Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hunter and Haste     submit to reddit submit to twitter

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Naramaska View Post
    holy fuck thank you! this is gonna save me money switching back n' forth to test stuff lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Toxictaru View Post
    tbh, I wouldn't even stress about ArP even until you start dipping in to Ulduar. Unless you have a bit of luck and a ton of time (as in, able to run every heroic every day), you're probably going to gear through heroics and then get the scrap Naxx run that might get set up during the week.
    We've been spamming 5 man heroics (and normal toc) everyday to the point that we basically are just 4 manning it all now. So gotta start running the 10 man ones lol

ArPs usefulness in Naxx is not nearly as good as it is in Ulduar. Realistically, stack AP/Agi, depending on how you feel (I personally prefer AP on BM and I've managed to stay at a pretty consistent 4.5k average dps), and worry about the rest as your gear gets better. Don't bother with epic gems if you're wearing blues or 200 epics, as you WILL replace them very quickly doing H ToC and heroics regularly, and it ends up being a waste of money.
    Well I do epic gems on all my slots just because I do a lot of BGs until the boytoy gets home for heroic runs. I've got the deadly/hateful pieces I can get with honor so I just spend the honor on gems, and one of my static's is a jewelcrafter so he'll make me the gems for free. XD

Differing opinions here about haste, but unless white damage is a significant source of your overall damage (which is kind of a bad thing), its not going to help very much at all. Once steady shot is down to 1.5s, which should come naturally and easily off of Naxx10 gear, its a wasted stat, and shouldn't ever be something you're actively striving to get. Honestly, if your GM is saying haste is omgawesome, he is an omgretard. And yeah, even if he isn't trying, 800 dps over your fresh 80 that uses a spec that isn't exactly amazing without amazing gear, he is doing it completely wrong, especially if he is SV.
    we didn't do heroics with him yesterday outside of CoS so I'll see how I do in SV spec against him hopefully today.

SV is easy-button, the rotation compared to MM/BM is mostly the same, with the signature shots being the only significant difference. If you are giving SV a try, biggest thing is to keep serpent sting up, BA whenever, Explosive Shot when its up, Arcane shot when its up, and fill in the blanks with steady shot. Generally I sit there and spam steady shot while I wait for cooldowns, hit that, go back to steady, wait for next cooldown and hit it, steady some more, rince and repeat. Hunter is about rotation, but its rotation is so very easy to get used to.
    arcane is on the same timer as ES can't use it in SV

I'd focus a lot less on your DPS right now, as its not going to be stellar off a fresh ding to 80. Instead, accept that its not going to be great and work on getting the gear to make you better. Its not too hard, I did my pally from greens/quest blues to basically full 219/226 (with some 232 and 245 for good measure) in a matter of 3 weeks, and now am in top 5 dps in Ulduar25. Conquest items are freaking awesome, and if you just keep doing a lot of heroics, you'll be rewarded nicely. The gear is trivial at that point, and the biggest thing is mastering the rotation.

Bottom line: EJ good, GM bad.
    a lot of the dps questions is based on my static is this: hunter palli shaman mage....I have to out dps the mage...I have to...he's chinese, I can't let him win BWHAHAHA

srly though I like to try to keep up with him or more just cause my static likes to be self sufficient. Being about to 4 man the heroics makes our life easier since we don't have to grap a pickup. So better the dps> the easier it is on the 4 of us.

I am gathering ArP gear though because I find LnL semi-annoying to deal with (and will probably start giving me headaches overtime). Just cause I wanna switch back to MM asap when it seems like it's back to the same as SV lmao

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    ^, except arcane share CD with explosive shot
    This. Once you go SV, you should almost unlearn arcane.

Old Lady Harem of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mne Jing
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Forgive me on the Arcane, its been quite a few months since I've played SV :D

And if you're doing a lot of honor, then by all means, spam the epics, they're basically free, so no big deal. My source is my JC/Miner that I don't bother with much any more, so I am a bit frugal in that department (needs to be at least 219 for me to do it )

Self-sufficiency will come sooner than you think. As I said, if you are spamming heroics, you're bound to be swimming in badges, which are a fantastic source of good gear. The problem is, your mage will probably come out higher than you overall, their AoE is better than yours, so on trash you're going to see them do a significantly larger portion of the damage. Overall damage on Recount is misleading, because trash is, well, trash. I'd be more interested to see damage on bosses, as that is where it really matters, and where you are more able to shine.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

so today we did H Toc 5 man:

Edric:

GM: 3457.9
    Me: 2810.1

Black knight fight:

GM: 3260.7
    Me:3047.2

getting there bitches

Also True-aim Long Rifle dropped so I am a happy cookie atm.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mne Jing
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

GG way to show him how to play hunter. Grats on the gun, its a pretty good piece of gear.

Ridill
    BG Level

One important thing to remember about EJ:

Shit changes, often. Sometimes OP's don't get updated.

If you're going to rely heavily on EJ, you *HAVE* to stay up to date with the thread.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mne Jing
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Totally agree, but for the most part they are pretty consistent about doing PTR testing and the such. Typically, that means that the information is readily available for the current patch by the second or third day after it dropped. Its good to go back and check in, but it is reasonable to assume that once a thread has been updated for the current patch, its probably going to remain the same until the next major patch that has new gear/class changes.

EJ isn't the point though