+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 276 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009-10 NHL Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

14. Price
    15. Hiller
    Whaaaaaaaaaat.

Also once again as I and others have said before, Brodeur is no longer the #1 goalie in the league. The wins record does not make you better than other younger goalies.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Richybear View Post
    Rata, I never understood the obsession with Tanguay.
    Sure he's a decent player when he's healthy. But let's face it, Montreal hasn't had a great French Canadian forward since Stephane Richer.

IIHF officially approved the move of Hudler to the KHL.

Nice ballsy move from Oval-chicken today, stating he'll play for Russia in 2014 whether the NHL approves their players being there or not.

Why tanguay? simple. People in Montreal whine they want someone from Quebec. We had one that didn't ask that much money.

He lost 30 games due to injury finished 3rd MTL top scorer, could had a 70-80 pt season if he didnt got injured.

He made an awsome Line with Latendresse and Koivu before the injury, which made Habs make some gay line up that fuck up some players imo.

Think he got like 7 win goal.

So in my book he shouldve stayed with habs

Kevin Lowe's Sock Account
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Ok, true. But considering their new #1 line will probably be the 3 new players: Gomez, Gionta and Cammalleri, Tanguay would be left with almost nothing to compliment him. Sure there are the Kostitsyns or Plekanec, but without Kovalev or Koivu, Tanguay would be sorta stuck with crappier linemates.

Rata, let's start the Louis LeBlanc fanclub!

As much as the Habs are my favorite team, it's still gonna be weird cheering for Gomez.

BG Level

Tanguay Latendresse pacioretty or d'agostini on 2nd line hello?

Tanguay and Paciorette or d'Agostini can do Center np

Kipper is going to tear it up this year. Calgary added Jay Bouwmeester and they still have Regehr and Phaneuf so the goals against and save percentage will be awesome. He might not get the wins because Calgary will likely struggle scoring with the loss of Cammalleri but two out of three Yahoo stats isn't bad.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Calgary did not claim Cammalleri off waivers for his scoring prowess. no one knew he was going to put up that many goals. do you really think LA would put him on waivers knowing he would knock in 30+ goals?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Sure there are the Kostitsyns
    Give a piece of turd a hockey stick and it's better than sergei.

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas View Post
    Calgary did not claim Cammalleri off waivers for his scoring prowess. no one knew he was going to put up that many goals. do you really think LA would put him on waivers knowing he would knock in 30+ goals?
    Calgary didn't claim Cammalleri off waivers. LA traded him for a first round draft pick, and then traded the pick to move up to draft Colton Teubert.

Being a Kings fan, I wasn't too happy with this trade. But he went to arbitration in '07 after scoring 34 goals and 80 points in 81 games. He wanted 6 mil a year, the Kings though he only deserved 3 mil a year. He ended up getting 3.5 per year for 2 years, and there was a lot of bad feeling between the two sides. Thats why the Kings dumped him for cheap after the first year of the contract, there was zero chance we would resign him after the second year was up.

And Cammalleri is the prototypical 1-dimensional player. He is there to score goals (especially on the power play), nothing else.

Dolmen

Sure he's a decent player when he's healthy. But let's face it, Montreal hasn't had a great French Canadian forward since Stephane Richer.

http://www.legendsofhockey.net/Legen.../001000186.jpg

As much as the Habs are my favorite team, it's still gonna be weird cheering for Gomez.
    I concur. This season is going to be really, really weird to watch.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I understand what you're saying Bweigelt but here in the states I never see too much of Kipper. It's always Marty Brodeur, Luongo, or Lundqvist. I'm not knocking Calgary's fanbase at all or anything like that. I know you guys are rabid fans as well. But could you see Kipper in New York or Philadelphia? He would be even bigger than he is now.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by friedfunk View Post
    Calgary didn't claim Cammalleri off waivers. LA traded him for a first round draft pick, and then traded the pick to move up to draft Colton Teubert.

Being a Kings fan, I wasn't too happy with this trade. But he went to arbitration in '07 after scoring 34 goals and 80 points in 81 games. He wanted 6 mil a year, the Kings though he only deserved 3 mil a year. He ended up getting 3.5 per year for 2 years, and there was a lot of bad feeling between the two sides. Thats why the Kings dumped him for cheap after the first year of the contract, there was zero chance we would resign him after the second year was up.

And Cammalleri is the prototypical 1-dimensional player. He is there to score goals (especially on the power play), nothing else.
    you're right. i dont know why i thought he was put on waivers.

Kevin Lowe's Sock Account

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I dunno, Max Pacioretty hasn't impressed me fully.
    Has his moments, but he can be a poster boy for streakiness along with Huselius. And if you're using D'Agostini as a 2nd line centre, you're already in trouble.
    That'd be like saying Horcoff is a bona-fide #1 centre like we do here in Edmonton. >.<

so Brill, between the 2 of them, think Gaborik + Conolly combined = a full season's worth of games?

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

^Because Philly fans know nothing about hockey?

I had to take it. It was right there.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

so Brill, between the 2 of them, think Gaborik + Conolly combined = a full season's worth of games?
    I'll say combined they won't top 70 games lol.

BG Level

Phily could use Kriprusoft they never had a good goalie in years that could have a chance to bring them far in Series.

Anyone remember Roman Checkmanek (sp) it was their "future" goalie

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Wow you busted out good old Roman. When do we start talking about Arturs Irbe?

Quote Originally Posted by BrillCS View Post
    I understand what you're saying Bweigelt but here in the states I never see too much of Kipper. It's always Marty Brodeur, Luongo, or Lundqvist. I'm not knocking Calgary's fanbase at all or anything like that. I know you guys are rabid fans as well. But could you see Kipper in New York or Philadelphia? He would be even bigger than he is now.
    No offense taken, I'm not a Calgary fan anyway lol. I was just pointing out that while you guys probably don't get as much exposure there for a guy like Kipper, up here (I'm in Kelowna but that pretty much applies to all of Canada) he wouldn't get nearly as much attention as he does even if he played in New York. Picture the amount of exposure players that play for the Cowboys get and then times it by 5 and thats how much attention every Canadian team gets up here. It is interesting to see the perspective from the American side though, I've always kind of been unsure on how popular the other Canadian teams are there besides Toronto and Montreal.

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Hey Abraxas. I just did my first live draft Sunday for the upcoming fantasy leagues this season, and Timmonen didn't get picked since we don't have PPAs as a stat. Guess thats cause hes a stay-at-home defenseman.

Mark Eaton was a stay at home defenseman... til his wife nagged him once too much, so he punched his wife, walked out the door, and eliminated the Flyers.

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Thoronas View Post
    It was said earlier on that Brodeur shouldnt be number 1 or even close to it anymore. Last year when he was out for months with the bicep injury New Jersey still won games and some of their back up goalies ended up looking really good. But a lot of people were questioning if that was more about the system than the individuals.

When Vancouver lost Lubongo for those month or so they started to tank badly. He's much more of a game changer than Brodeur is right now. I think Kipper is as well, but he needs more help than the Flames were giving him. Plus he needs a back up goalie who can win a game.
    On a more serious non-Eaton-note, my original goalie ranking was for fantasy league purposes, in which case "They're naturally good" vs "They're in a good system" is irrelevant. But yes, Luongo does mean more to his team than Brodeur does in terms of real value, especially with Lemaire back in NJ - you could put the Pierre Mcguire in goal and he'd still stop 90-94% of the ~12 shots that are gonna be put on the NJ net this season.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by friedfunk View Post
    Kipper is going to tear it up this year. Calgary added Jay Bouwmeester and they still have Regehr and Phaneuf so the goals against and save percentage will be awesome. He might not get the wins because Calgary will likely struggle scoring with the loss of Cammalleri but two out of three Yahoo stats isn't bad.
    Lol @ considering Phaneuf to be a good defensive D man. He's a pylon in his own end. I'll give him credit for his offensive game however.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 276 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast