Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Your solos!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What's the lowest you think doable for SSC?

Ridill
    BG Level

Dunno about SSC, but I wouldn't go back to TK without at least 3, and would prob want 4.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Did up to chess in Karazhan (Skipping Shade, Nightbane, Illhoof, and Netherspite). Aran is definitly soloable but he is hard as hell, Nightbane/illhoof/netherspite I didn't even try. Shame I can't get to prince solo.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Falaras View Post
    Did up to chess in Karazhan (Skipping Shade, Nightbane, Illhoof, and Netherspite). Aran is definitly soloable but he is hard as hell, Nightbane/illhoof/netherspite I didn't even try. Shame I can't get to prince solo.
    Chess:

Take 2nd from far end pawn. Move 1 square forward. Immediately release him.

Take "rook" from that corner (they can move diagonally). Move him as far out as you can into the middle.

Repeat with the near side pawn/rook.

Goal is to get your 2 rooks out into the middle of the battle as fast as you can. They'll sit there aoe'ing nonstop and just destroy all the shit that tries to rush your king.

After that, move the pawn from in front of your queen, then take her and start nuking shit (kill the other queen if it looks viable, if not just go for healers and nuke whatever your rooks get low to clear space).

Move king out of fire.

Profit.

It may take a couple tries, but you can most definitely do it.

Prince is stupid easy.

Also, Illhoof is one of the easiest fights in there, and Nightbane is very easy as well. NB requires skill, but it's not really "challenging" at all as long as you're good.

Use the outcroppings in the back corners to create los to make the imps run to you on Illhoof. I just stand in the corner by the back left outcropping, on the side closer to the door, they all come into consecration range on their own.

Oh, and shade is fucking retarded, I can't do it as prot. Haven't tried as ret yet.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Thanks for the chess tip, and I can't summon Nightbane sadly. Aran is definitly soloable with the right gear, I got him to 30% without Lifeward, using Monarch Crab instead of my HP/5 trinket. Definitely a hard kill but definitely possible.

Ridill
    BG Level

Nightbane has an urn sitting on the terrace now, don't need the stuff to summon him.

I've done OK on aran a couple times, but once it gets to the elementals I'm already fairly spent and just can't get through.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I couldn't click the urn or anything, I assume you need to do the quest still. I just popped Seal of Light and killed the Elementals, just have to live between Ardent Defenders and sheeps.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

You can click it without the quest, done so multiple times before.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That's what I thought but I really couldn't when I tried, maybe it was bugged.

Banned.

BG Level

Do you guys just have someone sit in a raid with you while you do it? I tried going in and it won't let me go unless in a raid

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

I know for ZG you need a raid to enter, but after you're in you can drop raid.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

best way ive found is get someone to hop on an alt real quick. make a raid with them, then the alt just logs off. that way the other person can play their main and you can have a raid up.

Banned.

BG Level

Cool thanks!

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

You can actually use 2 of your characters on the same account as well, with help from someone else. Hop on lvl 1 alt/bank and invite a friend to party then convert to raid. Promote the other person to lead then log your alt off/log your main in. Have your friend invite you to raid and promote you to leader, then they are free to drop. Your alt will still be there with the d/c symbol in the portrait.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Has anyone attempted to solo BWL? Theres a video on youtube of a Prot Pally soloing 6/8 of the bosses, but what I want to know is can you skip the other two? Can I just go into BWL and solo the six bosses without having to worry about bringing anyone else?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Buospj5jBM
    ^ Video

Ridill
    BG Level

You need someone for Razorgore or you can't do anything.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Does that mean you can skip Vael?

Ridill
    BG Level

I don't think you can get through vael's room without aggroing him.

BEES OH GOD BEES
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Correct. There's a door that won't open until you kill him. and he just plain kills people with his Adrenaline Rush (not even bubble removes it), so he's not soloable unless you can do 1mil dps in 20sec or so =p (that's 50k dps)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah I've done the fight just wasn't sure if he was skippable, I know you can 2 man the first boss and 3 man the second boss but really wish I didn't have to bring other people.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4