+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Crysis 2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Not a fan of the demo, at least the couple times I played it. Very much a copy of CoD multiplayer, only felt very clunky and unbalanced. (inb4 so it really is a copy of CoD)

Happy about the PC beta. Can't even fucking play the 360 one because mine isn't wired lol.

Ridill
    BG Level

Master of blackface Range Rover beer bottle throwing.
    BG Level

Someone fucked up big, full beta version of the PC game got leaked on to torrent sites. Not sure if the multi works but it's apparently the full single player.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Did you try it Brojin? Haven't tried anything outside of the MP which I didn't like.

BG Level

Not yet. It's supposedly a little buggy with it being a beta build but I may try it out just to see how it runs on my PC. There have been a few videos on youtube though and it looks pretty decent.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I fucking loved the MP beta so hard.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well they technically deserve this leak because of the linear bullshit they've pulled for two. Fucking sell outs.

Anyone got it uploaded on megaupload or something? Bit scared to dl the torrent as I'm sure they'll be watching the IP's like a hawk

BG Level

It's 9.21 GB, prob less hassle to torrent it.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Linear? You mean they took out the "explore anywhere take any path" crap and there's no more sandbox? Great.

Sorry, I'm really getting sick of them porting games from XBox to PC so they can dumb it down and put it on consoles. What made the first Crysis great was the fact that it looked so damn good on PC and couldn't be RUN on consoles. They let us mod the game, and they had unique multiplayer (that could have been improved).

If the multiplayer on this is a clone of COD/MOH multiplayer like all of the other "sequels" they have been doing (Goldeneye, MOHMC, etc) I'm passing on it.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The multiplayer has class loadouts and killstreaks. I lost all interest when I saw that. No more buying stuff that you need to be unique for yourself to win.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

The game is not being developed on 360 and being ported to PC/PS3, all three platforms were developed simultaneously.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    The multiplayer has class loadouts and killstreaks. I lost all interest when I saw that.
    Personally I haven't played it outside of the MP, I haven't seen SP at all and since it is being developed outside the US/Candar, I have nothing to do with the project, EA Europe does, how do you know its Linear and not sandbox, it is supposed to be a sandbox. I'm pretty sure you haven't played it, as you made the linear comment way prior to the leak.

BG Level

From the PC gameplay youtube videos of the leak, it still looks like it may be sandbox still, I'm not sure until I try it out myself though. Still looks beautiful despite this beta leak being limited to DX9 (and medium settings apparently). I've heard people complain that they miss the jungles from the first game, but I actually quite like the change of pace and putting it in a major city.

Anyway, EA seems to be actively pulling leaked gameplay vids off youtube, so best to just go and search Crysis 2 on youtube, arrange the search to date most recent and then look at the gameplay vids uploaded very recently.

Here's a good vid of some single player gameplay on PC:

Better if you watch it in HD on yt.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Game is looks and plays awesome. I was able to get multiplayer to work on PC but its Lan only as of now.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/788...1212191573.jpg
    http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/4...1212255809.jpg

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1...1212262800.jpg

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Bit curious if the retail versions' higher settings will allow deformation/destruction of objects, as the world felt pretty static in the videos I've seen so far, but it could just be something either locked out of the beta due to medium details (given Crysis 1 had a detail option for physics calculations), or just locked out period.

Looks good though. Curious to see if the console versions hold up in any means, as I doubt my PC can run Crysis 2 well given the first two choked my aging rig pretty hard.

BG Level

Console screens were released by Crytek. Suffers from the same shit most console games do, lower resolution, noticeable aliasing especially in the distance, no parallax mapping and lower res textures.

Here's a few of them

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I can deal with most of that since the lower resolution means not being able to see all the detail in the other eye-candy anyways, but the AA? I would have figured they'd use that MLAA implementation for the PS3 release that we've seen on games such as Saboteur/GoW3/LBP2.