Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

If you fired-up Crysis 2 on a PC yesterday, you were probably a bit frustrated with the game’s paltry graphics settings. “Resolution,” “Full Screen,” “V-Sync,” and a general quality setting just don’t cut it on a platform with thousands of hardware variations. Luckily, a Steam forum has revealed some additional graphics tweaks via console commands. Access the console with “~”, and for graphics options, you’ll want to play with commands 38-47 on the linked list.
    http://blog.machinima.com/insidegami...ettings-on-pc/
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1804138

Code:
    ban (Command)
    ban_remove (Command)
    ban_status (Command)
    ban_timeout = 30 [DUMPTODISK]
    cl_fov = 75 []
    cl_sensitivity = 16.5 [DUMPTODISK]
    cl_sensitivityController = 0.8 [DUMPTODISK]
    cl_sensitivityControllerMP = 0.6 [DUMPTODISK]
    disconnect (Command)
    disconnectchannel (Command)
    gl_GameRules (Command)
    gl_Map (Command)
    g_gamespy_password =  []
    g_gamespy_server_region = 1 []
    g_gamespy_unique_nick =  []
    g_skipIntro = 1 []
    gl_Map (Command)
    i_mouse_accel = 0 [DUMPTODISK]
    i_mouse_accel_max = 100 [DUMPTODISK]
    i_mouse_smooth = 0 [DUMPTODISK]
    kick (Command)
    kickid (Command)
    map (Command)
    net_lobby_gamespy_online_port = 64100 [DUMPTODISK]
    net_lobby_gamespy_server_ping_wait = 10000 [DUMPTODISK]
    pl_movement.power_sprint_targetFov = 75 []
    quit (Command)
    rcon_command (Command)
    rcon_connect (Command)
    rcon_disconnect (Command)
    r_DrawNearFoV = 55 []
    status (Command)
    sv_bind = 0.0.0.0 [REQUIRE_LEVEL_RELOAD]
    sv_gamerules = SinglePlayer []
    sv_gamerulesdefault = SinglePlayer []
    sv_password =  [DUMPTODISK]
    sv_servername =  [DUMPTODISK]
    sys_spec_gameeffects = 3 []
    sys_spec_objectdetail = 3 []
    sys_spec_particles = 3 [] 
    sys_spec_physics = 3 []
    sys_spec_postprocessing = 3 []
    sys_spec_shading = 3 []
    sys_spec_shadows = 3 []
    sys_spec_sound = 3 []
    sys_spec_texture = 3 []
    sys_spec_water = 3 []
    http://pastebin.com/Rzn7gjNb#

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

it is absolutely ridiculous that a PC game has such few graphics settings.

the rest of the release was botched terribly too. hard to believe i was looking forward to this game.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Odin'sLaw View Post
    ...capcom would have been cooler ; ; or Nintendo....want my new Zelda game >.>;
    Why the hell would I want to work for Nintendo, really don't get down to that next nintendogs or that crappy 3DS. New Zelda looks fun however.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aeowin View Post
    Because camping a corner to get killstreaks is more irritating than picking up a dog tag?
    lol what? I don't camp for killstreaks. If you can't rush and still be able to consistently get your high killstreaks, then don't set them so high, that's how bitches play. But when you kill 2 guys, are low on health and have to run into there spawn to pick up dog tags it's a bit retarded when 3 guys will spawn right beside you.

Or like what happened earlier, was picking them off from the other side of the map, on a 6 kill spree. I picked up the dog tags, got another 3 kills but couldn't pick up the dog tags right away from they 3 and the spawns switched to right behind me, so again I lose out on my killstreaks and exp because of it. I get they are trying to make there game stand out from the crowd but this just seems pointless and annoying.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    Why the hell would I want to work for Nintendo, really don't get down to that next nintendogs or that crappy 3DS. New Zelda looks fun however.
    my sister is hoping to work for Nintendo (my dad is a huge Nintendo freak got me a SNES for my 2nd Christmas) but on the translating side

but your right current lineup on the 3DS is crap and for gods sake Nintendo we don't need a 4th installment of the fucking OoT! i've beaten it on the n64 i beat it in the collectors edition on the GameCube and i beat it on the 10 year release on the wii!....fuck Nintendo

and hurry up and announce MHPortable 3rd for NA and EU release since its meant to be the best selling game released by Capcom in Japan (seems a bit of a tall tail but would be cool if it was true)

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Odin'sLaw View Post
    my sister is hoping to work for Nintendo (my dad is a huge Nintendo freak got me a SNES for my 2nd Christmas) but on the translating side

but your right current lineup on the 3DS is crap and for gods sake Nintendo we don't need a 4th installment of the fucking OoT! i've beaten it on the n64 i beat it in the collectors edition on the GameCube and i beat it on the 10 year release on the wii!....fuck Nintendo

and hurry up and announce MHPortable 3rd for NA and EU release since its meant to be the best selling game released by Capcom in Japan (seems a bit of a tall tail but would be cool if it was true)
    I dont work at capcom brosef, I work for EA and after this month there will be no more PSP games, everything getting worked out for the NGP, so look forward to MH 3 on that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

guess they disabled bloom toggle. impossible to see shit in certain maps.

btw been playing mp for a bit. energy transfer seems pretty awesome. hard to choose between that and proximity alarm though. think it's really map dependent.

Roll tide y'all
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Naiya View Post
    lol what? I don't camp for killstreaks. If you can't rush and still be able to consistently get your high killstreaks, then don't set them so high, that's how bitches play. But when you kill 2 guys, are low on health and have to run into there spawn to pick up dog tags it's a bit retarded when 3 guys will spawn right beside you.

Or like what happened earlier, was picking them off from the other side of the map, on a 6 kill spree. I picked up the dog tags, got another 3 kills but couldn't pick up the dog tags right away from they 3 and the spawns switched to right behind me, so again I lose out on my killstreaks and exp because of it. I get they are trying to make there game stand out from the crowd but this just seems pointless and annoying.
    As far as "setting high killstreaks" goes, unless you're referring to CoD, Crysis has pre set killstreaks based on map.

And how is it pointless and annoying? Because you actually have to do something for your killstreak reward? (which all pretty much suck, aside from radar and maximum nano suit) You're really just bitching to bitch at this point. Couldn't find a reason to be mad at a game aside from the way killstreaks work.

God forbid a game be different than the almighty call of duty, which has clearly set a standard for everything related to FPS, aside from being good.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Crysis Wars mp is still better than this cod-style fest.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

As far as "setting high killstreaks" goes, unless you're referring to CoD, Crysis has pre set killstreaks based on map.

And how is it pointless and annoying? Because you actually have to do something for your killstreak reward? (which all pretty much suck, aside from radar and maximum nano suit) You're really just bitching to bitch at this point. Couldn't find a reason to be mad at a game aside from the way killstreaks work.

God forbid a game be different than the almighty call of duty, which has clearly set a standard for everything related to FPS, aside from being good.
    i agree. i really like that you have to work for the killstreak rewards. i don't see it as an annoyance at all and i think that just killing alone for the rewards is a little too easy.

and yeah, complaining about killstreaks (even if i didn't like the system) would be the very last thing i'd complain about lol.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

So basically it's like I predicted - they changed Crysis into Call of Crysis: Medal of Nanosuit.

No wonder they didn't make the demo the SP campaign... then no one would have bothered with the MP... which from the video, looks like a clone of all of EA's FPS.

Can't wait for BF3.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Yes that was refering to cod since you seem to think i'm the type of player that camps for killstreaks, which is incorrect. I just stated how it's annoying, i've died multiple times off a killstreak because when I go to collect the dog tags the spawns switch and multiple guys shoot me in the back.

But I can find plenty to bitch about in the game besides that, hit detection is terrible, using energy to run/jump is stupid, the list goes on.

And lol at that last statement, games can be different sure. Infact I like halo alot more than I like cod, but cod does do alot of things right and it is a good game. Crysis however has just tried to copy alot of aspects from cod and add their own twist and for me it just doesn't work, is Crysis a bad game? no, but in a few months when a newer FPS comes out will many people continue to play Crysis? IMO, hell no.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Enjoyed the campaign beat it in 11 hours, the Mp however, not so much.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

For the unfortunate few that actually bought the pc version here is a way to tweak it

http://pc.ign.com/articles/115/1157524p1.html

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Hit detection is awful, everytime it migrates servers I get left and if I leave I lose all my points and get credited with a loss, I am done with this game, back to playing Battlefield 2.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i'm not even sure i regretted buying ff14 as much as i did this game. as shitty as 14 was/is, it didn't have the ridiculous release issues that are plaguing crysis 2.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

dont know what people are bitching about, the game looks fucking good even with DX9, gonna get even better with upcoming patch, campaign story was awesome as well. Havent tried MP, but then again i dont give a shit about MP.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Naiya View Post
    And lol at that last statement, games can be different sure. Infact I like halo alot more than I like cod, but cod does do alot of things right and it is a good game. Crysis however has just tried to copy alot of aspects from cod and add their own twist and for me it just doesn't work, is Crysis a bad game? no, but in a few months when a newer FPS comes out will many people continue to play Crysis? IMO, hell no.
    Are you kidding? All of EA's last published games - Bad Company 2, Medal of Honor, GoldenEye, and now - Crysis, have all been glorified COD mods.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Are you kidding? All of EA's last published games - Bad Company 2, Medal of Honor, GoldenEye, and now - Crysis, have all been glorified Space invader mods.
    cuz its the first shooter game right?

BG Level

Oh yes, I forgot all the perks, killstreaks, self-healing, and attachments that were rampant in Space Invaders.

Really?