Thread: WoW raiding guilds     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

WoW raiding guilds

Long story short, my reputation on my server isn't ruined, no one thinks I'm a noob I do good dps (did 6k dps in 10man VoA today) and I can quickly learn any fight I don't already know (hardmodes) So even though I don't suck and no one thinks I'm fail I'm unable to get into a guild that runs shit on a weekly basis.

Anyone got any sort of suggestions for getting into a 'good' guild.

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Check your server progression list?

Are you unable to get in because you're being denied apps or just haven't found one yet that runs stuff?

Ridill
    BG Level

Consider a high pop server like Blackrock, Tich, Malganis, blah blah.

On Blackrock pugs have been doing os+drakes since january, it's easy as hell to get geared up and there's raids going on for before you get in a guild, and then there's tooooons of guilds to join. Pugged 10 and 25 man ToC this week, couldn't get past champs in 25 but 10 man we 1 shotted all but champs, and like 3 shotted it, with trade channel pug.

Even saw a melee zerg os10+3 happen today via trade channel, too bad I was saved heh.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

Quote Originally Posted by Norellicus View Post
    Check your server progression list?

Are you unable to get in because you're being denied apps or just haven't found one yet that runs stuff?
    I'm being denied on applications. They simply say "you're not fit for this guild" I believe they're basing it off of my achievements. Since I haven't ran very many hard modes I don't have the achievements.

It sux though because I am very confident I can outdo any mage I go up against on my server.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

suck dick

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by altwight View Post
    I'm being denied on applications. They simply say "you're not fit for this guild" I believe they're basing it off of my achievements. Since I haven't ran very many hard modes I don't have the achievements.

It sux though because I am very confident I can outdo any mage I go up against on my server.
    Whenever you do a heroic, check lfg for all instances for someone from whatever guild you're interested in. Ask them to come, impress them, then ask about their guild after.

It's a lot easier to get a shot when someone will go "yeah I did something with this guy, he was pretty good."

Quote Originally Posted by altwight View Post

Your best bet for getting into guilds such as that are logging stuff that you PUG, provide them with WWS reports to show that you don't suck. They're much more likely to give someone with little to no hard mode achievements a trial if they can show that they're capable of avoiding fires, etc.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

Thanks for the tips. I really should get a WWS thing but I'm not sure how to use it. Guess during the downtime of maintenance I'll browser the site and try to figure it out.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

WoW Guild Rankings :: WoWProgress - World of Warcraft Rankings and History

If your not looking for any particular people to join, thats a good site to check servers to see which are doing good

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

What region do you play in and what class are you with main/off spec? My guilds looking for a few people at the moment so might be able to help you.

Short Yellow Bus Driver
    BG Level

Could be worse..

I have yet to see general/yogg, but have a lot of the HM achievements up to that point from running 10m with some people in the guild i'm in. I'm excited for people to ask me if I bought mine ;[

But yeah, high-pop servers are the way to go, I was on Korgath before Mal'Ganis, and it definitely helps getting your feet wet. More often than not you'll be able to get some good shit in the process too.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

as others said, best bet is to do some shit with pugs to get the achievements, and can always ask the leaders for a ginvite after if things go well. Sometimes getting into a smaller guild to get the shit you need for a bit, then moving on to a bigger guild if you want to raid more is a good idea.

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Link us your armory and the type of applications you're submitting to these guilds. Might be able to help.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

^ this