+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Crysis 2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Oh yes, I forgot all the perks, killstreaks, self-healing, and attachments that were rampant in Space Invaders.

Really?
    we used to call it high score but w/e

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Used to? I don't know how long you've been gaming for, but you must be easy to please/fool if you equate "killstreaks" to "high score".

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Master of blackface Range Rover beer bottle throwing.
    BG Level

Bad Company 2 a glorified COD mod? Now you're just trolling.

lol @ bad company 2 being a glorified ANYTHING, that was the worst multiplayer ever birthed by the battlefield franchise

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Used to? I don't know how long you've been gaming for, but you must be easy to please/fool if you equate "killstreaks" to "high score".
    called trollin and god your just terrible for not seeing i was getting at space invaders been one if not the first shooting game >.>

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    http://www.bluesnews.com/s/120173/cr...patch-debunked

No patch was ever confirmed, I have no idea why this website even posted such information. This thread is locked just the same as the others for trying to spread inaccurate information. When there are any big announcements regarding Crysis 2 they will be posted on MyCrysis, if you read something about a patch for example, but don't see it on MyCrysis.com, then it isn't genuine.
    Hope you're enjoying this pile of shit!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

whoops lol..
    *coughpcgamingisdeadcough*
    that realy sucks tho
    The last hope i have for PC gaming is Stalker 2... i pray they actually take advantage of the last 3 years tech upgrades

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

hurrdurr... http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...ical-analysis/

Basically this guy's whining that the game doesn't have as many trees.

BG Level

I think some people are being a little too hard on it. I agree that the original Crysis was a technical marvel and definitely felt more open, but Crysis 2 certainly isn't an ugly game. Multiplayer aside as I don't much care for it, the campaign mode is beautiful despite being limited to DX9 and still pushes graphics cards. If once DX11 is implemented it improves water and uses tessellation as well as improved lighting then it will look even better. I can't comment on the story or writing yet as I haven't finished the campaign, but I actually enjoyed Crysis and Crysis: Warhead campaigns so if it is anything similar I will probably enjoy this too.

Anyway, I posted a few screens of the PC version in the screenshots thread for anyone interested.

Oh also, if you're playing this on PC, make sure you make an autoexec.cfg in the game folder and change to FOV to 70, or 75. (80 seems to get a fisheye lens effect for me at 1080p.)

EDIT: here's mine

Code:
    g_skipIntro=1
    cl_fov=70
    pl_movement.power_sprint_targetFov=70
    i_mouse_accel=0
    i_mouse_smooth=0
    cl_zoomToggle=1
    cl_crouchtoggle=1

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

pfffthahahaha

For demonstration purpose only. Crysis2.exe was not hacked. No external hack application is running in the background. Just a few tweaks client side.
    Tweaks: Energy+/Nanovision+/Speed+/Damages+

BG Level

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous, apparently there was no anti-cheat whatsoever. You could extract the ini files and change them to cheat really easily. There are trainers out now that work in both single player and multiplayer too. Also, people with pirated versions of the game can play online on official servers and stuff, lol. No idea how they fucked that up so badly, probably best to avoid the MP for a while.

Tio Derp
    DHC Glitch of the House of Weave

BG Level

Hmm, just bought the LE version of the game used but didn't realize the code was not even inside. Blaaaaaah

Anyone not using their code willing to part with it?

BTW lol@ infra-red video

Tio Derp
    DHC Glitch of the House of Weave

BG Level

Hmm, just bought the LE version of the game used but didn't realize the code was not even inside. Blaaaaaah

Anyone not using their code willing to part with it?

BTW lol@ infra-red video

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

I don't know what to think of the multiplayer just yet (xbox 360 version). It is nice to have a break from call of duty (mostly mw2, black ops is a piece of shit), but at the same time it feels like I am hating many of the same elements. Poorly designed user based host system (I have yet to see anyone in a green connection except for the host) and inconsistency with bullet damage and hit detection, as well as the random all pro hip fire accuracy.

Also could they clutter the screen and audio any more? Seriously, I know when my cloak is engaged and when I use my armor ability, stop fucking telling me every god damn time.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

It's no Crysis but it's still a very pretty game. You just have to keep moving so you don't notice some of the lower quality textures! I'm sure they'll get eventually tweaked by some modding team.

Anyone having problems with disabling blur and lower frames?

1.9 patch coming out next week, which will add DX11 support.

I might fire it up again. I bought it, played 1-2 levels in SP, played like 1 round of MP, and haven't played the game since....

https://secure.mycrysis.com/forums/v...p?f=40&t=32220

Hi guys,

Below are the patch notes for Patch 1.9, this is also the patch that will enable DX11 Support (available via a separate download). We're aiming to have this patch live and available to you all next week. As always we're interested to hear your comments/thoughts on these changes so please post them below.

Crysis 2 Patch 1.9

• Added Contact Shadows
    • Added DX11 benchmark level
    • Added DX11 support for Crysis 2 (the following features only work when downloading the optional DX11 package here):
    • - Tessellation + Displacement Mapping
    • - High Quality HDR Motion Blur
    • - Realistic Shadows with Variable Penumbra
    • - Sprite Based Bokeh Depth of Field
    • - Parallax Occlusion Mapping
    • - Particles Motion Blur, Shadows and Art Updates
    • - Water Rendering improvements and using Tessellation + Displacement Mapping
    • Added Realtime Local Reflections
    • Added support for Higher Res Textures Package
    • Added various new console variables to whitelist
    • Fixed bullet penetration, which had been broken by a bug introduced with the DLC 2 patch
    • Fixed issue in MP where player stats weren't always saved at the end of a game
    • Fixed issue in MP where player stats would sometimes randomly reset
    • Fixed issue with MP time played statistic, which would sometimes be too low on leaderboards and in stats
    • Fixed issue with JAW rocket not firing through window's containing broken glass
    • Fixed rare issue where a user could not access MP with a valid CD key if they had previously used an invalid CD key
    • Improved advanced graphics options menu
    • Improved anti-cheat measurements: fixed exploit which could prevent vote kicking working against a user
    • Improved multi-GPU support
    • Improved Tone Mapping
    • Re-added possibility to enable r_StereoSupportAMD via config file (unsupported)
    The high res texture pack and DX11 pack were available here, but they took the page down. The links to the downloads were broken, then they put them up on the site sometime this morning. I managed to grab both of them, but they took them down again. The patch is needed to install them apparently.

http://www.mycrysis.com/dx11

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5