Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    blax n gunz
    BG Level

You're really not watching the panels, are you? They've completely redone every zone in the game to make it flow better while levelling. So much for:

I am very curious how this is going to effect old content and the leveling experience (which Blizzard basically doesn't care about at all)
    Leveling hubs are being moved, significant new hubs for the new races are being introduced and old zones which were once annoying to navigate and frequently skipped (Darkshore, Stonetalon, Azshara) are getting entirely new life breathed into them. Cynical attempts to dismiss this as somehow lazy because they're not making new zones from scratch (Which they are, 7 new zones which is equivalent to what was added in WotLK) just reek of 'hahaha I like starting arguments on the internet."

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Cataclysm as I understand it is COMPLETELY changing old world. They clearly state that level 20 zones are now level 40 zones and so on and so forth. New quest hubs everywhere for the changing environments. It will be an entirely new 1-60 game is what they're saying, they're not "just making it look different" and not only that, but they're adding tons of NEW zones, including an underwater city that won't be annoying to get to.

I agree at first I thought that just re-doing same old world content would suck, but after watching the trailer it seems that things are REALLY different, so even if you're going to the same ZONE as before, the quests will be different, the zone will be different, and the overall experience will be different than the one you had leveling up in vanilla/tbc/wotlk.

lol correction we posted the same time

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

If you don't have stream read this :

BlizzCon 2009: World of Warcraft Preview Panel liveblog

I can't believe there are still some complaints when this content looks so amazing, they're vastly revamping everything to fit into a cataclysm event and adding zones, letting us finally fly in Azeroth and giving us a ton of other new features. Some people don't change, go play a game that never changes aka FF11 and be happy camping your kings for 7 years.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

I was VERY pessimistic myself before I saw the trailer but after seeing it I just keep going "omg so cool" to practically everything that is being shown/told to us. I want to see female worgen though!

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arvin View Post
    I can't believe there are still some complaints when this content looks so amazing, they're vastly revamping everything to fit into a cataclysm event and adding zones, letting us finally fly in Azeroth and giving us a ton of other new features. Some people don't change, go play a game that never changes aka FF11 and be happy camping your kings for 7 years.
    Yes, ZOMG, how could someone else have a different opinion!

BTW, I have never camped Kings, and I play WoW too.

Flying in old zones is nice, reworked old zones are nice, completely new lore is nice (well, that really depends on your stance on lore), but in the end it is reworked content, not new content. This was one of the main criticisms of Wings, and rightfully so. If you can't take a moment to step back and see how at least some connection can be drawn between several similar factors then you are just in the bag for Blizzard and WoW.

Both companies working on a new MMO.
    Both companies bring in the B team to work on their old MMO.
    Both companies rework old content for their next expansion.

Blizzard will no doubt do a much better job than SE did (they have the resources to do it and it would be hard not to) but if you can't at least recognize the similarities in the situation then you have a nerd rage issue.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post

You're not really opining though, you're forming conclusions based entirely on wrong speculation. There's a crapton of new content in Cataclysm, they're not just recycling old crap and the old world levelling content is getting just as much attention, from the looks of things.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

1:22PM Egypt was inspiration for Uldum. River running down the center, dotted with temples. Shoreline change explained by Titan machine projecting an illusion of shoreline to keep people out. Cataclysm broke the machine. For serious.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Avlon View Post
    1:22PM Egypt was inspiration for Uldum. River running down the center, dotted with temples. Shoreline change explained by Titan machine projecting an illusion of shoreline to keep people out. Cataclysm broke the machine. For serious.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    You know, you should post that in every thread on the WoW discussion subforum. Not everybody will be able to see your post!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post

Flying in old zones is nice, reworked old zones are nice, completely new lore is nice (well, that really depends on your stance on lore), but in the end it is reworked content, not new content. This was one of the main criticisms of Wings, and rightfully so. If you can't take a moment to step back and see how at least some connection can be drawn between several similar factors then you are just in the bag for Blizzard and WoW.

Both companies working on a new MMO.
    Both companies bring in the B team to work on their old MMO.
    Both companies rework old content for their next expansion.

Blizzard will no doubt do a much better job than SE did (they have the resources to do it and it would be hard not to) but if you can't at least recognize the similarities in the situation then you have a nerd rage issue.
    If you can't take an instant to step back and compare how Wings and Cataclysm are vastly different:

Wings = A handful of zones with 90% the same exact terrain with some zone lines changed.
    Cataclysm = Entire terrain changes, environmental changes, mob changes.

Wings = The retelling of a story we were already given the summary for.
    Cataclysm = Advancement of the current lore.

If you take a minute to look into Warcraft lore...A LOT OF THE LORE HAPPENS ON AZEROTH. There are 3 major continents on Azeroth, Northrend where we currently have our activity and EK/Kalimdor. Shit is going down in Northrend now, so it doesn't need to be busy for another expansion. Azeroth has been a hotbed of shit happening since it was created, that's the lore of the world. Shit happening in Azeroth like what is coming next expansion is par for the course.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

I'm excited

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Anyone just see that spy as thrall? LOL

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Anyone just see that spy as thrall? LOL
    GENTLEHORDE

The Class Q&A makes me want to tear my hair out.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

5:16PM Block value going away, but block mitigates a % of damage. Won't be terrible on raid bosses anybody.

5:16PM Casters speeds up casting. Melee, regens your energy/rage/etc faster. No attack speed increase.

5:15PM Haste?

5:15PM Basically, Mastery makes you suck less. My words.

5:14PM Mastery will take its place, which we learn about in tomorrow's system panel.

5:14PM Armor Penetration = Gone. Thank god.

5:14PM Tanks will receive the needed anti-crit from talents like Survival of the Fittest.

5:14PM Defense is gone.

5:14PM Agility now provices 2 AP for rogues, hunters, shaman, druids. "No more plate-wearers stealing your gear."

5:13PM Attack Power? Gone. "Now you can panic."

5:13PM However! Intellect now scales your mana and your damage.

5:13PM Spellpower is going away completely.

edit:
    5:28PM There will be a caster legendary in Cataclysm's first raid. Wasn't a good place for it in Wrath.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

dude with a mask asking a question... are people really this nuts. this is painful.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Hm, so from the sounds of it everybody will be able to perform well simply with talents and gear will simply boost your dps/survivability? As a tank, I know getting defense capped was a big deal, it sounds like you don't even need that anymore and you simply just need to stack Stam and keep your TPS up? Kind of weird but whatever, the videos and information has me wanting to reactivate.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

ahahahahaha GC said 'John Madden'

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

"Hey guys ret paladin here-"

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    "Hey guys ret paladin here-"

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
    Oh god his question was so bad "When do ret pallies get Mortal Strike hurrrr"

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast