Closed Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Celeste

They'd need to implement these drastic changes if they have any hope of me resubscribing.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Sure is a lot of

http://i27.tinypic.com/ilknz5.png

in here...

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I do find it funny that people whine so hard about the lore when everything (EVERYTHING) got retconned to hell in WC3 and WoW. Orcs weren't corrupted by blood in WC1, they were just a warrior race who liked to smash. As long as they keep the plot interesting and reasonably reasonable, who cares if they reneg on some passing statement some NPC once made.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

ugh who even cares about lore, just let me kill some shit and get some shit like usual

Quote Originally Posted by EternityEnd View Post
    Blowing up two continents so that they can re-use more areas instead of making new ones, contradicting dozens of previous lore points, and using deus ex machina to let Thrall attain supreme power while at the same time throwing aside all of his previous ambitions and vision for the New Horde isn't "continuing the story".
    so what do you think would be the better course of action (outside of emerald dream) that blizzard could have taken?

people shitstormed about wrath of the lichkings and how deathknights wouldnt have worked so well in the LOREOMGLOLOL storyline and now people for the most part think its fine.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arvin View Post
    so what do you think would be the better course of action (outside of emerald dream) that blizzard could have taken?

people shitstormed about wrath of the lichkings and how deathknights wouldnt have worked so well in the LOREOMGLOLOL storyline and now people for the most part think its fine.
    I'm sure most people who think Deathkinghts are retarded mcfail still think that, but there is no point in crying over it anymore. It's not like they are gonna remove them from the game lol.

Blizzard has a ton of options open to them, there are numerous Islands yet to be explored, including Pandaren, Undermine, and Kul Tiras. They also have the entire Maelstrom to look into, which would be quite awesome.

I think it is pretty funny though that according to that comic the order of trisfal is put back together due to what Malygos is doing up in Northrend, when just about everyone who has a level 80 character has killed Malygos months ago by now.

I wonder if Illidan will be training people to be Demon hunters in Cataclysm too!

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

The Maelstrom storyline would've been an excellent one to pursue, so long as it didn't involve contradicting everything they've previously said about anything.

Night Elves abhor the Arcane, and exiled the Highborne for refusing to stop using it. They wouldn't become Mages, especially when the Maelstrom will involve fighting Queen Azshara.

Trolls aren't and never have been druids. Gnomes aren't religious.

Tauren can't be fucking paladins. They believe in the Earth Mother, not the Holy Light.

Dwarven shamans? I don't even...

Thrall would never abdicate his post as Warchief in favor of allowing the warmongering Garrosh to lead. Have you not seen how pissed off Thrall has been with Garrosh lately?

Thrall being captured by someone, rescued by goblins, and becoming Guardian of Tirisfal... None of that makes the least bit of sense, and doesn't follow any sort of lore.

Cairne being murdered by Garrosh? What the fuck? So wait, Blizzard, I assume the Tauren are now leaving the Horde and joining the Alliance? What, no? Such logic! Let's all allow our allies to murder our leaders, then play nice.

well since everybody here is acting like all the somethingawful goon told people is fucking finalized ill just pretend it is to

1. maelstrom is involved, so youre wrong on the first part

2/3/4. a lot of class mixes dont make any sense at all according to lore, a few extra ones wont matter

5. hey, its not the end of fucking wotlk who knows what thrall will feel like after we kill arthas

6. that is stupid logic. you arent even given enough of the story to jump to this kind of conclusion. all you hear is "cairne is murdered" but you dont hear WHY EXACTLY HE IS OR WHAT THE STORY IS BEHIND IT.

people

crying

so

fucking

much

holy shit

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

well since everybody here is acting like all the somethingawful goon told people is fucking finalized ill just pretend it is to

1. maelstrom is involved, so youre wrong on the first part

2/3/4. a lot of class mixes dont make any sense at all according to lore, a few extra ones wont matter

5. hey, its not the end of fucking wotlk who knows what thrall will feel like after we kill arthas

6. that is stupid logic. you arent even given enough of the story to jump to this kind of conclusion. all you hear is "cairne is murdered" but you dont hear WHY EXACTLY HE IS OR WHAT THE STORY IS BEHIND IT.

people

crying

so

fucking

much

holy shit
    1) What? I don't think you read what I said.

2/3/4) No, they almost all make sense currently.

5) Yeah, because apparently so much is going to change, what with the fact that the MMO-Champion trash says the Alliance and Horde are in all-out war with Garrosh leading.

6) No, I used logic to infer the... Wait for it... logical outcome of Garrosh murdering the Tauren faction leader. (Most likely because Cairne is a staunch Thrall supporter and peace-activist, and Garrosh wants a fourth war.)

It's okay though, keep kissing Blizzard's ass no matter what they do. Regardless of what you with your legendary believe, they can do wrong, and deserve to be critiqued.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

It's not that they can do no wrong, but it's their storyline and anything that gets retconned for the next expansion is really not any worse than what they've been doing with the franchise since Beyond the Dark Portal. Crying in advance is allowed (assuming the most drastic of lore revisions is true) I guess but you need to recognize it for what it is: More of the Same. 'member when folks were whining that Yogg-Saron wasn't allowed to be anywhere but underneath Azjol-Nerub? Yeah, where you think this other Old God is going to make his dwelling? Think that's going to make any sense even after you kill him? Welcome to MMOs, we hope you enjoyed your stay.

ITT: lots of closed minded people.

It's not like any characters can change their minds or anything about certain ideas or values they have. GOD FORBID THERE IS CHANGE!

Quote Originally Posted by Moosey View Post
    ITT: lots of closed minded people.

It's not like any characters can change their minds or anything about certain ideas or values they have. GOD FORBID THERE IS CHANGE!
    I love you, so much that it could be considered bestiality.

and for the first time ever, I am actually siding and agreeing with correction. (I think maybe the first time ever)

1) What? I don't think you read what I said.

2/3/4) No, they almost all make sense currently.

5) Yeah, because apparently so much is going to change, what with the fact that the MMO-Champion trash says the Alliance and Horde are in all-out war with Garrosh leading.

6) No, I used logic to infer the... Wait for it... logical outcome of Garrosh murdering the Tauren faction leader. (Most likely because Cairne is a staunch Thrall supporter and peace-activist, and Garrosh wants a fourth war.)

It's okay though, keep kissing Blizzard's ass no matter what they do. Regardless of what you with your legendary believe, they can do wrong, and deserve to be critiqued.
    afaik, anybody paying their monthly payments or have played a blizzard created game is kissing their ass, including yourself.

so yeah, my legendary and I will continue to play WoW regardless of how they take the storyline. I'm happy with my dranaei from outer space, blood elf UFO, yogg-saron in the wrong location, killing onyxia once again, non logical class and race mixing, and weird plot twists. im glad you threw in my legendary, it makes me so much more wise than you its ridiculous dude, maybe you should pick one up.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

You sound like Aurik. But no, I don't pay them monthly fees. Try again!

Keep ignoring the contradictions, whatever. This is by far the most drastic lorelol Blizzard has ever pulled, and I'm calling it what it is. You can continue to suck their cock in order to get your unhealthy MMO fix, however. Glad you think a legendary is an actual accomplishment nowadays.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Good to see you pay such reverence to hard-to-get legendaries like Atiesh, so rich in lore wait what the fuck is that piece of iit doing with C'Thun?

Valanyr is a random drop off Flame Leviathan right?

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Well, to answer your question, it was on C'thun because Brann Bronzebeard dropped it in Ahn'Qiraj.

Glad to see none of you actually debate with facts, though. Only idiots argue with "itz blizz lol dey could make peon kill sargeras and id b lik OMG COOL bcuz like itz blizz dood. get out w/ logic"

For future reference: It's better to try refuting facts I bring up instead of saying LALALALALALORELOLOLLOREdgubw;h2 and making yourself look like an idiot. But yeah, sorry, I should totally adhere to everything you spew because you waste your time getting NUMBA ONE cool item on a game. rofl

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Well, to answer your question, it was on C'thun because Brann Bronzebeard dropped it in Ahn'Qiraj.
    And everything that's going to happen in the new expansion is going to be because X, Y and Z. You may not like the explanations but it will get explained, just like they explained random shit from Vanilla "Hey didn't we already kill the shade of eranikus at level 50?" to Sunwell "Tempest Keep was just a minor setback!"

And with zero confirmed details you condemn anybody with faith in the process of new lore in WoW as a cocksucker who can't argue facts. Nice.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Details were just confirmed by the comic. It's enough to give the story the reasonable credibility it didn't have before, which is sad.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Plot twists, unexpected alliances, old grievences forgotten and new one created. Assasinations and catastrophic events changing the entire world. Seem's pretty good to me really.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast