Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Side Attacking and general damage question

So I decided to be "that guy" and made an en-petrify chigoe.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to make him side-attack after petrifying tho, he's "somewhat wild while aggressive" atm and on the rare occasion the other mob gets off a TP move he -sometimes- moves to the side in that instant.

So my question really is, is it possible to get it to move to the side if the mob is just petrified? Or does the other mob have to ready a tp move/spell so my chigoe will move to the side and then hope to petrify the other mob while it's still facing forward, leaving my chigoe in the side-attack position for extra damage.

Also, when he's simply wailing away on petrified opponents from the front his damage/hit seems to jump up at random with seemingly no indication of something changing (neither mob moving, for example).

http://i29.tinypic.com/2z51ylk.png

Neither mob moved during the whole fight, my pet has no skills that would cause damage to vary for any reason, the damage boosts don't even coincide with incidents of petrification.

Hope people still peek at this forum occasionally.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I always check these forums out but I never messed with enpetrify.

In regards to side attacking, it generally does it in responce to something. To get lucky you have to side attack in responce to a TP move then nail it with petrify.

Meh, was hoping there was a way to get it to side attack because of petrify, guess it was too good to be true.

Btw I still don't get exactly what Nerutral attack means? When you compare it to the elemental attack + plates, which only work on TP moves, it leads you to assume it works only on neutral damage TP moves, but in another thread someone said it effects all 'neutral' attacks including physical hits.

Doesn't really make sense to me, and I can't find any other info about it.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I've never bothered using Neutral attack bonus, in general because it's so ambiguous.

Side attacking only occurs in response to a tp move or a spell being cast. I have never seen a pet just move to the side for no reason, controlled or otherwise.

Frozntoast

I've noticed that sometimes my current Chigoe I'm raising will side-attack an opponent who isn't readying a TP move or casting a spell when I give him the "give em a little more bite" command. He will sometimes do a sidestep when I give the command no matter what my opponent is doing, and after the command is issued, continue to sidestep any tp moves or spells. Temperament is very tame with extremely aggressive.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Obviously is a triple damage proc from its relic...