Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Thanks for the input, just for clarification rdm/war with joytoy is a better choice than rdm/nin with joy main and kraken off for sword WS but more tp?

Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I remember reading somewhere that the amount of exp required from Campaign battles for a rank up caps depending on how long it's been since the last rank up. Are these caps known? If so, how much is required each rank if you're getting a promotion every 5 days? I've heard 5k thrown around, but wanted to double check.
    Well, I believe this to be true. Back when I.R update came along I was 20 days into my wings3 rank, and it took roughly 13k EXP/AN. Every rankup after that, when I ranked up exactly after the 5 days, was a LOT less. I even surprise ranked up to medal2 the other day when I think i had only done maybe 8k in EXP/AN and spoke to the guy.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuko_Asura View Post
    While we're on the subject, how does MNK/DNC fair in the world of Campaign?
    Not too bad. I switch between this and war/dnc (the only upside to war/dnc in campaign compared to mnk is that retaliation gives tp return, and counter doesn't)

But depending on your merits, and Chakra gear, Mnk/Dnc can do fairly well in campaign for survivability on Non-General mobs. And does pretty decent at capping xp.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I remember reading somewhere that the amount of exp required from Campaign battles for a rank up caps depending on how long it's been since the last rank up. Are these caps known? If so, how much is required each rank if you're getting a promotion every 5 days? I've heard 5k thrown around, but wanted to double check.
    Yeah. It's roughly 5k Allied notes (NOT the exp). I have ranked up over 10 ranks straight every 5 day with that amount. The longer you wait, the more you need. Not sure the exact ratio for it.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
    Yeah. It's roughly 5k Allied notes (NOT the exp). I have ranked up over 10 ranks straight every 5 day with that amount. The longer you wait, the more you need. Not sure the exact ratio for it.
    I think it was Kaylia (Ifrit) that discovered it was 1K Allied Notes per day. So 5K sounds about right if you get an evaluation right after the 5 days. And requiring an additional 1k Allied note per day after that sounds reasonable/correct.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Gergall View Post
    If you're going to go PLD/RDM and skip the damage mitigation (phalanx and stoneskin), why not try PLD/SCH? Sublimation, stratagems, cheaper cures and those precious -na spells FTW
    Don't skip phalanx - you still want to mitigate damage with /RDM, or at least I do the way I play it. I'd also consider dispelling warcry if the mob your fighting isn't getting it spammed by other nearby beastmen, depending on MP. Mitigating damage makes your MP last longer, and lets you spend more time swinging a sword and less time curing yourself. Stoneskin seems less useful, since getting hit for 0 means no TP from Shield Mastery.

Like I said, you'll take less damage and hence cure less damage, but you also do more. Dia II, enspells, dispelling defense boost, and spending 100% of your TP on Atonement all add up.

I'm sure /SCH could work ok too. You'll run out of MP faster than /RDM or /DNC, but the na's and reraise would be nice.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by belzedar View Post
    Don't skip phalanx - you still want to mitigate damage with /RDM, or at least I do the way I play it. I'd also consider dispelling warcry if the mob your fighting isn't getting it spammed by other nearby beastmen, depending on MP. Mitigating damage makes your MP last longer, and lets you spend more time swinging a sword and less time curing yourself. Stoneskin seems less useful, since getting hit for 0 means no TP from Shield Mastery.

Like I said, you'll take less damage and hence cure less damage, but you also do more. Dia II, enspells, dispelling defense boost, and spending 100% of your TP on Atonement all add up.

I'm sure /SCH could work ok too. You'll run out of MP faster than /RDM or /DNC, but the na's and reraise would be nice.
    There are arguments for both but I did want to address the part about making MP last longer.

/SCH has Penury every 2 minutes (plus you start with 2 charges banked), Conserve MP, Light Arts, and Sublimation. If that wasn't enough you can jump over to Dark Arts and cast Aspir (and Drain too while you're on Dark anyway) then jump right back to Light Arts. While trivial, /SCH also has an extra Clear Mind and higher max MP.

I can't say for a fact that it's better than /RDM, but I do believe that it will be very good at stretching out that MP.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Does anyone have the topic bookmarked where people posted a video of a kraken taru drk zerging the last 20% of ultima and then others discussed how they use rotating kraken drks to take ultima down 20% at a time? I'm not as interested in the video as I am the thread itself because it had some excellent information. I tried searching of course without any luck. Thanks!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

There are arguments for both but I did want to address the part about making MP last longer.

/SCH has Penury every 2 minutes (plus you start with 2 charges banked), Conserve MP, Light Arts, and Sublimation. If that wasn't enough you can jump over to Dark Arts and cast Aspir (and Drain too while you're on Dark anyway) then jump right back to Light Arts. While trivial, /SCH also has an extra Clear Mind and higher max MP..
    My curiosity has been piqued. Has anyone actually tried this? I don't think I'd take /SCH from 1-37 for it, but it does sound fun.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post

My 75 jobs are blm, rdm, rng, and cor with all appropriate sj's such as /nin, /war, /drk, /sam, /drg, /whm, and working on /dnc.

Honorable mentions are I have a kraken club, joytoy, as well as club/marksmanship merits along with necessary gear sets for meleeing.

Please let me know what you think is the best job/weapon combination and what my battle strategy should be. Thanks in advance.
    You should give RNG/DNC a shot especially since you have kclub.

Use a weak crossbow (repeating xbow works) and bronze bolts and spam away. You usually won't pull hate (as KC RNG usually does) so you should be able to stay alive just with dnc sub. You just have to be careful about your position to avoid counters/counterstance.

Widescan is always nice too to see the incoming wave or to scout out those soloing mobs far away. There's some other fun to be had but I think you'll figure it out quickly on your own.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raizins View Post
    You should give RNG/DNC a shot especially since you have kclub.

Use a weak crossbow (repeating xbow works) and bronze bolts and spam away. You usually won't pull hate (as KC RNG usually does) so you should be able to stay alive just with dnc sub. You just have to be careful about your position to avoid counters/counterstance.

Widescan is always nice too to see the incoming wave or to scout out those soloing mobs far away. There's some other fun to be had but I think you'll figure it out quickly on your own.
    Don't use such a low delay weapon if you're KCing..

If you want to save money use whatever gun you have at 75 and buy cheap bullets(Really, only bullets would work and they're 70k per 12 pouches less than silver.) I wouldn't stray from silver though.. you only consume one when you WS and you'll be using most of your tp on healing yourself anyway.

KC rdm/drk is very very fun, though. Starlight's no joke!

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

i actually use repeating because the only other xbow i have space for is obow.

unless youre soloing a mob, you rarely have to really heal yourself. just put up drain samba and ws as fast as possible. even with the low damage you will easily cap allied notes/xp.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raizins View Post
    i actually use repeating because the only other xbow i have space for is obow.

unless youre soloing a mob, you rarely have to really heal yourself. just put up drain samba and ws as fast as possible. even with the low damage you will easily cap allied notes/xp.
    You KC rng with a cumulative 27 damage weapon for slug shotting?

Drain samba alone will absolutely not keep you healed on a campaign mob >.> everything you engage you should be tanking because slug shot spam SHOULD take hate if you aren't purposely gimping yourself because you don't have the inventory. I understand you don't try for good damage on campaign mobs but I'm sure the guy who has KC rng has a gun. Use silver bullets or obow/darksteel(that's more damage than gun+bullets if you want to buy your ammo at 60k per 12x stacks mythril bolts at 40k would be better than gun+bullets, too; I was wrong for saying gun+bullets).

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

have hellfire +1 and culverin +1 for the record . But ya, I'm not carrying shells around lol

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Is there a cap to Fast Cast and Song Casting Time -?

I'VE CHOSEN A TITLE FOR THE LIKES OF YOU!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    NQ called... they want their staves back.
    Darn, I knew I forgot to censor somemore stuff. >;(

I'm working on it, I'm working on it. . . stupid staves. >-<

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

/SCH has Penury every 2 minutes (plus you start with 2 charges banked), Conserve MP, Light Arts, and Sublimation. If that wasn't enough you can jump over to Dark Arts and cast Aspir (and Drain too while you're on Dark anyway) then jump right back to Light Arts. While trivial, /SCH also has an extra Clear Mind and higher max MP.

I can't say for a fact that it's better than /RDM, but I do believe that it will be very good at stretching out that MP.
    Surprised that no one mentioned the advantage of Celerity--> Reprisal

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by LordshadowRagnarok View Post
    Is there a cap to Fast Cast and Song Casting Time -?
    Yes both are limited to 50% reduction in Case time and Recast.

As for the campaign question.

I do RDM/WAR and it works very well. I Goliard body (accuracy is capped) to give me 33% haste (inc spell) and enspell 1.

You will hit the mobs for ~50-150 (depending on your weapon, attack gear, berserk etc) and should get ~20 damage from your enspell. This allows you to build magic and melee damage at the same time.

Soloing normal mobs is the best way to go, stoneskin and phalanx is enough to keep you alive and still take enough damage for you to cure a bit. Vorpal Blade would be the best WS (Death blossom isn't great for pure damage).

Remember to enfeeble, it will give you a little more exp and make AFK tanking easier.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by fusionx View Post
    I've looked around and haven't found this info..

Is there a minimum level required to enter limbus?
    Pretty sure it's 65 like Dynamis but I could be wrong.

Repost:

A friend and I are going to try and do the Stone Gorget quest. Anyone here know what the repop timer is like for the Satiator in Promy-Dem? Is it something we could wait around for or should we leave it a day?

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

What's the recast on SCNM nms?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast