• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Looking for new/good Verizon Smartphone/PDA

Hmm, I thought there was a sticky with some good cell phone info here once but don't see it now, though I tend to recall it not talking much about Verizon phones...

Anyway, my "new every 2" is about to be up and I'm getting tired of my XV6800 which has worked well with Windows Mobile 6.1 but it's getting old and starting to break down on me a bit so I'm in the market for something new. I'm browsing through Verizon's site of new PDA phones and Blackberries (I'm not a BB fan so I don't want to go that route if I don't have to) and really haven't found one that sticks out to me like the XV6800 did 2 years ago. So I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestion/opinions about what Verizon is currently offering or will be offering shortly.

Main things I'm looking for (used for IT work/personal use):
    -Email via POP and/or Lotus Notes (I know most phones do this, but not all do it in a way that looks good ie. Blackberries)
    -Tethering to allow laptop to connect to Verizon Broadband service
    -Touchscreen

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I like the Samsung Omnia from Verizon's lineup. I don't know if it suits your needs, but it'll be my next phone from their current lineup. (Primarily for the built-in wifi so I don't have to pay for verizon's data plan)

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

I would say BB Storm..... but since your coming from a 6800, I would wait a few more months and get the palm pre when it goes to verizon.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I've heard good things about the Omnia as a response to the iphone, but apparently Omnia II is coming out really soon so I might look into that. Friend of mine also suggested waiting for the new Android based phones to come to Verizon which could be in the next couple months. I'm not really familiar with the Android OS but apparently a lot of people are claiming its far superior to Windows Mobile or Palm OS.

Blackberry storm 2 comes out in october, I would wait for that.

It seems a lot better than the first one.

get an iphone and unlock it