. did the tauren not get pissed when their leader was killed?

if shits true then I'll probably still play but... hopefully aion will break me of my wow addiction and I can move onto that one :E

also, I hope to God it's just blizz releasing fake information to throw everyone off for blizzcon. those class/race combinations are retarded. everything about this is dumb. guh

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

about baine bloodhoof being removed from the game:

does anyone really think, they would bother removing a NPC for an expansion that's at least 9 months away at the earliest? It makes no sense. There's no point to it. If anything, his removal is probably tied into the onyxia raid.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast