+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 78 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Borderlands     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Borderlands

Hey-

Did a quick search (Ctrl+F, meh) and didn't find anything on this game, was wondering if anyone was planning on picking it up. I hadn't heard about it at all until someone mentioned it in TF2 yesterday, and in doing some reading, sounds fun Procedural generation of weapons, quests, and maps, with some 3m+ possible permutations of items. Diablo-style questing, up to four player drop-in/drop-out multiplayer with 1v1 duals enabled, FPS + RPG gameplay. I've been playing a lot of Fallout lately so it really has my interest

Apparently its coming out on PS3/PC/X360, and as I've on 360 and all my friends have that, I figured i'd see if anyone plans to pick it up on either PS or PC.

I'm planning on picking it up for 360. Major hopes for BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

360 noooo

I had the option between 360 and PS3 for Christmas. I had a 360 before, and while I liked it, I ended up selling it. PS3 was one of those things I always wanted.

My ps3 sits unused upstairs connected to a TV I never used. I haven't touched it in maybe 2-3 months. I get on facebook and see my friends are playing fable/halo3/whatever and it makes me rue the day I said PS3.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Getting it for 360. Looks absolutely amazing...cannot wait!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I have it pre-ordered. Game looks fantastic.

Teamkiller of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

Getting it for 360 for some 4 way action!

Daddy Warbucks
    BG Level

The graphics and art style they went with for this game are really off putting for me, but I'll still likely pick it up because everything else looks great.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

If XIII taught me anything, it's that just because a game is cell shaded doesn't mean it sucks!

Definitely keeping an eye out for this one, looks like great fun.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'm also getting it for 360!

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

PC

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

double checking but the multiplayer is online right? not just splitscreen? I will def be up for some, I have the game paid off already, lol

I want to get this for PC, but I'm holding out on pre-ordering right now. I have really high hopes for this game. I really hope it doesn't flop.

Afaik the multiplayer is splitscreen and/or online co-op

Sleep Deprived Galka BLM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Me and my roommate will be rocking the split screen on the big living room tv. 360 all the way.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Komm Suesser Tod View Post
    Me and my roommate will be rocking the split screen on the big living room tv. 360 all the way.
    Yeah I might have to get a bit of this going on too.

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

HG:L burnt me fairly good (feel sorry for the Founder's offer suckers though), so I'm not feeling much of the hype until it goes a month or two without being plowed into the ground by poor mechanics, poor dev support, and online subs.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Borderlands Is An Exhilirating But Oddly Hollow Experience - borderlands - Kotaku

What keeps me intrigued, makes me want to come back again and again are all of those weapons. Those glorious weapons. There are, by some accounts, more than 3 million variations of weapons in the games. And some do some pretty amazing things. All of them have great, randomly generated names like my machine gun "Bone Shredder", my electrified-bullet shooting sniper rifle "LB20 Static Wrath" and my brutal six shooter "MAL31-B Blast Law".

While the other weapons are pretty neat, and took me quite a time to find, it's Blast Law that renewed my interest in the demo just when I thought I had had enough.

Prior to stumbling across this seemingly innocuous revolver I had to plug away at enemies for a few seconds with Bone Shredder before taking them down. Out of curiosity, mostly because Blast Law's name is written out in a rare purple, I decided to check it out.

The first thing I noticed was that this tiny pistol has a pretty hefty zoom feature: A must for any sniper. It also has a very fast fire rate and reload rate. Then I aimed the gun at a dog-like Skag and pulled the trigger. The creature disappeared in a cloud of red mist. Holy shit!

Banned.

BG Level

Game looks really silly. Like it will make a terrible FPS. People just walking up and spraying into their enemies for a good 4 seconds at point blank.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Yeah, well fuck you too buddy. =)

Banned.

BG Level

Also fucking kotaku lol. Always good for a laugh... like the title wasn't bad enough:

So I jumped into a few missions and the game really started to trudge. Why would I want to run out and hunt Borderlands version of feral dogs? Do I really need to clear out the gangs in this dust bowl? Why do I care about the garden of an amiable loner?

Without much of a plot to anchor the missions too, I was losing interest quickly.
    Incredible.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 78 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast