FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by BrillCS View Post
    God I missed you guys lol.
    I miss doing this:
    http://i26.tinypic.com/31526xh.jpg

But I was actually in Millvale for a show yesterday Brill and a passing thought of you occured to me hahaha

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

dont get ahead of yourself Sepu. the pwnage of flyers by the penguins will come at a much greater cost this year.

flyers signed Blair Betts to tryout contract

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Hey Abraxas, who burned the playoffs up with an defenseman-leading 4 goals in the 2009 NHL playoffs, including 3 on your Flyers?

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

YESSSSSSSSSSS I missed this shit rofl

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post
    I miss doing this:
    http://i26.tinypic.com/31526xh.jpg

But I was actually in Millvale for a show yesterday Brill and a passing thought of you occured to me hahaha
    i don't see Mark Eaton in that picture

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    i don't see Mark Eaton in that picture
    You don't know what Mark Eaton looks like then: He's the blonde American boy between Crosby and [barely pictured] Kunitz.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Bluejackets are reportedly talking with Carolina about Anton Babchuk. Would be a good pickup for us I think, hopefully they'll take a winger off our hands as I'm still unsure who our Top 6 will be with so many.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Gaslight Anthem? I thought about going but I had to go to the Shaler magistrate to get points taken off my speeding ticket. Which I did. So many Mark Eaton references, my brain is going into overload. I laughed my ass off when I read this.

Hey Abraxas, who burned the playoffs up with an defenseman-leading 4 goals in the 2009 NHL playoffs, including 3 on your Flyers?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post
    You don't know what Mark Eaton looks like then: He's the blonde American boy between Crosby and [barely pictured] Kunitz.
    sorry i dont learn ever team player's faces

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Hell yes Gaslight Anthem!! The Loved Ones were pretty amazing too. Gaslight Anthem was so good last night, even better than last time back in March, shame on your ticket D:

Also, Columbus WOULD do good to have an amazing offensive D-man, Babchuk can really blast it, he had like 15 goals last year, and hes on the younger side too, IIRC.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

sorry i dont learn ever team player's faces
    I'll bet Tanguay's face haunts your dreams at night Rata

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

so this year are you going to compare Eaton to Pronger?

on a serious note, i cant wait to see how Crosby and Malkin react to Pronger's abuse.

Were he to play in a larger market more US media covered city he would probably be widely recognized as one of, if not the best goalie in the league right now.
    This is such a strange statement. Kipper gets more attention because he plays in Calgary, at least up here in Canada. Having seen him a ton every year, he has really fallen off in the past few seasons. He makes spectacular saves, but then lets in some really easy goals. I use a game against Vancouver last year as an example, it was one of the single greatest goaltending performences I've ever seen from a goaltender (he made at least two save of the year candidates in the third period alone) and yet at the same time he let in two soft goals and ended up losing the game in a shootout, where he looked brutal. He's been played too much over the past four seasons and really has looked worn down the last two years. Calgary still hasn't signed a respectable back up that can take some pressure off him, and they are going to be in the battle with Vancouver till the end of the year for the division so I don't see that problem getting rectified this year. He's still a top 5 goaltender, but barely at this point.

I would put Luongo, Brodeur, Lundqvist, and Thomas ahead of him for sure at this point. Ward, Kipper, Backstrom, and Fluery would battle it out for the fifth spot. All four of them have bouts with inconsistency even the context of one game that is definately concerning. If I had to do a list it would probably be:

1a. Luongo
    1b. Brodeur
    3. Lundqvist
    4. Thomas
    5. Kipper
    6. Backstrom
    7. Fluery
    8. Ward
    9. Turco
    10. Nabakov
    11. C. Mason
    12. Vokoun
    13. S. Mason
    14. Price
    15. Hiller

BG Level

bw i think you put the mason in wrong other

Steve (columbus) > Chris (st-louis)

and brill

die

BG's Official Canucks Fan
    BG Level

It was said earlier on that Brodeur shouldnt be number 1 or even close to it anymore. Last year when he was out for months with the bicep injury New Jersey still won games and some of their back up goalies ended up looking really good. But a lot of people were questioning if that was more about the system than the individuals.

When Vancouver lost Lubongo for those month or so they started to tank badly. He's much more of a game changer than Brodeur is right now. I think Kipper is as well, but he needs more help than the Flames were giving him. Plus he needs a back up goalie who can win a game.

No I have them in the right order. People are jumping on the S. Mason bandwagon too quickly, he had a good season in columbus, but so did Pascal Leclaire while playing behind Hitchcock's suffocating defensive Scheme. He also looked way over his head in the playoffs. Andrew Raycroft is a perfect example of why you need to temper expectations after just one good season before proclaiming him an elite goaltender.

C. Mason is also very underrated, he carried an injury plagued St. Louis team that lost Paul Kariya, Andy MacDonald, Erik Johnson, and Erik Brewer for most of the season, to the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoronas View Post
    It was said earlier on that Brodeur shouldnt be number 1 or even close to it anymore. Last year when he was out for months with the bicep injury New Jersey still won games and some of their back up goalies ended up looking really good. But a lot of people were questioning if that was more about the system than the individuals.

When Vancouver lost Lubongo for those month or so they started to tank badly. He's much more of a game changer than Brodeur is right now. I think Kipper is as well, but he needs more help than the Flames were giving him. Plus he needs a back up goalie who can win a game.
    New Jersey only saw success with Brodeur out because Parise turned into a superstar out of nowhere, and Clemmensen played way over his head. He is still a top 2 goaltender no question. In the Canada red-white game him and Luongo both looked like they had been playing hard all summer and showed why they are the best two goaltenders in the world.

Kevin Lowe's Sock Account

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Rata, I never understood the obsession with Tanguay.
    Sure he's a decent player when he's healthy. But let's face it, Montreal hasn't had a great French Canadian forward since Stephane Richer.

IIHF officially approved the move of Hudler to the KHL.

Nice ballsy move from Oval-chicken today, stating he'll play for Russia in 2014 whether the NHL approves their players being there or not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 276 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast