Closed Thread

Thread: Fishing for Accounts     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Celeste

Fishing for Accounts

I just love it when you receive e-mails from dipshits trying to grab your WoW account. I love it even more when 12 year olds take this seriously and actually give their account information out. Tough luck for them, but hey, post funny e-mails that concern your WoW account.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    Greetings!
    It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell/trade your personal World of Warcraft account(s).
    As you may or may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.
    If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled. It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees.
    If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership. If the information is deemed accurate, the investigation will be dropped.
    This action is taken because we at Blizzard Entertainment take these sales
    quite seriously. We need to confirm you are the original owner of the account.
    This is easiest done by confirming your personal information along with concealed information about your account.
    You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account by replying to this email with:

Use the following template below to verify your account and information via email.
    * First and Surname
    * Date of birth
    * Address
    * Zip code
    * Phone number
    * Country
    * Account e-mail
    * Account name
    * Account password
    * Secret Question and Answer
    -Or-
    WoW CD-Key
    Show * Please enter the correct information
    If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently. Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.
    We ask you to NOT change password until the investigation is fully completed.
    Blizzard Entertainment Inc
    Account Administration Team
    P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92623
    Regards,
    Account Administration Team
    Blizzard Entertainment
    Old tactics are old.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

I get like 2-3 emails a week saying Blizzard thinks I'm selling my account, but the link obviously is for blizz.net not .com. Sigh, stupid people. Glad I got an authenticator incase I ever accidentally fall for this...

Celeste

Blizz.net, eh? All the ones I get are from vip.eyou.com

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

They should also be asking for the last 4 digits of the person's SS, such fail for not including that

Quote Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
    I just love it when you receive e-mails from dipshits trying to grab your WoW account. I love it even more when 12 year olds take this seriously and actually give their account information out. Tough luck for them, but hey, post funny e-mails that concern your WoW account.

Old tactics are old.
    LOL at this little gem:
    We ask you to NOT change password until the investigation is fully completed.
    Well at least this letter/scam does not evoke the wrath of Raptorpic and I sincerely hope no one fell for it no matter their age.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sirenia Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Velen

I get that email like once a day.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Just got this one today. With all the Cataclysm news I bet many people will fall for it. DON'T BE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Subject: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Beta Opt In

Greetings,

Following the great success of Blizzcon 2009 and the announcement of the next World of Warcraft expansion, World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, we have decided to open the opt-in for the Cataclysm beta test. In the beta test you will be given an opportunity to provide your feedback on the overall gameplay experience as well as experience new playable worgen and goblin races, new zones, professions and more. For a full list of features please go here.

We will be selecting account holders of Battle.net and World of Warcraft accounts who opted-in at random to participate in the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Beta Test. To opt-in for the beta test please visit the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm website which can be accessed here.

In order to be eligible for the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - Beta Opt In you will need to have a valid World of Warcraft subscription or Battle.net account in good standing as of August 25, 2009.

Should you be selected to participate in the beta test you will be able to transfer your characters onto our test realm and embark on the epic journey against the dreaded Deathwing!
    We look forward to working with you in the World of Warcraft: Cataclsym Beta test.

Thank you,
    Dustin Browder,
    Lead Designer
    Blizzard Entertainment
    Links take you to worldofTwarcraft.com. Don't be fooled

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle View Post
    Just got this one today. With all the Cataclysm news I bet many people will fall for it. DON'T BE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Links take you to worldofTwarcraft.com. Don't be fooled
    wish I had read this last night excitement got the better of me. Goodbye all of my gear. I guess I interrupted them midway through, half of my priests gear was gone, and my Warrior still had all of his shit.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Dont worry to much, the Gms are actually helpful in this game and should recover most of your stuff and gold. Don't give up yet!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Ha thanks, I've got an e-mail out as we speak. From what friends have told me/it clearly states in the e-mail, I'll have to send them proof of my identity to get the account back - unfortunate, since tonight was to be algalon night, but oh well, as long as it works out in the end. I will give them that they have a convincing website - all the links redirecting to the normal cataclysm site was a nice touch

Cerberus
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Frostmane

They are getting desperate every day they are now using 110MB.com for hosting their phising website.

Does the lead designer usually send out form letters to customers like that?

Quote Originally Posted by keithleonard1992 View Post
    wish I had read this last night excitement got the better of me. Goodbye all of my gear. I guess I interrupted them midway through, half of my priests gear was gone, and my Warrior still had all of his shit.
    /facepalm. I'll leave it at that..