BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psubond View Post
    i have a verified by visa compatible card and have activated the service. is there anything else i need to do?

It's been said, but I'd rather it be repeated:

Once you have gone to the VbV or Mastercard Securecode site and registered your card and designated your password, you MUST update your billing information in POL.

You'll put in everything exactly as it was (unless in order to be verified you've had to switch cards), and then POL will give you a link to a browser window that opens OUTSIDE of POL. Don't do this while running windower like I did and almost shit myself when POL crashed. This page will be a magic POL verification site, wherein you enter the VbV or Securecode password you made when registering for either of those services.

Upon completion, you'll go back to POL, click submit, and you're done.

Again, simply making your card 3D secure, or having that service already, is not enough: you MUST update your billing information in POL.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

A question for a friend of mine since his 4 day limit wasn't up to post: POL didn't accept his mastercard securecode, told him it was wrong and now won't let him change it. Now when he tries to change his billing info it automatically tells him it's wrong w/o giving him a chance to do the securecode for verification. Is there way he can change this?

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

This blows my mind that they are doing this and so suddenly as well. This seems like a customer service nightmare. There has to be a ton of money involved somewhere for them to force something like this on their already dwindling customer base.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post

Again, simply making your card 3D secure, or having that service already, is not enough: you MUST update your billing information in POL.
    I'm not gonna update mine and see what happens. I did secure my card however. I'm going to bet I'm able to log in on the 1st.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Cool mail bro?
    Why even have a shitty bank to begin with that doesn't support secure cards?

^ Just adding that for random drama k??

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    I'd believe it. I pay for my account with a debit card and it like.. came with the card. Some people shop online with a debit card so I guess they need more protection than those who shop online with a credit card? Thus Verified by Visa?
    Yes
    When first using my bank's visa debit card online to buy something, the 3-d secure account info came up and asked me to register before making the online purchase. It is separate from your bank page but linked to the card transactions with a separate password for the VBV site and registration. When making an online purchase, the 3-d secure asks for a password. Probably need to allow the actual VBV site on your no script and firefox allow/white list.

I am guessing that our current SEAMS (Square Enix Account Management System) accounts will be the one's we register with to play XIV and all of our transaction history will be connected via the SEAMS account. I am thinking SE's goal is to have each and every account to be used by a valid person who's name actually matches their payment registration and credit card. I can see them attempting to make it difficult for people to sell their accounts.

I found a wiki page on 3-d secure for people to read about how it works. Consider it is Wiki and therefore written by folks like you and I so be sure to verify any major info with the proper links to the actual 3-d secure sites.

3-D Secure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    SE knows their MMO's are their cash cow, and they will do anything to protect that stream of revenue.
    Do they?

Because if they're really about to auto-cancel all accounts who haven't verified their cards, they sure as hell didn't do much of ANYTHING to keep from losing these customers.

If I didn't frequent community sites, I would never have known anything about this! Meanwhile I'm reminded what the fuck Kupowers I have 100 times a day (I guess putting the info on the Conquest screen was too hard?! Anyway.)

I don't know if this is terrible customer service, but it sure as hell is terrible, potentially disastrous execution of these changes.

Meanwhile, my Mastercard is NOT eligible for whatchamacallit.

It only takes 1 indiscretion to completely fuck your credit. So it's not easy for everyone to just whip up a new card.

If SE really does ban non-secured accounts on Sept. 1st. I can't WAIT to see the damage done and the backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrift View Post
    To be honest.. I kind of want my cards to not work, it would make leaving this game very easy. They have already given me a bunch of reasons to quit, but this would add a nice finishing touch.
    Jesus fucking christ, stop posting. Your posts have to be the most emo garbage I've read all fucking week.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Red Demon Taoist View Post
    Do they?

Because if they're really about to auto-cancel all accounts who haven't verified their cards, they sure as hell didn't do much of ANYTHING to keep from losing these customers.

If I didn't frequent community sites, I would never have known anything about this! Meanwhile I'm reminded what the fuck Kupowers I have 100 times a day (I guess putting the info on the Conquest screen was too hard?! Anyway.)

I don't know if this is terrible customer service, but it sure as hell is terrible, potentially disastrous execution of these changes.

It only takes 1 indiscretion to completely fuck your credit. So it's not easy for everyone to just whip up a new card.

If SE really does ban non-secured accounts on Sept. 1st. I can't WAIT to see the damage done and the backlash.
    I'm not sure what's going on, but I keep hearing a bunch of things. Vista was bitching SE due to the double payment drawbacks, SE trying to join something, etc.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post
    It's been said, but I'd rather it be repeated:

Once you have gone to the VbV or Mastercard Securecode site and registered your card and designated your password, you MUST update your billing information in POL.

You'll put in everything exactly as it was (unless in order to be verified you've had to switch cards), and then POL will give you a link to a browser window that opens OUTSIDE of POL. Don't do this while running windower like I did and almost shit myself when POL crashed. This page will be a magic POL verification site, wherein you enter the VbV or Securecode password you made when registering for either of those services.

Upon completion, you'll go back to POL, click submit, and you're done.

Thanks Isladar, this really helped me, it should be stickied.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

A few weeks back my account got LM-21'd, and when resubmitting new cc info, I had to do the secured by visa thing. Judging from what I've read on here, if I already have updated info using a card with 3-d security I shouldn't be worried for 9/2/09?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dejet View Post
    3 cards none work >.> woot?

RMT not paying is not something they should give a crap about. Screwing over what might seem to be about 50% of the real players is something they should care about.

If they want to start this with 14 then so be it. Most players have been using the same CC for more then 4 years. My card has been on the same account for 6 years now. How much more safe can my card be, fuck.
    I assume you are just pulling that 50% out of your ass, right?

I don't doubt this is a pain in the ass for some, but I don't think it is 50% of players. My informal survey of my vent server has no one effected. That doesn't mean anything either, but I doubt it is 50%.

It definitely sucks.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Red Demon Taoist View Post
    Do they?

As indicated in the Customer Support conversation posted a few pages back, this may not be effecting everyone.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    As indicated in the Customer Support conversation posted a few pages back, this may not be effecting everyone.

Yes and it would be smart of SE to clarify what the fuck is going on.

I find it hard to believe they that are gonna cancel every NA non-secured account, but if they do...

My guesstimate would be well above 90% of NA players are not gonna be able to log on on Sept 1st and not have the slightest idea why.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

ITT: People who don't know the difference between affect and effect.

Cringe.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    ITT: People who don't know the difference between affect and effect.

Cringe.

What does ITT mean (I guess I am too damn old)
    P.S. I am on ps2/360 I did not get the e mail. My debit card backed by visa can not do the VBV thing. Kinda shitty they have used it for 5 years now. I signed up for the PayPal virtual debit card thing just in case because somewhere on here someone said they have it and it works.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Nevermind google saved me once again!!

In this thread!

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You quitters can PM me your login info & I'll take care of the 3-d secure crap.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by WyldFyre View Post
    You quitters can PM me your login info & I'll take care of the 3-d secure crap.
    Fuck you, I'm RMTing. At least salvage a couple hundred bucks from this shit.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Would be so hilarious if EGS started requiring 3-D secure now too.