Closed Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin View Post
    Uh, that was a misinterpreted joke from Ghostcrawler.

World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> 3.3 is the Age of the Warriors

You mean MMO-Champion was wrong about something they posted?! NO WAI. And that was FROM a blue, rest of this crap is from Somethingawful.

Quote Originally Posted by Naramaska View Post
    whoosh
    for reals

facepalm

i havent played this game enough i have no idea what im talking about guys

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

If you guys knew anything about Warcraft's lore, you would know this hypothetical bullshit MMO-champion got a hold of is totally impossible and would show Blizzard cares nothing about lore anymore. Wowwiki:

The Guardian of Tirisfal, also known as Guardian of the Tirisfalen, was a single mortal champion magically empowered by the Council of Tirisfal to secretly fight the Burning Legion and other demons wherever they may appeared on Azeroth.

It was an order of immensely powerful beings, imbued with tremendous strength from the Sunwell, who were empowered to protect the world from the Burning Legion over the millennia. The Guardians were imbued with powers from all members of the Order of Tirisfal, becoming extremely powerful mages in their own right.
    The High Elves of Silvermoon formed the Council of Tirisfal to protect the world from demonic invasion from the Burning Legion. (Hint: Not to command both the Horde and Alliance... which it says are still waging war on each other throughout the world? wut) Medivh systematically killed many if its members during the First War, and the rest were killed during the Fall of Silvermoon. No one is left to imbue someone with the extraordinary powers the Guardians possessed, and the Blood Elves certainly wouldn't allow druids to make use of their newly restored Sunwell.

Malfurion and the Druids powers are derived from nature, not the arcane. Malfurion couldn't make someone a Guardian. Malfurion is also still stuck in the Emerald Dream with Cenarius and Ysera, and will likely remain so until we get an Emerald Dream expansion.

Goblins are greedy, and prize wealth beyond personal safety or heroism. They wouldn't "save" Thrall from capture. Thrall wouldn't subsequently hand over control of the Horde to the warmongering Garrosh. Thrall wouldn't allow Garrosh to murder Cairne Bloodhoof, a founding member of the New Horde. The tauren wouldn't allow some bloodlusting orc to kill their leader and savior, either.

Oh, and Thrall isn't a mage, nor has he been tutored by the previous Guardian(who we can assume to be dead by his closing line in Warcraft III.) He couldn't be the Guardian if he wanted to be.

Actually EternityEnd, the Council of Tirisfal has been reformed with Aegwynn (Medivh - The Last Guardian)'s mother at the head.

Source: New Council of Tirisfal - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Thrall still couldn't be Guardian, and Aegwynn has little remaining power. If Medivh isn't dead, they couldn't even make a new Guardian.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Also, Medivh's WCIII quote:

The roots will heal in time... as will the entire world. The sacrifices have been made. Just as the orcs, humans, and night elves discarded their old hatreds and stood united against a common foe, so did Nature herself rise up to banish the Shadow...forever. As for me, I came back to ensure that there would be a future, to teach the world that it no longer needed Guardians. The hope for future generations has always resided in mortal hands. And now that my task is done, I will take my place...amongst the legends of the past.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Grizzly Hills

Buh...for every awesome thing I see in the data I see something that makes me unhappy. Tauren Pallys, REALLY?

Worgen is looking more and more likely though, which is epic win. I will just have to wait to see how they implement things. One thing I never see MMOs do is work on the old areas in this way, so I'm curious to see how it all goes.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kenai View Post

Worgen is looking more and more likely though, which is epic win. I will just have to wait to see how they implement things. One thing I never see MMOs do is work on the old areas in this way, so I'm curious to see how it all goes.
    See, that makes no sense either. Graymane betrayed the alliance in their greatest time of need by refusing to aid in the rebuilding/ restoring of the human lands after the second war.On top of that, he built a big ass wall to separate his nation from the others so he would never have to deal with "Other peoples trouble" again (The people supported his action). Even when the plague began to spread in Lorderan he refused to aid the refugees and survivors and let them die outside the walls; either from starvation, plague, or wandering worgens. Why again is the alliance saying "WELCOME BACK BRO" after that shitstorm?

Quote Originally Posted by Dareus View Post
    See, that makes no sense either. Graymane betrayed the alliance in their greatest time of need by refusing to aid in the rebuilding/ restoring of the human lands after the second war.On top of that, he built a big ass wall to separate his nation from the others so he would never have to deal with "Other peoples trouble" again (The people supported his action). Even when the plague began to spread in Lorderan he refused to aid the refugees and survivors and let them die outside the walls; either from starvation, plague, or wandering worgens. Why again is the alliance saying "WELCOME BACK BRO" after that shitstorm?
    to make people so uptight about lore nerdrage.

people, including characters in an MMORPG who actually.. gasp.. are forgiving? human emotions in MY VIDEO GAME?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arvin View Post
    to make people so uptight about lore nerdrage.

people, including characters in an MMORPG who actually.. gasp.. are forgiving? human emotions in MY VIDEO GAME?
    We saw how the Alliance treated the undead after they broke free from the lich king,why would the freak wolf monsters be any different?

We saw how the Alliance treated the undead after they broke free from the lich king,why would the freak wolf monsters be any different?
    Because lore means shit in WoW now? The devs just look at whatever fanbois are fapping on and put that out. Oh shit you want a 25man raid devoted to Hogger? FUCK YEAH WE CAN DO DAT. It requires 0 effort on us. we'll just copy Wailing Caverns and release 1 boss per month to keep you playing.

They probably don't smell as bad, can change into humans, and don't leave maggots everywhere.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Grizzly Hills

Eh...there is so much stuff flying around the web right now that I have no idea for sure what is/isn't "real" lore, but according to what I've been reading, it seems like the whole reason Greymane refused to aid them and built the wall was to keep his people sealed inside because of the spread of the Worgen condition (quarantine I guess). By doing this, he kept both the disease and his people together in one area until a cure was found (wild and Aragul-spawned Worgen are something entirely different apparently). Recently, they have discovered a cure that restores their mind at the cost of making them Worgen forever, rarely if ever able to keep their human form.

The starting Worgen area is supposed to reveal all this and also walk you through exactly how relations are repaired, but I figure if the Alliance will welcome former Death Knights then Blizz will figure out a way to make the Worgen work...some of them might have relatives in Stormwind after all.

I have no idea on the credibility of all this though. I'm still not totally convinced they'll even release these or gobs, but I dunno.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

"By the start of the Second War Gilneas was one of the most powerful human nations, and because of this, the kingdom's ruler, Genn Greymane, was not a strong supporter of the Alliance, believing that his own armies would be more than enough to deal with any threat. Despite this, Gilneas was not neutral towards the Horde, and did join the Alliance late in the Second War, although Lord Greymane constantly argued against its existence from beginning to end. Shortly after the Horde was defeated, Greymane pulled his nation's "support" from the Alliance, refusing to spend his nation's resources on keeping the orcs alive in internment camps or in rebuilding other nations devastated by the war. Greymane's isolationism may have been influenced by Daval Prestor, secretly the black dragon Deathwing in human form, who Greymane had supported to the throne of Alterac.

Sometime after the Second War, Greymane constructed the Greymane Wall — an enormous stone barrier that now separates Gilneas from Lordaeron.WoWRPG 20 Attempting to forever remove his nation from what he considered "other people's troubles", he barricaded Gilneas behind the wall. No one, not even other humans are allowed to enter Gilneas. Even during the Scourge's invasion of Lordaeron, while human refugees came begging to be allowed in, the Greymane Wall remained closed. Nevertheless, more refugees and other nations have entreated Gilneas for aid. These unfortunates never see a Gilnean and are easy prey for the worgen that occasionally stray south from Shadowfang Keep."

I got that from Wowwiki, so that is the history of the wall as far as I know. But what you said is understandable, it just twists the arm of the lore in a weird way. But I give up, I don't even play the game anymore lol. As long as the current players are happy with these silly changes I suppose its fine. I lost most of my respect for Blizzard anyway when they changed Deathknights from powerful warriors who traded their souls to the lich king in exchange for power into random hero number 50 who got killed in Northrend.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Grizzly Hills

I gathered up all the Neogaf info I could. Most is either from Somethingawful or MMO-champion. There's pretty big spoilers and a lot of weird shit but some of the stuff does actually make sense based on in-game data. Some is already posted but oh well.

Spoiler: show
    Malfurion comes back and helps activate the new Guardian of Tirisfal - Thrall. Thrall hands over leadership of Horde to Garrosh Hellscream while Thrall serves as a coordinator for both Horde and Alliance forces and players to combat the Naga and Black Dragonflight. Garrosh declares open war on the Alliance, and you can expect more Wintergrasp like areas on the old map. Due to some political manipulations, Cairne Bloodhoof gets painted as a betrayer and is murdered by Garrosh. Cairne's son takes over as Tauren chief.

For Worgen, the Cataclysm brings the Greymane wall down, revealing their secret -- that the worgen curse has ravaged the kingdom. They've managed to find a cure that keeps their human mind permanently but also keeps them in their worgen form. Seeing that they can no longer survive alone, the worgen residents of Gilneas rejoin the Alliance.

As for Goblins, Deathwing calls on the goblins as slaves like he has in the past. Their leader decides to go with Deathwing and enslaves his people because there's no crossing Deathwing and surviving. Fortunately, a large group manages to escape and join the Horde, knowing that they can't go it alone. (this is weird but fits a pattern)

The level cap is 85. New landmasses include islands that are raised as a result of the cataclysm, underwater zones, and the newly-redone old-world zones. Flying mounts will be useable in Azeroth. Many old-world dungeons are changed completely.

Half the point of Cataclysm is to remake the old quest lines, eliminate redundancy and give an overall narrative to all players, whether level 1 or 80. At any particular vanilla area, you can expect to see reconstruction/relief efforts, or all out war between Horde and Alliance NPC's. Wailing Caverns is going to be completely redone into a lush green tropical area, as a result of the druids working their magic to prevent it from falling into lava.

Leveling from 80-85 will be a MUCH bigger deal. Initially in 2008, they considered not raising the level cap at all, as making those quests takes a lot of manpower away from raiding content. But they are trying to make the story so grand and sweeping that ding'ing will actually MEAN something and not just be something you do.

Expect a couple of underwater cities to be on the backs of giant sea turtles and whales.

Make no mistake, the Old God content is not done. Since Netharion and Azshara both have ties to Old Gods, it is now clear that the SERIES wide antagonists of WoW are the Old Gods. (I don't understand this part)

As I said, the part about Cairne makes a lot of sense because in the latest PTR Patch, all the quests given by Cairne's son have been removed from the game and a new NPC has been created to take his place. Cairne's son is missing from the current version of the game. (this is the in-game data stuff I mentioned)

Maybe this is all bogus and we can laugh about it later, but some things seem to fit in a disturbing way to me, especially the npc. X_x

it'll be funny when this is all bogus

it'll be even moreso funny to see all of you rage if its even true.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvin View Post
    it'll be funny when this is all bogus

it'll be even moreso funny to see all of you rage if its even true.

It'll be funny sitting on the sidelines, watching Wow turn into shit and finally implode. God im so glad I quit last week.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

hmm worgen for alliance.... worgens are skinnable, i wonder if blizz gonna let us skin some taurens.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

hmm worgen for alliance.... worgens are skinnable, i wonder if blizz gonna let us skin some taurens.
    I welcome you to try. You'll be dead before you lift your gun >:D

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast