+ Reply to Thread
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

In game sound not working proper

Ok so i am having some problems with my in game sound and i think the problem may have started when i messed with the Windower GUI, but i honestly cant remember.

Basically, i can hear any music in game, but no game sounds (Aka Menu's opening, People hitting monsters, Spells being cast, and most importantly for me... no chine when i get a tell) Anyone have any idea what could of caused this?

PS: I checked the normal FFXI settings in start menu and game sound is enabled. If it wasn't enabled i wouldnt get music either i dont think.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

What zone? Or all zones.

I get this issue when entering Sea from Sealion's Den. But it corrects itself when moving away from the telepad.

EDIT: I also get this issue in various other minor places.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    What zone? Or all zones.

I get this issue when entering Sea from Sealion's Den. But it corrects itself when moving away from the telepad.

EDIT: I also get this issue in various other minor places.

Actually all zones have the same problem. Its almost like the game sounds (everything aside from music) do not work. Zoning will make the appropriate music change depending on the zone, and if i am to pull out my weapon i will get the fight music.

And they're spectacular!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

At work at the moment so forget the exact name, but check the "Max number of sounds" setting. Make sure it's ramped up as high as it can go, which should be like 20 or 25. It's very likely that Windower GUI defaulted this to a lower number and it just needs to be adjusted.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mabubeezareel View Post
    At work at the moment so forget the exact name, but check the "Max number of sounds" setting. Make sure it's ramped up as high as it can go, which should be like 20 or 25. It's very likely that Windower GUI defaulted this to a lower number and it just needs to be adjusted.
    Hmmm very interesting... ill talk a look at that later tonight when im done work myself... Thanks!!!

This is totally obvious and I would think you checked it already, but maybe check to see if you turned off your game sounds in the chat filters section. I only thought of this because I remember that the /tell bing can be shut off in those settings.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Stowastiq View Post
    This is totally obvious and I would think you checked it already, but maybe check to see if you turned off your game sounds in the chat filters section. I only thought of this because I remember that the /tell bing can be shut off in those settings.
    I did make sure that was turned on, but the problem is that its not playing ANY sound aside from game music.