BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Better?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Really, I'm the only one who laughed that the charts above said Cum%?

:/

But yeah, there will always be a mathematical winner when comparing gear for a certain situation... Your opinion, no matter how much you want it to be right, will not change if a piece of gear is less effective than another.

If it's your preference to continue using a less effective pieces... then that is your choice to be sub-par.

(Referring to slow% gear)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

On the subject of attack for WS, i was wondering what's the worth of attack vs str for drakesbane. For instance (ignoring acc) askar dirs vs aurum cuisses, merman's earring vs triumph, heca body vs askar ect.

I know this varies greatly depending on the mob, but is there a sure way to compare attack vs str in general?

Askar are better than Aurum and Triumph is better than Merman's but Pixie or Hollow are both most likely better than Triumph. Heca Body Vs Askar I would think is more a question of the STR+7 against the 2% Double Attack, I think askar wins but again Aurum Cuirass or Zahak's Mail is better than both.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Starr View Post
    Do you use Crab Sushi on them? I believe it was shown to be unbeatable on KI>THF

What gear? I played with FFXIGEAR when it was up and couldn't get anything decent like that but I think I might have been looking at 400 ignoring dagger merits but you are including them cus you have them?
    idk about crab sushis. I get 92% acc at birds with a mirke, counting ambush and feint. its in theory 88% acc, but if sushi wins then it makes mirke even more situational.

My max accuracy gear include blau dolch, fire bombelet, 2 torreador, homam hands feet, skadi or homam legs, cuchu mantle. head with turban and body with rapparee. mithra race and ninja sub, max dagger merits, it gives me apprrox. 380acc. Pizza+1 adds about 40 acc.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Starr, the sushi thing was for that particular poster's gear, as he didn't have high acc shit like cuch ect, wasn't mithra, ect. Before I did that math, I'm pretty sure his base hitrate was like 80

oh, I thought someone posted after you showing that Crab Sushi was ALWAYS better though

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So in light of getting a decent amount of money quickly I've decided to get my alt character set up so he can zerg on DRK. This is what I have to work with right now:

M.Kris | Jan Shield +1 | - | Fire Bomblet
    Turban | Ritter Gorget | Fowling | Assault
    Gloom | Dusk Gloves | Blitz | Bomb Queen
    Gigant | Swift | Homam | Homam

Don't have /DRG finished on it yet but I know I need to swap Fowling with Wyvern Earring, but other than that is there any obvious changes I can make? I can swap Ritter with a PCC but I had thought Ritter was better. This is with 0 Dagger merits by the way.

Thanks in advance.

war/nin
    dynamis, einherjar, merits, salvage, maybe sky gods, other crap
    brave grip (crit) or axe grip (str)?
    will be using rose strap when /sam for 6-hit.
    (full crit and str merits if it matters ; hume)

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    So in light of getting a decent amount of money quickly I've decided to get my alt character set up so he can zerg on DRK. This is what I have to work with right now:

M.Kris | Jan Shield +1 | - | Fire Bomblet
    Turban | Ritter Gorget | Fowling | Assault
    Gloom | Dusk Gloves | Blitz | Bomb Queen
    Gigant | Swift | Homam | Homam

Don't have /DRG finished on it yet but I know I need to swap Fowling with Wyvern Earring, but other than that is there any obvious changes I can make? I can swap Ritter with a PCC but I had thought Ritter was better. This is with 0 Dagger merits by the way.

Thanks in advance.
    Happy Egg/Fenrir's Stone for ammo, Physical Earrings are very cheap +HP earrings.

You don't need Rose Strap for a 6-hit if you land 2+ hits on Raging Rush/KJ, Pole or Sword Strap are always the best but most common Pole, Brave Grip is trash, Axe grip bar RNG is trash.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    Happy Egg/Fenrir's Stone for ammo, Physical Earrings are very cheap +HP earrings.
    I have Cassie on him now, but I figured I'd need ACC for Ear since I didn't have any dagger merits. Should I invest time in getting Intruder's for my other ear?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You should be fine with accuracy honestly, Feint and SV Madrigals being a pre-requisite to most zergs.

If you're really worried about accuracy, I'd just use sushi. And yeah, Intruder's Earring is nice for 1handed zerg if you're not /drg and the latent is up.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

@Starr: I always assumed that having a true 6-hit build would be more beneficial if you are camping birds due to feather tickle. I know there are other camps, but the grips aren't the most troublesome things to acquire. I know it can be made up for by being hit once, but every once in a while you end up like 2% from 100% TP ><

I have Cassie on him now, but I figured I'd need ACC for Ear since I didn't have any dagger merits. Should I invest time in getting Intruder's for my other ear?
    If you are in a Zerg situation with a Kris you should be getting Madrigals and the mob is probably being Feinted too. I don't think you need to worry about accuracy much. Not to mention souleater too. If you aren't getting buffs you could always use a lolsushi ><

And Cassie/Wyvern is a great combo. Intruder's isn't always active, but it's worth having. Not too hard of a NM to get. Have a 2nd HP+ earring like a Physical laying around anyways for when you aren't /drg and intruders won't proc.

Edit: Beaten about acc xD

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    You should be fine with accuracy honestly, Feint and SV Madrigals being a pre-requisite to most zergs.

If you're really worried about accuracy, I'd just use sushi. And yeah, Intruder's Earring is nice for 1handed zerg if you're not /drg and the latent is up.
    We run kinda low numbers in Dynamis so most CoP boss zergs we do we only have 1 BRD for, but feint is mandatory for any THF that's pulling the boss. Thanks a lot for the info. Last noob question: Dark Seal + Drain II or Absorb-ACC? Drain II I KNOW I need to use, but is Absorb-ACC used at all?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Deff. use sushi then if you aren't getting Madrigals. Double marches will pay off more with the Sushi than Madrigals with HP gear I think.

If you are using Sushi then abs-acc probably isn't necessary. If you don't need to engage and zerg asap then you could pop an abs-acc before the drain2 and all your ja's.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

Quote Originally Posted by Killkenny View Post
    This is the "What's Better?" thread not the "Whats your preference?" thread.

One is going to be better than the other and I doubt it bothers anyone here whether it affects you sleeping patterns.

Like with anything that involves haste its going to have a different answer at different haste values, as you have more haste that 9% slow on heca cap will have a larger affect on your attack speed and would therefore require a larger damage boost to justify it. But then again if you are on thief your job isn't to do damage its to be blamed when something doesn't drop.
    I never said it was better, I was just voicing my opinion at the question that was asked.

Quote Originally Posted by [Vax] View Post
    @Starr: I always assumed that having a true 6-hit build would be more beneficial if you are camping birds due to feather tickle. I know there are other camps, but the grips aren't the most troublesome things to acquire. I know it can be made up for by being hit once, but every once in a while you end up like 2% from 100% TP ><
    With 3-4 equally good melee and GC choice of 3 TP attacks it isn't that frequent, I hate this arguement when people act like you get tickled every 10 seconds it is so ridiculous. My merit mobs often don't even get a TP move off.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

@Starr: I didn't mean to say that you will be tickled that much, but over the course of a merit party you will be tickled quiet a few times. I just figured if you get tickled 6~ times you'll have made up an entire WS by keeping a true 6-hit build.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra View Post
    Heca head or Voyager's salet (or something else) for unstacked Sneak Attack? I hear I want to stay away from the slow+ on unstacked SA.
    AF2 Head? Same dex as heca cap, but no slow

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    We run kinda low numbers in Dynamis so most CoP boss zergs we do we only have 1 BRD for, but feint is mandatory for any THF that's pulling the boss. Thanks a lot for the info. Last noob question: Dark Seal + Drain II or Absorb-ACC? Drain II I KNOW I need to use, but is Absorb-ACC used at all?
    I wouldn't bother with anything but Drain II and even that can be iffy sometimes. In a zerg, you want to get in there asap.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast