Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Free AV/security setup that works with aion?

For the longest time I used a free symantec av that I got from being a student, but all it does is AV, so I picked up kaspersky 2009 a while back. Recently got a new hd, so I slapped vista64 on it and kasp and lo and behold, GG crashes when caion goes from the little splash box to the black window with the sdna logo. No matter what exceptions I set, and even turning kasp off it still crashed, uninstall apparently is the only solution. I can go back to symantec, but I was just wondering if anyone here had something they know works and is good stuff.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

you refering to nProtect Game Guard thing? I have Norton and had a issue with it crashing as well. gave me error 361 I think. I did 2 things. Not sure if/which fixed it.

1) I temporarily disabled some "intrusion" apsect of Norton internet security. I looked to where this Game Guard security program is installed and have it on Norton's "exception list" but couldn't find it.

2) I also have downloaded all updates and client software via the NCSoft launcher program. When I was recieving this error a few days ago, the next day (yesterday) I recieved a e-mail from NCSoft making sure to have the latest update for the upcomming NA open beta with a link to update/patch itself. Clicked on it and after a small update 2-3 mins, GG doesnt cause Aion to crash anymore.

I had to go to sleep for work afterwards but when I get home from work I am gonna test and see if I can still start Aion with out having to temp. disable the intrusion part of Norton and if it doesnt work, fuck Norton, I'll be going back to AVG. BTW just for info I run Vista Home x64 ver.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

theres a way to actually disable failguard altogether and actualy play aion. Link to it was on wikipedia under gg's wiki page. Personally i dont want a PoS rootkit that fucks with legit apps running on my system.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Veyron Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

AVG seems to be compatible with GameGuard, just something about Windows Firewall that doesn't get along with it.. at all ;x

I use kapersky with C-Aion with gameguard and it works perfectly fine for me. I would either allow the popups or just ignore them and it loads into the game just fine.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

got home. it works fine, didnt disable anything in norton. so something to do with the update/patch fixed it, I'm guessing.