Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Onyxia lolore.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    That's why those quests ARE NOT REPEATABLE with their heads. Any item you gain from a boss you kill and has a quest turn in, is a non repeatable quest. If it be, Algalon, Ony, Nef or anything.
    why hello there Daily Heroics....

Head of Cyanigosa - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

cyanigosa must have regrowable heads.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

But but it's a time traveling dragon so it keeps on traveling forward in time from the past from before it had it's head cut off so that make's perfect sense!

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    why hello there Daily Heroics....

Head of Cyanigosa - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

cyanigosa must have regrowable heads.
    Having my head cut off was merely a setback!

why am i fighting the same bosses in 10man as in 25man i thought i already killed dem????

why is my gear making my character good wouldnt it be better if i had less gear i can move more swiftly and why isnt everything dying in 1 hit like irl

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    Having my head cut off was merely a setback!
    funny thing is, I've been doing H Vh so much I read that in her voice. :/

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

its an anniversary celebration thing they probably wont come up with a canon story behind it if one at all they don't need to
    its just a simple balance around lvl 80 players and thats it

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Norellicus View Post
    Oh god lol, they didn't zoom in on the raid configuration during the raid panel from the DTV stream...

File:Onyxia deep breath details.jpg - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft
    Can you explain, I r WoWtarded

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

People have insisted since near-on day one of fighting Onyxia that there is a specific trigger (and ergo, things you should NOT do in the raid) to cause Deep Breath to occur, because it can happen never, once, or repeatedly, with no rhyme or reason why. It's technically her most deadly ability, albeit the most obvious to avoid, so obviously people are going to try to completely avoid it, rather than have to deal with teaching noobs (Onyxia was one of your first raids at 60, after Molten Core) how to avoid the breath constantly.

Tigole always insisted the ability was strictly random, and nothing the players did or didn't do had any effect on it. That table shows the raid editor; the panel was talking about what goes into creating raids, monsters, encounters, etc etc. They loaded up Onyxia both for giggles and to provide a more applicable look at something "current" since they're updating her for Lv80. What you can see there is every other ability she uses and the parameters of it -- she won't use tail swipe any earlier than 15sec into the fight, or any later than 20 sec in -- and she'll attempt to use it again at some random time (with equal probability to all her other attacks) between every 15-20 seconds after.

Deep Breath's parameters are obfuscated. It has no time window, and shares no specific probability with any other abilities. It is truly random, and not even blizzard knows what causes it. (in reality, it probably does have these sort of things set, but it's more just Blizzard's continual attempt to be lighthearted about it and quite probably also to say "No, we're not giving up this secret, this makes the encounter unique, deal with it")

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

So didn't people go back and test the breaths when they were 80 and able to spend a bunch of time on each fight?

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

@Arvin

Can you please stop double posting in like every wow thread lol, ilu dude but come on.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Blarg View Post
    So didn't people go back and test the breaths when they were 80 and able to spend a bunch of time on each fight?
    There was a shitton of testing done at level 60, every theory about 'triggering' deep breaths proved false, giving credence to the 'it's just random' nature of the ability. Better guilds would sneer at any theory and say 'just burn her down so she can't breath more than once in P2.'

The fear of Deep Breaths is overblown, as it comes from a time when raids were 40 man, of whom maybe 20 were competent and could do things like not stand in the path of the fiery death. 'OH MY GOD HALF THE RAID IS DEAD FUCK DEEP BREATH' is a relic of an era where your typical raid was carrying around a lot of dead, useless weight.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

this thread requires us to remember more dots:

Makes me wonder if this was the OP!

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Nobody nerdrages like Dives does, it's awesome.

Should hear him at ragnaros lol

blax n gunz
    BG Level

All of the Onyxia80 Achievements seem to be named after that rant.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    All of the Onyxia80 Achievements seem to be named after that rant.
    hence why I posted "ok more dots, more dots, more dots, come on guys more dots....now stop dots"

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

I distinctly remember killing deathwing in WarCraft2 Beyond the Dark Portal.

I JUST NEGATED YOUR ENTIRE NEW EXPANSION GUYZ. HOW YOU LIEK ME NAO.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

It was only a setback?

i actually never have seen the alliance ony head up before, interesting. having her head up on a pike is better!